The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Trump Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cannot stress enough, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IN THE LEGAL COMMUNITY.

Like, it is just openly understood that the law means nothing, the constitution means nothing, and republican justices will do fuck knows what without the barest shred of justification.
The perfect analogy for capitalism is a teenage kid, who refuses to listen to his dad when he gives him a tip on solving a problem. And keeps optimizing how to rake the yard using the handle instead of the head.

DSMatticus wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
MGuy wrote:
Kaelik wrote:
MGuy wrote:
The point of the whole first paragraph I wrote was about how Democratic leadership isn't all that ruthless and is clearly corrupt as well and won't do the things Frank and DSM are describing.

And my point is, your evidence and argument for this conclusion would also result in concluding that republicans care about making sure people have health insurance and regulating banks.

So it's a shit argument.
Your challenging of my evidence is sub par and so I don't take your criticisms seriously. Your entire 'counter point' hinges on telling me that the Dems are exactly the slothful beast I claim they are but I should be ashamed because I have to understand that they either can't do what they should because the Dems keep the Dems from doing so even in the best of times or arguing against points I never made. If you're going to challenge my assumptions, or even the assumptions of people who also believe the Dems clearly don't have the chops to jail their opposition you have to present it. Right now you're failing at even countering the snipped sentences you want to make a bunch of hooplah over.

Alternatively, wholly shit this is weird to have to explain: We have a system that makes change really fucking hard, and extreme changes way harder, so when people don't accomplish the extreme change they say they want, it's not because they are liars, it's because they were accomplishing WHAT THEY COULD in the system that exists. And since Republicans can't do as much bad shit as the want, and Democrats can't do as much good shit as they want, this isn't magically evidence that it's the democrats fault for letting themselves be help back, it's that the system itself prevents large scale drastic change.
Ignoring DSM's aggressive yelling at the wall in an attempt to get me to argue with him over claims he made over a tangent that someone else decided to go on instead of actually arguing against the argument of his I did come out against... I get that governing isn't easy when you're up against opposition but again, what I came out against is the idea that Dems had the teeth and bloodlust to punish the opposition. Your 'brilliant' come back was to call me an idiot (because of course) and to talk about Obama Care and DoddFrank. The former isn't evidence against the idea of toothless Dems I'm pushing and the latter actually supports my stance. When there is actual outrage among the people toward bankers where the people wanted to see them punished the best thing people got was a new regulation. So when I say the best we can expect of the Dems is to hopefully restore the status quo that's me being optimistic because I know they won't do what I'd like so I temper my expectations.

Since the level of discourse here revolves exclusively around being a prick I judge criticisms based on the best counter arguments and your best counters aren't impressive, DSM is gibbering about something I'm not arguing about and Frank's got nothing. I'm unmoved.
Finally a thread about fighters!

Last edited by MGuy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
phlapjackage
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I SO want this to happen:
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/journalists-offered-reward-to-ask-trump-about-u-s-waka-1822087122

tldr; someone offered money to the journalist that asks Trump a serious question about US - Wakanda relations
Chamomile: Deaddmwalking... was a holy warrior dedicated not to a specific cause, but to doing battle with a single foe. With his nemesis forever banished from our shores, he goes off to become a normal denner who puts irritating people on ignore rather than endlessly engage them.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bannon testified for House Intelligence Commitee for ten hours about Russia Probe. He refused to answer questions, consulting with White House.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/01/stormy-daniels-trump-said-i-reminded-him-of-daughter.html

Well, that's getting squickier.

However, this doesn't seem to be affecting the aggregate polls, or else it hasn't hit them yet. Personally, I think fatigue has set in - after a year of Trump's shit, a lot of this is just washing off of people. Trump generates scandals so fast and appalling that nobody can be properly appalled by any given one.

Last edited by Ancient History on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Thaluikhain
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, there's that. Also, for Trump this isn't a big deal. He's cheated on his wife, paid someone to cover it up, and he still thinks his daughters are sexy. Those aren't even illegal or hurting the US people per se.

Anyone who doesn't like this already isn't going to be a fan of Trump for one or more other things he's done.
DrPraetor
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Trump is too stupid to know of what he's guilty.

Now, I'm a pretty sharp guy - or I have some fancy degrees, anyway - and I certainly don't know what is and isn't legal in terms of fronting a group of financiers building a hotel in a foreign country which will have my name on it.

Trump has no fucking clue, and he's been pulling this bullshit for years - which means that on top of whatever crimes he committed on purpose, anyone needing a useful idiot knew he was available to be the fall guy.

That's why Trump finds looking into his finances so threatening - not only is Trump probably covering up something, but in addition there is wrongdoing for which Trump is criminally responsible (ignorance is not, generally, a legal defense), and Trump suspects it's in there but Trump doesn't know what it is.
phlapjackage
Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DrPraetor wrote:
I think Trump is too stupid to know of what he's guilty.

Now, I'm a pretty sharp guy - or I have some fancy degrees, anyway - and I certainly don't know what is and isn't legal in terms of fronting a group of financiers building a hotel in a foreign country which will have my name on it.

I think he and most other rich assholes like him know pretty well how the system works. He's been part of this environment since he was a kid, it's been basically his "job" to know about real estate law and contract law and shit like this for his whole life. I don't mean "know about law" in the sense of a real lawyer, but in the sense of knowing the ins and outs of how to get shit done and how to cut corners and work the system in their favor. Filing deadlines and exception clauses and dispute agreements and etc...

