[IC]Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The skeleton dutifully trudges down the slanted earth and stands dumbly next to the blood-stained box.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Archimedes flies 30 feet up in the air, keeping his keen eyes on the box. He readies an action to use his breath weapon on any hostile creature that may emerge from the box and attacks the skeleton or the party (if it doesn't attack, or no creature emerges, then Archimedes will not use his breath weapon. He will also refrain from using it if any party members would be caught in the blast, although he does not extend this mercy to the presumably cold-immune skeleton.)

"Guys," he announces telepathically, "Stand back. If anything hostile jumps out of there I'm going to breathe frost on it. If you oppose this plan, speak now or forever hold your peace."
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Vian gritted his teeth and shook his head, rising to his feet as he prepared himself for battle once more even after the brutal beating he just received.
Ready action to cast a Vigor for maximum Wild Surge for a total of 25 temporary hp if anything remotely threatening happens.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Alim backed away from the box, shaking his head, which almost dislodged the hummingbird perched there. He retreated to a safe distance - about thirty feet away.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Telepathically, "I could try Stone Shaping it open. But, I'd rather do it with a measure of safety. Let's take this somewhere where I have more stone to work with. I'd like to create a hollow stone container to surround this with, and open it inside that, with a stone wall between me and it."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

"Ah crap. I want nothing to do with that thing..." Vian said through gritted teeth as he hobbles over to the boats. For now he decides to guard the vessels until the group decide what to do with the find.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Malagos nods to the Stone Shape proposal and orders Gort to pick up the box.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The skeleton cannot grunt, but the necromantic force holding its bones together vibrates with strain as it lifts the heavy stone box.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Just before the skeleton lifts it, Orr will launch a narrow blast of air into the sky (to obtain an earth token), land 10 feet away from the coffin and then try to alter a corner of the box while it's still in contact with the ground (Earth Shape works as Stone Shape, but also works on mud and dirt), extremely slightly inwards, just to see if he can.

Telepathically, "Alright then. Where to now?"
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Orr's earth shape works on the corner of the box, causing it to dimple.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

While you are staring at the box, there is a small commotion happening on the other side of the river.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr will fly upwards to get a better view.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Orr can make out several figures - they look to be humanoid, though it is hard to tell, as they appear to be wearing large bushy costumes of scraggly, curling weeds or grass, and some sort of white bone skulls in place of heads. There are four of them, and they are dragging a smaller, thin, green-skinned humanoid down into the river's edge.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Telepathically to Archimedes, "Seeing something odd here. I think you should take a look. I'm going to ask the green skinned one what's going on. You ask the others and we'll share the details with the group."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The river is 400 feet wide. However, Orr does get a sense of something...closer. From his vantage he sees a shadow in the muddy brown waters of the river. Something large moving just beneath the surface, headed for the opposite bank.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

(Note for future brevity: things put in italics are being said telepathically.)
"Got it," Archimedes responds to Orr. He flies over the river to keep an eye on the group of creatures.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

To the group, "Bunch of shady characters across the river, presumably sacrificing someone to large river creature."
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

"Oi might as well put 'em in their place. Maybe we can go and ransack some hoods sating eldritch gods from beyond." tilts his head around. Tryin' to go and see 'em with his bow up and his stance firm.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Steam rises from the surface of the river as the hulking behemoth surfaces. The monster is about thirty feet long, looking something like a massive turtle with its mottle brown-and-black shell, and relatively stubby legs. A palpable heat comes from the Huge beast.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Vian was tending to one of the boats when suddenly he heard the loud noise of parting water coming from the other side of the river. He looked up only to stare at a massive creature that exited the waters.

"So they are going to make a sacrifice... Okay we have an option here!" Vian walks to the water's edge and begins shouting towards Orr. "Hey! Can you pick me up? We need to get to the other side quickly!"
Last edited by Dominicius on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Hearing Vian's call, Archimedes will fly by and offer to pick him up. "Not Orr but I'm more than able to carry you. What's the plan?" he asks him telepathically.

Archimedes then asks the group, "Same goes to all of you. We going to stop the sacrifice or let it happen? Don't know about you guys, but I don't particularly care what happens to the green fellow. Or the others for that matter. But I'm always open to cracking some heads, whether they be small and green or skeletal and mossy."
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Free action expend fire token to boost fly speed (average maneuverability) to 65)

"Sorry, not strong enough to lift you, but Archimedes definitely is.

How about cracking the head that's large and scaly?"

Orr will channel water through the creature, sickening it, unless it's somehow immune to sickening (restores fire token). He'll fly up outside the creature's reach and also head towards the group on the coast.

He'll address the green one. "Oy, what's going on?" and listen to the response before asking the others the same thing on their own telepathic channel.

(One standard action still remaining)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The vast-shelled creature halts in its progress, turning its disturbingly dragon-shaped head to regard the flying interlopers. In your minds, you hear a terrible rumble.

WHO DARES INTRUDE ON THE WEDDING OF SCALES?

Orr hears a tinier voice from the green figure on the river's edge.
Oh hey, yeah, um...hi? Am I doing this right?
Last edited by Ancient History on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

At the green figure, "Yes, I can hear you. Um, so you're in no danger and this is your wedding?"
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Uh...well, this is my wedding and I'm not in any immediate danger. At least, not until the consummation rite. The green figure replies.

ARE YOU CHALLENGING ME FOR MY MATE? Steam spills upwards from the dragon-turtle's maw.