Universes you'd like to see serialized.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Universes you'd like to see serialized.

Post by Stahlseele »

So, after having started to watch the old classic battletech animated series again and noticing how, despite it being hammy as shit 80's trash, it is still about 95% correct on all the small little details of the universe i find myself thinking:
what other universes would the denizens like to see adapted in the format of animated video content with that level of attention to detail?

we will for sake of discussion ignore the fact that any such series would today be completely butchered by marketing, political correctness and an attempt to make it cool/better looking by fucking about with the source material and not being close to anything resembling the original setting . .

I'll go first:
Shadowrun. Perfectly suited, because it's basically A-Team with Magic set in Robocop intro Guy Voice: Detrot, the near future.

Warhammer 40k. Probably pretty much impossible to do it any kind of justice, because the universe is just so batshit insanely huge and bonkers.
Also, not very marketable because of more NC17 than PG13.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

A Warhammer 40k adaption by Studio Madhouse. Their works include Vampire Hunter D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlL4AkStIcY

The character designs were done by Yoshitaka Amano, who also did the Japanese covers of Elric novels. Jes Goodwin had also sculpted Elric miniatures so Amano is close to the aesthetic of one of 40k's main artists.

One of Madhouse's films has a sci-fantasy heavy metal vibe reminiscent of 40k, Redline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnY_RgdTlZo
Last edited by OgreBattle on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

I know its a little silly, but the Macross universe is just awesome. None of the science makes much sense though, But WHATEVER. A WIZARD DID IT! or something. Oh, aliens... right.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Erm . .
Macross got several series? O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.