Part of the problem must be that they just don't care so much about the actual legality of any action. What does it matter? Not like there are any actual consequences to white collar crime anyway.
Chamomile: Deaddmwalking... was a holy warrior dedicated not to a specific cause, but to doing battle with a single foe. With his nemesis forever banished from our shores, he goes off to become a normal denner who puts irritating people on ignore rather than endlessly engage them.
Thaluikhain
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd agree with you both, he's unlikely to know what he's guilty of, in large part because it makes no difference and he'll keep on getting away with it unless something big changes.
zugschef
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will at least take as long as it takes to eliminate the chance of him taking others with him to finally remove him from office.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trump seems to have trouble remembering how to stay on message. He said he'd support the idea of DREAMers "morphing" into citizens over 10 - 12 years. This off-the-cuff shift in his long-held stance sent staffers into a "fire drill", as described by one official.

It's always funny watching him just say whatever's bouncing around in his senile head, only for his handlers to have to scramble to figure out how to spin it, whisper something in his ear, and hope that he "clarifies" his stance the next day. That has to be the most stressful and least fulfilling job on the planet.
erik
King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guggenheim turns down White House request for loan of Van Gogh painting and instead counter-offers golden toilet.

I have to take solace in all the victories I can. So wonderful.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last June, Trump ordered Mueller fired, White House counsel Donald F. McGahn II refused

Quote:
The West Wing confrontation marks the first time Mr. Trump is known to have tried to fire the special counsel. Mr. Mueller learned about the episode in recent months as his investigators interviewed current and former senior White House officials in his inquiry into whether the president obstructed justice.

Amid the first wave of news media reports that Mr. Mueller was examining a possible obstruction case, the president began to argue that Mr. Mueller had three conflicts of interest that disqualified him from overseeing the investigation, two of the people said.

After receiving the presidentís order to fire Mr. Mueller, the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, refused to ask the Justice Department to dismiss the special counsel, saying he would quit instead, the people said. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they did not want to be identified discussing a continuing investigation.

Mr. McGahn disagreed with the presidentís case and told senior White House officials that firing Mr. Mueller would have a catastrophic effect on Mr. Trumpís presidency. Mr. McGahn also told White House officials that Mr. Trump would not follow through on the dismissal on his own. The president then backed off.

Trump is calling this fake news. His lawyer Ty Cobb refuses comment.

I suppose until he's ever held accountable for his lies, he's just going to keep lying. If I don't punish my six-year-old for lying to me, she keeps doing it.

Last edited by RobbyPants on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trump wants Congress to declassify Russia memo; a decision that the Justice Department feels is reckless

Trump feels it will undercut the investigation, but the Justice Department wants an official review, first.
FrankTrollman
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Republican war on Truth has gotten pretty intense as regards memo releases. Nunes is demanding that the government release a memo; he wrote the memo; also he classified the memo; the only thing that memo contains are bizarre conspiracy theories. So basically he wrote a memo whose only purpose was to be classified and then unveiled dramatically in order to make some bullshit conspiracy theories be more plausible sounding to fucking idiots.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Trump has gotten into memo release demands. It's what all the cool Republican lawmakers are doing these days.

-Frank
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hey-mike-pence-the-holocaust-didnt-happen-for-your-benefit/
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now the news will switch from talking about secret fbi societies and start talking about Fox's secret channels with Wikileaks and Arrange right?
Finally a thread about fighters!
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trump will not implement sanctions against Mother Russia to punish them for meddling in the election. He claims the threat is a good enough deterrent.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's predictable and also ridiculous. On the one hand, Trump's actual policies are incredibly consistent: 1) Enrich self, 2) glorify self, 3) hurt brown people, 4) serve Putin's interests. On the other hand, the sanctions came pre-packaged with a built-in fig-leaf justification for not implementing them, and Trump didn't even bother to use it, instead making up his own obviously total bullshit justification so he can make it as clear as possible that he's wiping his ass with the rule of law.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trump is really hoping this memo will discredit the investigation, showing bias in the FBI and Justice Department.

That being said, I'm no lawyer, but what's (supposedly) the big deal, here? Is this just to further make the investigation a partisan affair in the eyes of Republicans?

Ignoring the spurious nature of the memo, is legit bias in an investigation a bad thing? I've never expected prosecutors and investigators to have an unbiased view of any suspects. I thought that was sort of their job. The whole system is supposed to be adversarial, with a defense team sitting on the other side. I thought it was really the judges and juries that are supposed to be impartial.
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that were the case, then why are cops and other such people not allowed to work on cases involving friends and family?
virgil
King

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stahlseele wrote:
If that were the case, then why are cops and other such people not allowed to work on cases involving friends and family?
Do you know the difference between explicit conflict of interest and personal opinion? Do you have to give up your right to vote to avoid cases of partisan agenda when investigating politicians?
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mark Corallo, former Trump legal spokesperson, has concerns Hope Hicks is considering obstructing justice. Regarding Trump Jr being coached on what to say about the emails between him and Russia:

Quote:
Hicks allegedly told President Donald Trump on a conference call that the Trump Jr. emails "will never get out," and Corallo plans to share the conversation with special counsel Robert Mueller, the Times reported Wednesday night, citing three people with knowledge of his interview request.
The Times reported that sources said Corallo was concerned by what she said, and thought she was either being naive or implying that the emails could be withheld from the special counsel's team.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Mueller can use Corallo to roll Hicks, that will be a very good time.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God. Trump wants more military options from Pentagon to use against North Korea, against the Pentagon's advice. They're worried he's moving too hastily for military action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 55 of 58

Jump to: