Returning to Skyrim

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Returning to Skyrim

Post by AndreiChekov »

So, after not playing it for about two years, I'm planning to dick around on Skyrim again. I've never actually bothered adding quest mods ever, well, except for DB extended, and that was shit, so are there any good quest mods out there?

I already know about Falskaar, and I'm going to add that.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I've played around with a few quest mods. Into the Depths and Clockwork are great for atmosphere (but aren't that challenging). Dwemertech is pretty good but possible immersion-breaking (you can become a cyborg using dwemer technology), Lost Wonders of Mzark is in the same vein (but no cybernetics in that one).

The Oblivion Realms Serie, The Temple of Blackrock, and Hjakhtraevarr Tomb are neat mods but are challenging (as in you find the switch in the very dark corner at the opposite end of the cell to proceed kind of challenging).

Super Skyrim Brothers deserves a mention because even though it's stupid as hell I respect the effort the creator put into it (for maximum immersion, drop all weapons, armor, items, and equipment and only use what you find in the mod). Same goes for The Bottomless Pit, it's basically a Minecraft Fall puzzle done in Skyrim. The Evil Mansion is Resident Evil 1 in Skyrim.

Undeath is a neat mod, you turn into a Lich through a series of quests (similar to Vampire transformation). Spellblade is a long dungeon that adds a lot of unique enchants to the game.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Forgotten City is pretty interesting. Don't think I've seen another quest mod like it. Legacy of the Dragonborn is the old dragonborn museum mod with a bunch of other mods thrown into it (including quest mods. Can't really think of any other ones that Count didn't mention offhand I'll have to open up me Mod Organizer and see what is still working.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Blicero
Duke

Post by Blicero »

There was a recently released total conversion for Skyrim called Enderal. It brings the game's leveling systems more in line with a Gothic game and adds a new continent and storyline. It also boosts the graphics an appreciable amount. So it's basically a new free game running in the Skyrim engine. Maybe worth a check, particularly if you like kinda janky European RPGs. The bits of it I played were generally enjoyable.
Out beyond the hull, mucoid strings of non-baryonic matter streamed past like Christ's blood in the firmament.
crasskris
Journeyman

Post by crasskris »

Blicero wrote:There was a recently released total conversion for Skyrim called Enderal. It brings the game's leveling systems more in line with a Gothic game and adds a new continent and storyline.
Minor correction: it creates it's own game world; you're not in Tamriel any more. Which means you can't use your existing Skyrim character, but have to create a new one under the new regime.

That said, it is an enjoyable experience, with a heavy focus on exploration and story. And quite impressive, for a non-commercial team. They even managed to enlist professional voice actors (for some of the parts, at least).
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Anyone know how hard it is to mod enderal? I like the idea, and I'm downloading it, but I want to keep my animu faces and catgirls.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Oh lordie, enderal was the worst gaming experience that I have ever been through. It uses the size of skyrim targeting on a thing where you have 3 seconds to complete a timed trial...

Skyrim targeting is designed for a game that enver does that, and I suck at that already, so I dropped it.

For a detailed version of why I dropped enderal.
So, you come across a little boy, and he essentially leads you to an open ended riddle, find the items quest. Well, fuck that. the riddle is so short, i don't know how anyone is supposed to figure it out short of luck. Its 4 fucking lines.

Aaaaaand, I'm not very good at aiming or platformers. I am playing the mainquest and they expect you to plug 5 tiny holes within 2 seconds, or is it 3?, Skyrim really doesn't have a targeting system to work well with that. Especially for lowerish computers.
TL;DR
I dislike Enderal for the same reasons that I dislike Legend of Zelda, and ever other game from nintendo.[/spoiler]
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Count Arioch the 28th
King

If you want advice on big titty skyrim mods I could give you pointers (I find Caliente to be more flexible but it requires some work to get right, whereas something like 7base works a bit better out of the box but doesn't have a lot of options, if I'm feeling like a more immersive experience I actually prefer the mods that make women on the larger end of the weight slider more muscular). If you're looking for male body mods SoS isn't that bad if you don't use the more ridiculous options (and the skimpy male armor sets in SoS seem somewhat lore-friendly, you can totally see Conan rocking a lot of them). That being said it's a lot of work for aesthetics.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

I use UNP with SG texture renewal, and I think its Honey better faces or something. Eyes of beauty also.

I also use the eiries Ohmes Raht Khajit thing. However, it doesn't matter any more, because I'm not going to play enderal. Its a style of game that I don't enjoy, so I already have the mods for skyrim, I was just wondering how hard it is to convert them to Enderal.

And, I know that combination doesn't make animu faces, but I don't want them on everyone, just on me.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Oblivion realms serie is fun, but really difficult. I'm not playing a game anymore, just trying to survive.

Forgotten City is fanfrickintastic. I will probably play that super skyrim brothers thing at some point but I have a few more hours of the first 2 mentioned left.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Just reading about Enderal makes me want to be able to play in Innistrad with Skyrim and patches. Would Enderal broadly suit that desire?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Prak wrote:Just reading about Enderal makes me want to be able to play in Innistrad with Skyrim and patches. Would Enderal broadly suit that desire?
The amount of personal work that you would have to put in to make that work means that it probably is too much effort.

It seems to me that Enderal players feel the same way about their game that Innistrad players would feel, but apart from the "we are sooooo fucked" thing they aren't very related.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

So, theres a mod somewhere that allows you to have your other characters as followers. Annnnd I can't remember what it is called, or even where I found it.

Anyone else know what I am talking about?

Edit: I probably saw it on MXR mods, but there are 220 of those videos and I don't have that kind of time.
Last edited by AndreiChekov on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Sounds like Familiar Faces.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54509/?
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Yes! many thanks
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x