The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Giant Robots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OgreBattle
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Giant Robots Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Came across a Front Mission-esque indie title:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dual-gear-mecha-turn-based-x-action-game#/

The trailer footage looks good, and they have a playable demo.
Done by a small team in Bangkok, I'll have to visit them next time I'm there. The founder of the company is the lead artist, so it's a game made with a love of mecha design at heart.

---
Junji Okubo of Steel Battalion Fame has also been more active on social media of late:

https://twitter.com/izmojuki

I don't think he's done any video games in recent years though, I don't think that terrible Steel Battalion sequel had him do the art either.

---

Anyone else hear played the Armored Core games? Was the first PSX title I picked up from the import section of ye local olde video game shoppe.

Last edited by OgreBattle on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played Armored core 2 and 3, Front Mission 3 and 4, Steambot Chronicles, and Vixen 357.

----

Dual Gear looks pretty good, it's battle system reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles mixed with Stella Deus.

Last edited by Leress on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played Armored Cores 1 - 5 and FM 3 and 4 as well. Don't know anything about this Dual thing, Steambot or Vixen. I can say I did not like the last Armored Core (V-Day) or FM so I haven't played either since then. Don't know if those went any further.

Edit: Dual looks like Front Mission to me.
Finally a thread about fighters!

Last edited by MGuy on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MGuy wrote:
I've played Armored Cores 1 - 5 and FM 3 and 4 as well. Don't know anything about this Dual thing, Steambot or Vixen. I can say I did not like the last Armored Core (V-Day) or FM so I haven't played either since then. Don't know if those went any further.

Armored Core hasn't had a new one, FM release FM5 for PS2, but it never was release outside of Japan. It was later fan translated. Later the painfully average Front Mission Evolved, for the PC, PS3, X360.

Steambot Chronicles was more of an sand box mech action game, the was more light-hearted and Vixen was only released in Japan for the Genesis and was a strategy/rpg.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.dualgeargame.com/

This game has a second Indiegogo campaign and it is set to release in the Q1 of 2017.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: