The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
[IC]Secrets of the Fire Swamp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The water "wall" reacts like the surface of a still pond, dimpling inward away from the path.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6011
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes looks and sniffs around, before attempting to cast detect magic, focusing on the pearl.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr will focus for a brief moment (recover water token) and then push back the water next to the pearl, trying to clear the water around it.

Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darth Rabbitt wrote:
Archimedes looks and sniffs around, before attempting to cast detect magic, focusing on the pearl.

Archimedes is briefly distracted as her scent still clings to him, but manages to shake this off. Detect magic does not seem to work beyond the surface of the "wall."

Quote:
Orr will focus for a brief moment (recover water token) and then push back the water next to the pearl, trying to clear the water around it.

Orr's power pushes back the water; as it retreats and exposes its shell, the great clam closes.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr will maintain concentration on keeping the water back, and attempt to nauseate the clam (DC 17, Fort Negates, Sickens no save). If nothing unusual happens, he'll try again a few times (once every other turn).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr has no idea what a nauseated clam looks like, but it isn't opening.

From around the bend, there is a scream.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr will cease concentration on keeping the water back, and try to get a glimpse of what's going on around the bend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The "wall" plops back into place; through the shimmering water that marks the bend in the path, Orr gets a flash of tentacles...big tentacles...
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To Archimedes and Malogos, "Tentacles around the corner here. Big ones."

To Drowning Squid, if within 100 ft, "What's going on?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drowning-Squid appears to be out of range.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1430

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos opens his witchsight (See the Unseen) and scans the area for invisible items or creatures.
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6011
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes will head forward, attempting to locate Drowning-Squid's scent.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes surges forward, and smells Drowning-Squid in what might be distress...a peculiar mix of musk, brine, and ink. Another scream comes, this from just around the corner, perhaps fifty feet ahead. The half-minotaur can already see some of the tentacles, mauve with blue spots, some as thick as his thigh, with big suckers.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1430

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Guys...there's a lot of wacky stuff down here, be careful."
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr flies behind Archimedes, staying around 10 feet behind him. He'll also keep an eye out in the ethereal plane.

"Any idea what these tentacle things are Malogos?" (Knowledge check?)

He tries reaching Drowning Squid again. "What happened? What are these things?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drowning-Squid doesn't answer. You race around the bend and suddenly know exactly what has your guide in its clutches:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Drowning-Squid hangs limply in one tentacle, apparently unconscious.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6011
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes power attack pounces (spending a swift action to activate his Fighting Style) the creature holding Drowning-Squid, assuming that it's within charge range (30 ft for Archimedes):
(not factoring in attack or damage bonuses from his iron body or the keymace, because the specifics on those are unknown, but factoring in the penalty from the negative level.)
(Edit: holding off on the keymace to avoid collateral damage.) So it's slam +12 melee (2d6+18), gore +10 (1d8+13), 2 claws +10 (1d6+13 each), bite +10 (1d6+13), tail +10 (1d6+13) First hit forces a DC 19 Fortitude save vs. stunning (assuming creature's not immune).

If not within range, he risks losing the element of surprise and moves into position first.
double edit: fixed some math errors.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1430

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos opens his mouth to try to intimidate the creature, but is dissuaded after Archimedes gpes charging in.

He tries to remember anything he knows about the critter as he starts to cast a color spray.
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CapnTthePirateG wrote:

He tries to remember anything he knows about the critter.

Malagos recognizes it as one of the Witches of the Sea - a Morkoth Hag. They are morkoth that have made a pact with some dark force, and become powerful warlocks; the combination of their eldritch powers and innate spell reflection and hypnosis abilities make them dangerous foes... made all the more so because they often organize in covens.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Assuming Malogos mentions the spell reflection and hypnosis abilities, Orr will stick close to Archimedes as he pounces and try to get within 5 ft of the creature (so that a reflected fire burst would still hit the creature without hitting Drowning Squid if possible, and both Orr and Archimedes are immune to fire), power channel water at it (sickens no save for the duration of the combat, nauseates for 2 rounds on a failed fort save, DC 17) and power channel fire at it (6d6 Fire damage, Reflex halves, DC 17). If it doesn't seem to be possible to fireburst it without also hitting Drowning Squid, Orr will instead channel water at it (sickens no save) and then power channel water at it (as above).

Orr will try to do the above 'before' Archimedes so that it's more likely to also get stunned by Archimedes.


Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Morkoth Hag makes a gesture and shouts an incantation in an arcane tongue.

Alvoki malbonkondutaj nigraj tentakloj!

Tentacles burst from the ground and watery walls of the path, black and sinuous as smoke. Several of them grasp at the charging Archimedes and pouncing Orr, and though they burst through several with brute strength or evade them with acrobatics, more and more grab at them until both are effectively grappled.

Malagos' color spray bursts towards the target - and then is reflected back, as though by an unseen barrier around her! He becomes awash in the terrible rainbow, and is stunned for 2 rounds.

The witch laughs...and then looks vaguely ill. Bending over she vomits copiously. You see a good deal of dead fish and...somebody's half-digested arm...emerge from her gullet. She no longer looks happy.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr smirks a little at the sight before remembering his current predicament.

(Expend fire token to boost blinking fly speed to 40)

Orr will blink through the tentacles and use a run action (as there'd still be a half movement speed penalty from moving through black tentacles, I think) to move outside their reach.

He glances at his teammates. "Well that's just great..." He looks back at the witch. He almost firebursts her before remembering that he'd probably hit Drowning Squid too and then swears inaudibly as he instead hits himself with it (Gain water token).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6011
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes will attempt to break free from the grapple, roaring as he does so.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11144

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes, feeling tentacles going where no tentacle has gone before, successfully bursts free from the tentacles and moves forward...about ten feet, before they grapple him again. The sea-witch is so close that he can smell her. One more charge should do it...

The Morkoth makes a series of arcane gestures at Orr.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Tiny invisible fish seem to swim through the air from her fingertips, and rip through Orr's flesh [-5 hp].

Malagos is still stunned for 1 more round, and mumbles something about the pretty colors.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 49 of 53

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group