Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Genzoman. I need flashy and whimsical.
Heaven's Thunder Hammer
Master

Post by Heaven's Thunder Hammer »

RPG artists have names??

That said, I this Melissa Uran (I think) has done some great Exalted art. She's also the only RPG artist whose name I know.
Smirnoffico
Journeyman

Post by Smirnoffico »

Very much depends on the game. Probably Stjepan Sejic. Or Giger if I go full crazy
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Daniel R. Horne.
He's done so much of the art that I remember as being iconic D&D. I'd love to have him do some more high quality stuff.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Mike Mignola would be great for an RPG with a gritty, gorey tone. There's some other artists that remind me of his style like Ramon Perez's work on RIFTS
There's also The Dark Spire dungeon crawler, though I don't know who the artist is.
Would be good for one of those retro-clone games

Etrian Odyssey's Yuji Himukai also does the solid black shadows. He pays a lot of attention to nice metal armor details, he rarely does anything non cutesy though.

Last edited by OgreBattle on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Kazuma Kaneko
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

0. Tsutomu Nihei for any and all dungeon crawls.
1. Toren Atkinson.
2. Dennis Detwiler
3. Kevin Siembieda.
4. Larry Elmore
5. Echo Chernik

Notes on #1: He has indeed worked as an artist in the game industry. He's also the frontman of a band I really like, Darkest of the Hillside Thickets.

Notes on #3: not for anything to do with his actual artistic ability (though he is a fine artist, actually), just because it would be so goddamn amusing for KS to be in a subordinate role to anyone. Ever.

No notes on anyone else on the list, I just think they're good artists and/or cool people.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)