A Petition to Get Silva Banned

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Should Silva be banned?

Yes.
60%
We should mail him some Haribo Sugar-Free Gummi Bears.
40%

Total votes: 5

Shrapnel
Prince

A Petition to Get Silva Banned

Post by Shrapnel »

Basically, just post "Yes, I want Silva gone" or some such here, and hopefully fbmf will demonstrate that democracy still works by following the will of the people and kicking silva's ass out.

Mod Edit:
[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Don't ever imagine that this is a democracy. I do not need your help moderating.
[/TGFBS]
Last edited by Shrapnel on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

So now we've moved to attack threads? Fuck off.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
erik
King

Post by erik »

If he's banned then it should be because he is an admitted troll who violates board rules. Not because of a vote. This ain't a democracy.

Can make the case for banning in the meta board thread maybe.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Just put him on ignore, dude.

While I personally see no point in reading his posts, he has not (to my knowledge) done anything ban worthy by the loose standards of The Den. And sme of the threads he starts do eventually turn into interesting discussions.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Fuck off.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Popularity votes are not the reason we ban people. He should be banned only because in fbmf's determination he has violated the board rules.

If silva not being banned results in threads that make us laugh/cry coming back because it is no longer against the rules, and Roy and PR are gone, so no one will create troll threads in other forums and then post links and ask us to pretty please attack the people they are baiting, then silva will have single handedly contributed more to the forum than most posters ever will.

But if we can't have non-troll posters post stupid things from other forums to be mocked, then for god sakes why is the troll poster allowed to do it?
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Add one more vote to fuck off.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

We do not ban people simply because we do not like them. That is not how things are done on this board.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

I'm no Bearva fan but for fvck sake Sharpnel why?
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

This can only end in tears. Or moderate annoyance.
"Most men are of no more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into excrement." - Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Be advised that, henceforth, this kind of thing will get the poster that started it banned.

If I need anyone's help moderating I promise I will ask.
[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]