The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Shadowrun Alt.War Clarifications
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In My Humble Opinion...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlangsdorf
Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So there's two things I'm trying to model:
* A G17 pistol and a G18 pistol are equally controllable in semi-auto mode, but the G18 firing bursts is a way to waste ammo really fast. So we need a mechanism for low ST weapons that become uncontrollable
* A modern SAW is just freaking heavy, but it's a heavy gun firing a light bullet and is more controllable in auto fire than an assault rifle firing the same bullet. So we need a mechanism for high ST weapons that are manageable in burst fire.

And I tossed something out in hopes of getting feedback, and thank you, I did.

So solving the second thing first: that's recoil compensation. There's already an existing mechanism. Duh. Use that.

The first item is a rare edge case that can probably be noted in weapon descriptions: increases minST in BF/FA modes.

You're right, coming up with an additional stat was not a good solution.
Surgo
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey JesterZero, if it's possible could you post your effects-based cyberware rules sometime? That sounds particularly awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In My Humble Opinion... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: