The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
[IC]Secrets of the Fire Swamp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(The nauseated condition should last two rounds, and the only possible action it's possible to take is one move action per turn while nauseated. Anyway, assuming she had some way of shortening or getting around it or an immunity to nausea or something like that)

Orr winces. "Fuck you!"

Assuming she's on the 'ground', Orr will channel Earth on her to entangle her (moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity) with sticky mud (no save) for two rounds and then power channel air at her (d20 +6(Ranged Attack bonus) -4 (to not hit Drowning Squid) ranged touch attack, 2d6+10 Slashing damage if hit).


Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5918
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes attempts to break loose again and pounce the creature (same routine as listed a few posts ago).
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 10970

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The mud of the path churns around her, and the witch gnashes her shark-like teeth in agitation; Orr's channel air misses and she doesn't even both looking, as the charging iron minotaur has her immediate attention. Muttering dark words, the Morkoth hag suddenly seems to...shift, leaving strange visual echoes of her every movement, making it difficult to track exactly where she is. Archimedes succeeds in breaking through the grasping, probing tentacles once again and reaches for her - but his charge misses her by a hand's breadth, and he crashes past her into - and through - a water wall.

He suddenly finds himself in deep, dark water, his iron hooves kicking up silt. In the darkness, pairs of glowing eyes begin to shine...

Orr is caught off-guard by a strange burst of eldritch energy [-2 hp] that leaves him shaken [1 round]; looking around at the source, he sees a trio of much smaller Morkoth emerging from a "wall" fifty feet south of the Morkoth hag. The leader has a hand raised, the four-fingered claw smoking gently. He remembers then that witches organize in covens...

Speaking of Malagos, he finally shakes off the effects of the reflected spell.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5918
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes glares at the eyes, but doesn't say anything as he tries to get back up and out of the water wall.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1426

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos shakes his head. "So, uh, they reflect magic, can hypnotize people, and are fairly powerful warlocks. As we've seen, they tend to gather in covens, and..."

the necromancer snarls something under his breath and tries to nail the new trio with a glitterdust spell.
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Great, and now there's more of her. Luckily, these don't have a hostage."

Orr will channel water on any of the trio (Sickened, no save) and then power channel fire on them (5 ft area, 6d6 Fire damage, DC 17 Reflex halfs).


Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 10970

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the lesser Morkoth witches raises a hand and makes the Sign of Koth; Malagos' glitterdust sputters and fades before it reaches them. The other two lift their hands and pale purple light erupts from their fingertips; where it lands on him, he burns [Malagos takes 6 hp damage].

Then the trio of lesser witches seem to collapse, grabbing their stomachs...and explode in a burst of flame. Orr looks momentarily triumphant, and then the light fades and grows dark until he can see nothing. Although he can hear the laughter of the Morkoth hag.

Archimedes turns, slowed down by the weight of the water, and stirring up dust. The entrance back to the tunnel is dead ahead, a rough rectangular "opening" shimmering in the dark water, limned by the light from the other side. He strides towards it...and feels grasping claws about him. Looking down, he sees skeletons crawling out of the muck, grasping either leg, and more pile on his back and arms, looping around his neck... None of them seem to be actually attacking, just...grabbing on. Although the weight does not help his speed, Archimedes pushes on undeterred, his great strength carrying him forward despite the drag. In a few moments he should be past the portal...and then he stops short. He is only a few feet from the other side, he can see the Morkoths and his friends doing battle, but something is holding him back. He presses hard and feels it give a little...like a great weight...
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5918
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes continues to attempt his push forward, turning his head back to see if he can catch a glimpse of whatever force still holds him.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 10970

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking backwards, Archimedes sees a chain of bone stretching back into the darkness...it seems to end at the shadow of a ship, which is being dragged forward through the silt of the ocean bottom as the half-minotaur advances.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1426

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos sics his skeleton on the new witches while yelling vaguely plausible spellcasting syllables to get them to waste effort countering nonexistent spells.
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5918
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes attempts to grab and break the chain of bones.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Can't see anything. Where is she?"

Orr will (double because half speed from blindness) move next to the witch (based on input from Malogos and/or Archimedes) and Earth Shape (13 cubic feet) the ground beneath her to bury her underground, hoping to stall for long enough for Archimedes to come back.


Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 10970

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CapnTthePirateG wrote:
Malagos sics his skeleton on the new witches while yelling vaguely plausible spellcasting syllables to get them to waste effort countering nonexistent spells.

The witches seem unsure about Malagos' act and make various warding gestures; in front of his own skeleton, there is a puff of blackness like the exhalation of a deep sea vent, and a barnacle-covered skeleton arises, blocking the path of your own. The two skeletons stand facing one another.

Quote:
Archimedes attempts to grab and break the chain of bones.

The half-minotaur turns and grabs the chain - which he realizes is going slack in his hands...the ship is now moving towards him, either from momentum or under its own power.

Quote:
Orr will (double because half speed from blindness) move next to the witch (based on input from Malogos and/or Archimedes) and Earth Shape (13 cubic feet) the ground beneath her to bury her underground, hoping to stall for long enough for Archimedes to come back.

With no input from Archimedes or Malagos, Orr slightly miscalculates, and ends up crashing into the witch (which interrupts her action). Half-fey and Morkoth hag fall in a shower of limbs and tentacles; Orr hears Drowning-Squid mutter an oath - it seems she is conscious again.

Malagos notes that the black tentacles from earlier have withdrawn; the way to the Morkoth Hag is clear.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5918
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You alright? Archimedes asks the others telepathically. Pull back, I'm about to use the hammer.

Archimedes drops the chain and continues his rush forward, eager to rejoin the battle and (hopefully) avoid the ship. Assuming he gets the chance he'll attempt the same attack routine from before, although if the others can clear out before he attacks he'll use the keymace as his primary attack this time (all attacks at +10, as the keymace probably isn't part of his Combat School, and he gives up a claw attack because he's holding the weapon in that hand).
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1426

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tentacles are gone, way to the witch is clear. I can't do shit to her right now, up to you guys.

Malagos attempts to grease the enemy skeleton and as many witches as he can, then order his skeleton to attack.
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 10970

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Several things happen in rather short order.

Archimedes, still draped in a bone chain, bursts through the water wall in a shower of rain - you're not entirely sure what's happening, but you see the wall he emerged from rippling madly, and heavy rain is pouring down everywhere. The Morkoth Hag has risen from where she fell; Orr feels himself being grabbed by hands and pulled out of the way, Drowning-Squid telling him to stay limp.

Archimedes swings the key-mace at the Morkoth Hag (swing and a miss) - and at the apex of its arc a little brightly burning seed shoots out from the tip, and hits the opposite water wall.

There is an underwater explosion. A column of scalding water and steam erupts from the wall opposite, catching the Morkoth hag by surprise and flash-boiling her so that her tentacles turn red and curl up; she barely has time to scream.

Malagos' grease causes the enemy skeleton to slip. The witches look at each other as Boney steps around his enemy, and turn tail and flee.

Then a ship made of teeth bursts through the wall of water that Archimedes just came through, hitting him in the tuckus. Several skeletons clamber over the vessel, pushing and pulling.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1426

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos will wait till the witches are gone, then sic Boney on the Hag. Reflect this, bitch!
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr complies, not moving at all.

To allies, "Do we have more company? I could blast them if you tell me where they are." (He can do this without moving as long as they're within 30 ft (two firebursts 3d6 fire damage, 5 ft radius, DC 15, reflex halves) or 35 ft (one powered fireburst 6d6 fire damage, 5 ft radius, DC 17, reflex halves) )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1426

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Witches are fleeing. We have a ship of skeletons inbound - he sends the image of the location- there
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 10970

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that the hag is dead, Morkoth's vision quickly returns. Drowning-Squid is muttering under her breath, the half-fey in a fireman's carry over her shoulders.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5918
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stand back, Archimedes says telepathically. He steps back slightly (5' step) from the boat and attempts to use the key-mace again, this time on the boat.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 10970

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the path from immediately beneath the tip of the key-mace, in a straight line towards the ship about a foot wide, purple-green seaweed sprouts up in great streamers. When the line reaches the ship, the streamers spread out and begin to cover the entire vessel.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr stares at it for a bit. "Don't know what to make of that. Any idea what's going on Malogos?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1426

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

radthemad4 wrote:
Orr stares at it for a bit. "Don't know what to make of that. Any idea what's going on Malogos?"


"Umm..." the necromancer racks his brain and passes on his knowledge telepathically.
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 10970

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos recalls an illustration form an ancient text.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Drowning-Squid picks up speed.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 50 of 53

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group