Moderator: Moderators

JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Fabletop?

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

Presented without comment.
http://fabletop.com

For now.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
GreatGreyShrike
Master

Post by GreatGreyShrike »

The technology on display looks sort of nice, I guess?

The rules are sort of distressing - dicepools are all well and good but.... why would you go to all that trouble to make a electronic map to use, and then apparantly not have any positioning or movement rules that matter or use the map at all? ("During a turn, characters have enough time to reach the nearest enemy and attack. Basic athletic moves (e.g. jumping on a rock) don't require a roll." That is the movement system.)

With similar ranged attack rules, all positioning is irrelevant as far as I can tell and therefore the entire map is pointless, and you might as well just use standard IRC with any dierolling support, because you aren't tracking positions or movement in any meaningful way anyways...

The no-death stuff and a lot of the rest of it aren't particularly surprising, for what it seems to bill itself as, but I wouldn't enjoy them.

I guess as rules-lite goes there's probably worse, and at least the thing is succint?
Last edited by GreatGreyShrike on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.