OSSR: The Dying Earth RPG

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

This has made for some interesting reading. I don't have as negative an opinion of the Dying Earth RPG but then again I didn't read it as deeply, that's what OSSRs are for! Without any snark, I am somewhat surprised that Robin D. Laws, whose success as a writer and designer is more or less legendary, wrote a draft that was so incoherent and self contradictory. There is stuff there that seems perfect for a dying Earth RPG, but then that we've got "% of body exposed while on fire tables" is just babbling.

Appropos of nothing: I've read all of the Dying Earth stories/novels except for Rhialto the Marvelous.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

Read Rhialto the Marvelous.
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

Read anything by Jack Vance. Here: Green Magic
Last edited by Occluded Sun on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.