Things that make you say "Shut up and take my money!"

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Things that make you say "Shut up and take my money!"

Post by Prak »

It's getting stupid to keep putting these in the News or Images thread. So here's a thread specifically for cool shit to buy you find online.

I wonder if Koumei needs a bottle opener:
drinking our pain away by moonlight...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

You should post links to the website that's doing the selling, if possible. My sister would want one of those.

Edit: Ha! Clicked the image! Thanks!
Last edited by Maj on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

As awesome as that is, I don't drink things that require that kind of bottle opener:
-A nice dry white wine: screw-off cap like a metal version of what Coke bottles have
-Apple soidurrcider: cans
-Expensive single malt whisky: screw-off cap with cork, replaced by my fancy Glenfiddich metal-and-rubber bottle top
-Rum: same as the wine
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Here in America, plenty of ciders come in bottles with caps that don't twist off. In fact, the good ones, do. Which is to say not Redd's crap.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I have a sweet tooth, so the only cider I drink is Somersby, which basically tastes like carbonated apple juice.

Except unlike most canned apple juices it doesn't give me the howling shits that take crazy drug use to halt.

And yeah, it just comes in cans, at least as far as it's sold at the local places.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Hmm... carbonated alcoholic apple juice does sound like something I'd be interested in. I'll have to see if BevMo carries it.

Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

Alchoholic applejuice is the only thing that American cider ever is. You'd have to stir in a cup of sugar to get it any more cloying. You're better served with Martinelli's and a snap of moonshine.

That said:

The exceptions actually do tend to come in cans.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

The best use of sweet ciders is as a precursor to homemade applejack. Most bottled alcopops can handle a belt of eau de vie, if one has something cheap they want to get rid of.

I've been searching for a quality multi-function breaching tool, to little success. Most halligan/axe combos have inflated prices for purposes of being sold to fire or police departments, and what combo tools are reasonably priced tend to be garbage. I think instead I'll just get some single-use tools, like this 48" wrecking bar.

The sad part is I've been looking for a decent cheapish >40" modern take on a shepherd's axe, to use when hiking, and the above, with a decent custom stop, is a closer fit than most.
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Bricks for the brick god!

What's pictured is not for sale, but I'm tempted to find lego builder plans and buy legos I'm missing to make a WH40K army.

My oldest son likes creating various things to battle against my creations. Daddy of course always loses, since it is like cops and robbers except with shield generators and force powers for the cops only. Last time he gave me 30 minutes to build my army while he had spent months on his (and I had to pay attention as he told me about each piece as I furiously built from the leftover scraps he hadn't used). I was pleased that I banged out a half-dozen ships and a few more weird single person vehicles.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i think there's an internet page that does that kind of stuff . .
You can upload pictures of stuff and somehow they get translated over to lego build plans complete with list of needed bricks to complete the built.

also, in the 31st century, Bricks are at war once again:
http://www.brickcommander.com/

http://www.brickcommander.com/BC-CBT.htm
look there for example. in the center coloumn are at least 2 lego cad pages linked.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Fri May 27, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.