The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Online card games other than Hearthstone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Online card games other than Hearthstone Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or MtG: Online.

I've gotten back into Hearthstone but curious about other online card games out there and how they do their online card game thing.
Foxwarrior
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's Astral Heroes. It's got both collectible and non-collectible modes, and AI that isn't blitheringly idiotic.
Blicero
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quintin Smith really likes Duelyst:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGYWGcd_6uM
Red_Rob
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also really like Duelyst.

Not played that much of it yet but it keeps enough MtG/Hearthstone to be immediately accessible whilst adding a new element with the board that puts an interesting twist on things.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadowverse,
    Chronicle: RuneScape Legends,
    The Elder Scrolls: Legends,
    Pokemon TCG Online,
    Triple Triad (through Final Fantasy Portal) [I Need to write a Failure of Game Design for that game]

Last edited by Leress on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sigil
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've actually recently gotten into Pokemon TCG Online recently, and was pleasantly surprised by how consumer friendly the model was. I initially started playing because me and a friend bought and drafted some (physical) pokemon cards to draft and have some nostalgia, and each booster pack or sealed box had a code to redeem the equivalent online. I decided to redeem them and check it out, and discovered that even just making an account with no cards, you can over time earn plenty of cards, enough to make a competitive deck through trading.
Rejakor
Master

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing Star Realms lately. Deckbuilding game like Dominion, but very tightly designed. Only online CCG to hold my interest.
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is also Faeria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH6_X9otaiU
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Card Hunter is a thing, too, that I played for a bit. It was fun for a little while and didn't cost money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: