Is there a way to adjust the size of posts viewed per page?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Heaven's Thunder Hammer
Master

Is there a way to adjust the size of posts viewed per page?

Post by Heaven's Thunder Hammer »

As the title, say I want to view 100 posts per page of a thread, can I do that? I've looked over my profile, and I don't think I can, unless I'm missing something.

If I'm not missing anything, can this feature please be added? I hate having to click every 10 or 15 posts or whatever it is to a new page.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Howdy, HTH.

You're not missing something. Our install of PHPBB doesn't seem to allow that option at the user level - though I'm still digging through a few of the admin screens to check if there is a setting for it or not. If it doesn't exist, I am quite certain there are mods out there to do this. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's been so long since I installed a mod, I'll need to take a bit of time once I find it to re-learn.

This is a really busy week or so for me. I have some crazy deadlines at work, my soccer-coaching season wraps up with two tournaments this weekend (and so has a ton of practices and paperwork), and basketball-coaching season starts tonight. That said, I'll see what I can find and then get our benevolent overlord some options to see what he's comfortable with installing.

And for everybody's reference, our current settings on this sort of stuff:

Threads per Page: 50

That is the number of thread titles you see in a forum for each page. I think that number excludes stickies and announcements, but I'm not 100% sure my memory is correct.

Posts per Page: 25

This is the one you're asking about. If I can't find a mod to give users control over the default, we can have a discussion about whether we need to tweak this at the site level.

Posts for Popular Threshold: 25

PHPBB has a "popular" or "hot" feature on threads. We change the image seen in the thread list when a thread is considered popular. The "bell" inside the circle "rings" for a popular topic, and just sits there, all lonely and dejected, for regular topics.

Hot Topic, no new posts: Image

Hot Topic, new posts: Image

Normal Topic, no new posts: Image

Normal Topic, new posts: Image

So... we can talk as a group about changing that setting as well, independent of the others. Me, personally, I don't ever really care on any forum whether or not something is considered a "hot" or "popular" topic. But we can certain talk about changing the threshold if a majority wants it higher.

So... let me get through my busy week; I'll squeeze in some research here and there, and then really dive in next week to get a handle on the options.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Thank you, Zherog.

Game On,
fbmf
Krusk
Knight-Baron

Post by Krusk »

Threads per page = more is better
Post per page = more is better
Hot threads = dont care at all