Open Sprites and Free Spirits

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Foxwarrior
Duke

Open Sprites and Free Spirits

Post by Foxwarrior »

Since everybody seems to have forgotten to write proper rules for playing a sprite or spirit, I whipped some up. These are intended to be used with Ends of the Matrix and Shadowrun 4A.

http://www.gempunks.com/FreeSprite/

I tried to make sure they got ways to deal with the things that make playing a spirit or sprite unplayable in concept, and hopefully picked the right cost values.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

I'm so upset that you didn't go with Libre Sprite
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Trill
Knight

Post by Trill »

Any reason why you started with R4?
Also: Why 60BP per rating? Because a Sprite has seven Attributes dependent on Rating, why not 70BP?
Mord, on Cosmic Horror wrote:Today if I say to the man on the street, "Did you know that the world you live in is a fragile veneer of normality over an uncaring universe, that we could all die at any moment at the whim of beings unknown to us for reasons having nothing to do with ourselves, and that as far as the rest of the universe is concerned, nothing anyone ever did with their life has ever mattered?" his response, if any, will be "Yes, of course; now if you'll excuse me, I need to retweet Sonic the Hedgehog." What do you even do with that?
JigokuBosatsu wrote:"In Hell, The Revolution Will Not Be Affordable"
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Trill wrote:Any reason why you started with R4?
Also: Why 60BP per rating? Because a Sprite has seven Attributes dependent on Rating, why not 70BP?
Well because it's obviously a Bundle.

I think as long as Sprites are still capped at 6 for skills and 9 for attributes, they are relatively balanced as PCs.

They have fewer sprite powers than Technomancers, but better skills than Technomancers, they have worse skills than Hackers/Hacker Adepts, at the highs, but get Sprite Powers and Resonance Forms at all.

They are more fragile than either technomancers or Hackers, but can bypass Faraday cages or deadzones in a way that Technomancers can't.

I would expand the list of "any sprite" powers to include Clarity and Filter? Stability and Filter? Whichever ones reduce background.
Last edited by Kaelik on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Foxwarrior
Duke

Post by Foxwarrior »

Ah yes, attribute caps, good catch.

Well, now that attributes are capped, maybe advancing past rating 9 should cost a little less, or also give you any sprite power from the list, like those background reducing ones if you want.

Or maybe some other late-game way to become an uber sprite with all the powers, dunno.