What ol' Santa is bringin for you ?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

silva
Duke

What ol' Santa is bringin for you ?

Post by silva »

Me ? I just pledged the Shinobigami rpg kickstarter at limited edition level (faux leather black & red hardcover in the shape of a mystic ninja scroll YEAAAAHHH :tonguesmilie: ), plus Urban Shadows and Saga of the Icelanders from Noble Knight.

How about you ? Whats Santa bringin to you ?
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

a lump of coal, if anything, if i had to hazard a guess . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Sex. Toys. Toys of sex. Physics, actual toys, sex goat, and a PS4 controller.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

I'm largely waiting for the Steam sale to get me some dosh.

Does Gaben count as a Santa?
Prak
Serious Badass

Re: What ol' Santa is bringin for you ?

Post by Prak »

silva wrote:faux leather black & red hardcover in the shape of a mystic ninja scroll YEAAAAHHH
Could you post a picture? The shape of a mystic ninja scroll thing is hard to picture when it's also hardcover.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

This was both my birthday and Christmas present:

I hit it with sticks. Poorly.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
silva
Duke

Re: What ol' Santa is bringin for you ?

Post by silva »

Wau! Nice rig, Jigoku. :thumb:

Prak: theres no picture yet. I went with the description given by the author on the KS page..
-- LIMITED EDITION HARDCOVER BOOKS --

The highest level of support/backing rewards you with a limited edition version of both the core Shinobigami book and the supplement book.[...] The design is not finalized, but the concept will be Hardcover, Faux-Leather, Black with Bright Red highlights, that looks like a cross between a cursed ninja training scroll and a secret journal. Esoteric Buddhism ( 密教 Mikkyo, often used in "ninja magic") lettering and diagrams, and so on. Will attract strange looks from passersby.
Last edited by silva on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Hm, weird.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Rasumichin
Apprentice

Post by Rasumichin »

Maybe there's a faux scroll attached to the back cover. So you've got something that looks like a partially unrolled scroll above and below the pages.
Or they actually go and print the whole thing on a scroll and put a faux leather sheath around it.
Or it's one of those symbolic reward mystic ninja scrolls where it turns out that the scroll is blank and the mystic ninja secret is honor or practice or the power of friendshipkickstarter pledges.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

Shrapnel wrote:Sex. Toys. Toys of sex.
Is your avagar a depiction? :aroused:
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Rasumichin wrote:Maybe there's a faux scroll attached to the back cover. So you've got something that looks like a partially unrolled scroll above and below the pages.
Or they actually go and print the whole thing on a scroll and put a faux leather sheath around it.
Or it's one of those symbolic reward mystic ninja scrolls where it turns out that the scroll is blank and the mystic ninja secret is honor or practice or the power of friendshipkickstarter pledges.
Hmm... the last would be a pretty accurate description of hipster indie games like Apocalypse World...

Atmo
Master

Post by Atmo »

A new mouse.
☆ *World games are shit ☆ M&M is shit ☆ Fate fans gave me cancer ☆
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I don't know about Santa, but Satan bright me a couple books, The Devil's Cup, and It The Devil's Garden, the first about coffee and the second about forbidden foods, both across time and the world.

Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

Post by Sakuya Izayoi »

A tablet. In theory, it should let me have an easier time reading RPG PDFs, but in practice, I've used it mostly for manga.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

Steam Sales, Shoes, cups, and Shadow of the Demon Lord physical books for me.

For Steam Sales I got: Hotline Miami 2, Hand of Fate, and Crypt of the Necrodancer
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Ary, Hotline Miami 2 rocks. I looooove it. Look out for the fatty Kung-fu dude (Jake, I think): after you finish the game for the first time, he unlocks a new mask that gives him nunchucks and Bruce Lee combos.
Sakuya Izayoi wrote:A tablet. In theory, it should let me have an easier time reading RPG PDFs, but in practice, I've used it mostly for manga.
what are you reading ? Any recommendations ?
Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

Post by Sakuya Izayoi »

silva wrote:what are you reading ? Any recommendations ?
Nothing obscure. Berserk, JoJo's, Onepunch Man, all stuff already popular enough to be animated. All worthy of their fame, though. I'll probably stärt trawling through http://myanimelist.net/recommendations. ... cs&t=manga when I run out of popular stuff.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So apparently I'm going to Comic-Con Sacramento in 2016.

My parents gave me a pair of passes. It's cool that they were thinking about including the person I'm seeing right now, but I've learned about making any kind of relationship plans further out than about a week, a month tops, so I'm not worrying about that yet. The con will be cool either way.

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Nothing, I'm a grown-ass man and if I want something I'll buy it myself. Although I did buy a pair of comfy slippers last week.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Santa brought books, including a history of druids I've been wanting, a Cthulhu ornament and a Cthulhu for President t-shirt, and a 16-second video clip of my brother singing along to a Frozen musical greeting card.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I never really ask for much. Partly because I don't really know what I want, and partly because on some level I think I'm supposed to be too old to get presents and stuff. It's part of the difficulty of being born middle-aged, and part just still feeling awkward that I play video games and collect miniatures despite being over thirty. I know, we're Gen-Y, that's just what we're like. But it's still awkward so in some ways I think I'm supposed to be all grown up and stuff.

So I have a new Pokemon pyjama top (Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu), some nice new shoes for jogging in Summer, new quilt covers that have yet to be covered in dog hair, and a variety of delicious chocolate. Also some tupperware containers for my paints

And depending what the AU prices end up looking like, I might buy myself some plastic army men when GW do the "Army Starter" discounted boxed sets in January (~60 Euro or 85 USD, which means 25-48% off the cost of buying individual things, but it's not as simple as running the conversion and saying it's $116 here, it'll probably be $150-ish).

Oh and Maxus bought me the Sword of Asumi which is a pretty cool game, on Steam.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Pai and Mãe Natal brought me books, more books, a cup with the periodic table, a soldier ornament, and some 1200 pages worth of Mortadelo e Filemon comic albums.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Coming close to tying with my parents for best present, my datemate got me this hat-
Last edited by Prak on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

zugschef
Knight-Baron

Post by zugschef »

I got a vintage 80ies denim vest with a huge mötley crüe patch (among others) on the back. :)))
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Nothing, I'm a grown-ass man and if I want something I'll buy it myself. Although I did buy a pair of comfy slippers last week.
This is the saddest, most pathetic and cynical thing I've ever read. The comfy slippers offer no comfort.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee