[LP] Blood Valley: The Hunter

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

The hounds leap forward, snarling and snorting flame to attack your prey. You stand back to survey the fight, smiling grimly.

(The hounds have a couple of previously-unmentioned combat factors. First, they have a combat penalty when fighting the Priest. Second, each round of combat they have a 1/3 chance to breathe fire, which has a 1/2 chance of causing a wound roll to the quarry. Why they didn't just combine the two rolls into a 1/6 chance is beyond me.)

(You also have the option to call off the hounds, which I will do if they reach Whimpering. You're in good shape and the quarry is hurting, no need to unduly risk losing your demon-gifts here. Also, if the quarry flees, you may need their help later.)
HOUNDS OF HELL
Savage (+2 strike, +1 damage)
Vicious (+1 strike)
Wounded (-1 damage)
Whimpering (-1 strike, -2 damage)
Dead

Round 1: Thief 6+2, Hounds 2+2; Damage 3 (1 HL, no poison). Hounds are Vicious. No firebreath.
Round 2: Thief 5+2, Hounds 10+1; Damage 1 (1 HL). Thief is Crippled. No firebreath.
Round 3: Thief 7+2, Hounds 8+1; Damage 5 (1 HL, no poison). Hounds are Wounded. Firebreath, misses.
Round 4: Thief 7+2, Hounds 5; Damage 4 (1 HL, no poison). Hounds are Whimpering. No firebreath.
(Combat ends!)
The hounds sprint back towards you, tails between their legs. Now you prepare to kill your prey, and take his head.
You circle each other warily. For each combat round you must choose one of eight combat options (listed below), the results of which will modify the next strike roll on top of any other modifiers you both may have. The Quarry will be making a choice from the same moves. There is a table at the back of the book in the main thread explaining the combat choices.

• Charge forward and execute an overhead cut?
• Make a cautious jab?
• Sidestep to the left and slash to the right?
• Sidestep to the right and slash to the left?
• Slash to the left?
• Slash to the right?
• Parry and riposte?
• Flee?
The Archveult

Wound Levels:
Healthy/Bruised/Injured/Wounded/Badly Wounded/Crippled/Dead

Combat:
+2 Damage
+2 Strike with mace

Equipment:
Spiked mace
Armor (Absorbs one level of damage on a roll of 5+)

Special Abilities
Night Vision
Breathe Water
Strength
Endurance
Warrior Skill
Awe others
Hounds
Suit of Armor
Allies

Hounds of Hell
Savage (+2 strike, +1 damage)
Vicious (+1 strike)
Wounded (-1 damage)
Whimpering (-1 strike, -2 damage)
Dead
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Since we have the clear upper hand, I vote the more cautious move (jab).
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'd charge/chop, actually. There's a real chance our quarry will attempt to flee, and we're in perfectly good health.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

We won't need more than 1 hit to kill her, and even if she tries to flee in the first round, we still get one hit at her with a +2 bonus if we use jab.

Besides, the quarry may expect us to charge.
Last edited by SGamerz on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Very well. Changing my vote to jab.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

You pause, waiting for an opening in your opponent's defense and make a tentative lunge.

(Your opponent has charged!)

You find yourself caught on the hop, off-balance. The quarry adds three to her strike roll.
Round 1: Quarry 6+2+3, Archveult 8+2; Damage roll 2 (no poison, no armor save: 1 HL) The Archveult is Bruised.
You circle each other warily. For each combat round you must choose one of eight combat options (listed below), the results of which will modify the next strike roll on top of any other modifiers you both may have. The Quarry will be making a choice from the same moves. There is a table at the back of the book in the main thread explaining the combat choices.

• Make a cautious jab?
• Slash to the left?
• Slash to the right?
• Parry and riposte?
• Flee?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Now I suggest we charge.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

half a vot to charge
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

You rush forward, delivering a great overhead blow at the quarry, screaming as you do so.

(The quarry has charged and chopped.)

You meet with a resounding clash.
Round 2: Quarry 7+2, Archveult 6+2; Damage Roll 6 (no poison, armor saves!: 1 HL). The Archveult is Injured.
Fortune is with the quarry, for the moment. But they need only slip once...
You circle each other warily. For each combat round you must choose one of eight combat options (listed below), the results of which will modify the next strike roll on top of any other modifiers you both may have. The Archveult will be making a choice from the same moves. There is a table at the back of the book in the main thread explaining the combat choices.

• Make a cautious jab?
• Slash to the left?
• Slash to the right?
• Parry and riposte?
• Flee?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Sidestep to the left and slash to the right. Or vice versa, I'm flexible. It gives the greatest possible advantage against charging.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

I say charge again!
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

I want to either charge or jab to prevent fleeing every round as long as we're healthier than her, so charge.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

You rush forward, delivering a great overhead blow at the quarry, screaming as you do so.

(The quarry has fled.)

You chase after the quarry, and chop down at their exposed and undefended back. Add 4 to your strike roll and 1 to your damage roll. Also, your opponent must turn to face you for another combat round. They have not escaped.
Round 3: Quarry 4+2, Archveult 9+2+4; Damage Roll 9 (3 HLs). The Quarry is Dead, dead, dead.
She gave excellent sport, as Kritos promised, but the hunt is ended. Victory to the Firedrake!