The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Let's Play - Duelmaster: Challenge of the Magi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like another game, playing a new mage, too.
SGamerz
Duke

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's fine with me, too.

Either way, I'd like to confirm who I'd be facing before I finalize my character. Since I've seen 3 of SlyJohnny's games and knows a little more of his playstyle, it might affect my strategies and hence my character creation. You both know more about this game than I do, so I'd want to grab at any advantage possible. Tongue
Mr Shine
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll step aside in favour of SlyJohnny.
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, Mr Shine.

I've rejiggered my character. Ready to go when you are Smile
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, can I see the "different types of things mages can do for bonus points?"
Mr Shine
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SlyJohnny wrote:
Thanks, Mr Shine.

No problem.

I've now read all of your thread and the last bit of Ikeren's, and will be reading the SlyJohnny/SGamerz showdown. Assuming Thaluikhain isn't thoroughly sick of it by the time there is a victor, I'd probably be interested with a game against someone else, both of us with access to the events of all prior games.
Thaluikhain
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SlyJohnny wrote:
Also, can I see the "different types of things mages can do for bonus points?"

Wizard
Destroy the Altar of Darkness
Complete the quest to save the old man's daughter
Participate in the druid's Rite of the Seasons

Necromancer
Complete the quest for Sargash the Hermit
Find the horn that summons the Deathknight
Disrupt the druid's Rite of Rebirth

Pyromancer
Cause something to be stolen from your opponent
Destroy the Jug of Water (take it to a place of red magic and case the Spirit of Flame upon it)
Cause an Efreet to arise from the Oasis

Druid
Ride the unicorn
Use the Key to Limbo
Buy the Silver Scimitar

Sorceror
Sit upon the Seat of All-Seeing Wonder
Find three scrolls of greater magic
Kill the salamander

Magician
Visit all sixteen areas in the Land (Tick them off as you do so)
Save Radamanthis from Death
Hire a mercenary

I was only going to bring those up if someone actually fulfilled one. One person has fulfilled one of those for another kind of mage, and a wizard did participate in the Rite of Rebirth, which might be the same as the Rite of the Seasons (the Rite of Rebirth also being called the Ritual of Rebirth). It wasn't called that in any of the sections I can see, though, so maybe there is another druidic rite elsewhere in the book that I've not yet seen that is called the Rite of the Seasons.

Also seems odd that a wizard gets bonus points for participating in a druidic rite but a druid does not.
SGamerz
Duke

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've created my character in the Mage 3 thread!
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I stopped reading these, but I did look at this thread and am realizing that this is far more vast and complex than I realized.
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do you mean? It's basically a CYOA you play simultaneously, and you fight if you bump into each other.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like, actual quests that don't resolve in a single location, things only certain classes can do.
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations, SGamerz! That was very enjoyable.
Thaluikhain
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And after a much longer game than usual we have a winner:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

A lot more of the Rainbow Land was explored, all sorts of items found (and some lost or stolen), sidequests completed and cunning plans made.

I do find it curious that there was no use of the Focus spell...ah well, saved you from bad Ariana Grande references, I guess.

Last edited by Thaluikhain on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
SGamerz
Duke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for a really entertaining game, SlyJohnny and Thaluikhain!

I was getting really nervous when

Thaluikhain wrote:
I do find it curious that there was no use of the Focus spell...

Didn't I use one of those? I needed that too, I almost ran out of CP no less than twice.

Last edited by SGamerz on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish I could have stolen the Orb. Then I could've done that two-gold loop in the House of Masuolus one or twice, and stolen your Bones of the Earth. But I didn't know at the time what item was letting you see me.
Thaluikhain
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SGamerz wrote:
Thaluikhain wrote:
I do find it curious that there was no use of the Focus spell...

Didn't I use one of those? I needed that too, I almost ran out of CP no less than twice.

Ah yes, looking back you did once.
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That grotto that gotI revealed seemed interesting. I wonder of that's where the Silver Key to that black door is. I think we found most of the good stuff between us, except that and "the horn that summons the death knight" and the scimitar.
Mr Shine
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats to SGamerz. Watching both threads more or less satisfied all my curiosities about the Rainbow Land, enough that I no longer have any interest in playing another game.

If there are no further games though I do have some nagging curiosities I wouldn't mind the answer to. If there are further games I will just sit back and hope they get answered.

Spoilers naturally, don't read this box if you intend to play:
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The shrine of death was repeatable, including mugging Ashmodel for his ring.
SGamerz
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I've read the other thread and realized I had a closer call than I knew. If SlyJohnny hadn't lost the Efreet's magic bag that counters Spirit of the Flame's counterspell, the results might have been very much different due to loss of items!

I'm inclined to think that

Adding on a question myself:

Mr Shine already asked about the crystal that I almost tried going for. Besides what it does, I'm wondering if:

And of course there's the list of bonus stuff we haven't uncovered, how do we find these:
SGamerz
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After looking at the Items with counter-to-counterspell powers and their location, I have an idea about the Crystal, not sure if I'm right:

Thaluikhain
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Much of the Rainbow Land has been explored, I don't know if it'd be worth another game.

However, if anyone still wants to play, I'd hold out on answering those questions for the time being.
SGamerz
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there're any other interested players I'm happy to play another round, although whomever that joins should definitely read the previous games first given how much I already know about the lands at this point.
Mr Shine
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SlyJohnny wrote:
The shrine of death was repeatable, including mugging Ashmodel for his ring.

I meant Emiterus's shrine.
Thaluikhain
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I'll wait a little while to see if anyone else wants another game before divulging anything secret, I can confirm that there's no codewords for that shrine, you can use it as many times as you want.

It says "It is some time since I have witnessed a good duel", so maybe if you fight but someone runs away rather than fighting to the death it doesn't count or something. Or maybe by "some time" he means 30 minutes, but I might be stretching a bit there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: