Quotes, 2015

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Quotes, 2015

Post by Ancient History »

"Every question is an opportunity. Every question is a test. It's okay if you don't know the answer. That doesn't mean you don't answer. That doesn't mean you lie, or make something up. That means you find out. You learn. Then you tell somebody else. That's how it works. You learn something, then you teach. Every time you answer a question you didn't know the answer to."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"For far too many years, I thought Mr. Fuckoff was Russian."
erik
King

Post by erik »

M: "What spell were you casting?"
Erik: "Pain! Oh. Godammit."

[exposition spoilered]
I was asked by another party member about my spell selection as my nethermancer in Earthdawn was getting flabbergasted that the blood elves who ambushed us were shrugging off my spell like they had Spell Defenses in the 17+ region.

You know, the elves that riddled themselves with thorns to cause self-inflicted pain so bad that Horrors were put off. They were unimpressed with my antics.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"I do not think in the end there will be peace, for I have never truly known peace, only the absence of conflict which ever threatened to come to the boil once more. But there will be a final settling of accounts, all debts paid as they may be paid, a kindness returned with a kindness. Then, perhaps, there will be rest and release. I may strive for nothing less, and can scarce imagine anything more."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"Was it on the shores of that quiet lake, where I first met you; or was it in the alley behind the theater, rank and sweaty with you clawing at my back; was it in the lunch hall at school, when your leg brushed mine; or was it beneath that tree, where we pointed out where our erstwhile lovers had carved our names; was it flattened between the pages of the book you gave me, to fall fluttering out when I opened it another year; or was it in the dusty space, where your picture used to dwell. Well, nevermore. I'll drown in lethe before I utter your name again, and if you seek me look no more than for a trail of bottles, which follow me like breadcrumbs down to hell."
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

"Must be on microfilch or something"
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

"This lack of uncertainty confuses me"
Hat Films or Yogscast on youtube. I'd have to rewatch several hours of videos to find the exact video <.<
Last edited by Stahlseele on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

"It wasn't illegal when I watched the show!" -A guy in my anime club who picked Illyasviel Von Einzbern as waifu.
Last edited by name_here on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

I'd be interested in the sources for these. There's lots of quotes I think of often in guiding my life but it'd be good to know who these are coming from.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"Each competitor here wielding a chair like a samurai warrior."
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"Some people seem to forget photoshop is a privilege, not a right."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"Your movie was so boring, I couldn't be bothered to wait around for the nudity."
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"So we all descended from stationary."
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"What's the hammer for?" she said.
"To break the ice in the toilet." he replied.
For a moment she stood there in her stockings and coat, twisting a strand of hair.
"May I borrow the hammer?" she asked.
He paused and seemed to consider. "No," he said at last. "Get your own."
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

What is that from?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Random brainspill.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"To many, science is a cold and stark light in a dim and fear-filled world...it shows that all the old demons are but paper devils, and all the saints no more than painted icons. If offers no solace that suffering is rewarded, or justified. The demons of rationality are responsibility, culpability, and consequence; whatever heaven there may be must be built on this earth, and we are the ones who must build it. There is no-one to shoulder this task but ourselves, no one to blame if we fail except ourselves. Small wonder then, some flee from rationality, and embrace the timeworn traditions of old religion with a new and fervent zeal that might surprise their parents. We see them bring the suffering upon themselves and others, pointlessly; but they see every pain they suffer in this world as a trial they deserve, and every gain as a reward for their efforts, whether earned or not. Who can reason with those who have given up on reason?"
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder."
"I don't think you've quite got that correct."
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

"That fart sounded like an 'uh ohhhh' "
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"Look, all I'm saying is to know your limits. Never buy a car that doesn't start. Never buy a horse that isn't upright, walking, and preferably saddled. Never buy meat that isn't ready to burn. If you want to do it yourself, go to IKEA. Have a meatball. But when you lose your poor man's screwdriver, I will not be there to help you."
erik
King

Post by erik »

erik- "It feels like Sunday, but I'm so glad it is actually Saturday."
mrs erik- "It is Sunday."
erik "No. No no noooo!"

I just died a little bit.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Some Idiot: So I have a question for you. Why hasn't the earth been destroyed by meteors by now?

Me: Why would it have been?

Some Idiot: Well it's been destroyed before so why hasn't it happened again?

Me: What planet do you think we're on right now?
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"Alcohol has cultural value. Even if you don't drink, you need to understand that. A beer is understood as social currency; it has a value that is hard to quantify. You owe someone a beer for helping you to move a couch, or critiquing your essay, or upholding your alibi, or changing your kid's diaper, or just fucking being there and listening to you moan about the bastard you just broke up with, or being there with you during the funeral so you wouldn't be alone. It isn't a financial recompense by any means; it doesn't make up for the time or effort or skill they put into the task; it isn't a transaction. It's a gesture to show 'You were there for me when I needed it, and I appreciate that. Thank you. Have a beer.'"
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

As a non drinking guy, i can testify to this being true . .
But only if it's a good beer, or at least the persons favourite.
If it's a bad beer, then no, the thought does not count for shit.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"There is no more a sense of movement in America; the frontiers have all been lost, the culture exists in a timeless now, generations grown up in blue jeans, which have persevered and evolved, specialized into a thousand shades and designs, some with eye-catching rivets or artful tears, ripped knees and camouflage fades, and yet all the same, always the same, for a pair of jeans is a pair of jeans on either side of the great millennial line. Now is the era of decay; it is no country for young men and women, come into their own to find only they are too educated or too ignorant, the jobs taken by those who cannot afford to retire, and the shiny places are too expensive for them to be where the action is. Bright young things are used up and burned out at a furious pace, but thanks to modern medicine more and more of them will live to regret their mistakes; the 27 Club never looked so inviting as when you look back from the wrong side of that milestone, and realize how you have already peaked and never known it, yet there is still the long, long decline ahead, and there is nothing to do but resign ourselves to the culture that has lost all momentum, it is not profitable enough to move forward, we bite and claw if they try to move back, and so we are stuck in the eternal limbo bequeathed by the tasteless Nineties to their children, refining the same flavors over and over again, and we too tired of religion to even say 'Amen.'"

"The worst conversation I ever had began when my mechanic poured me a drink."

"If Brooklyn had done no greater service to the world than to give so great and distinct an accent, it would yet have accomplished all that anyone could ever have asked of a borough." - Janice Cardin, "The Golden Apple: The Way of Immortality in New York City" (1931, Killcreek Press), xii.