The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
[IC]Secrets of the Fire Swamp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6222
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes will call out to the rest of the party telepathically:
"Status report: I've found our wounded ally. I've got him stable but he's still unconscious. Could anyone heal him?"
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Telepathically, "Phew. Great news. We may have need of him to deal with these. Also, the boats have gotten lose and are getting away."

Telepathically to his dog, "Still alive, I hope?"


Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:28 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 593

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alim hisses at the pain as the rat latches on, turning his gaze over his shoulder to stare at it. No; the tree had to burn. He ignored it as best as he was able, focusing his concentration upon the matter agitation power, focusing his gaze into the smoke as he continues attempting to ignite the tree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6222
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"I'll take care of the boats," Archimedes replies. He flies off to try to find the boats, and if he does he'll drag them back to shore (I'm assuming with his carrying capacity Archie's capable of at least dragging them along).
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos throws a color spray at the rat and only the rat.
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11403

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes wings over to the boats, and grabbing their lines (which he notes look like they have been untied, but not cut or torn apart) begins pulling them back against the current. It's a bit slow going, but he'll have them back to the shore in a minute or two, huffing and puffing.

Malagos' color spray catches the body of the tree-rat, barely missing the beguiler it's gnawing on. Instantly, the rodent shudders and flops over onto it's back, eyes wide but unstaring.

Almost simultaneously, Alim feels the power end. His concentration didn't slip - he's sure of that - but there was a moment of indescribable strain and then it collapsed. Typically, that only happens when the target has moved out of range.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6222
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes will telepathically tell any party member(s) within 100' (if there are any) of where he currently is:
"I've got the boats, and am bringing them back to shore. Once I get them back I'll join the fight."
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr will move in a circle, roughly in the same position, now facing North West.

He'll then channel water once more to grant himself another fire token and ready an action to use a powered fire burst (6d6 AOE Fire Damage, 5 foot radius, DC 17 Reflex halves), should he spot anything hostile (positioning it to avoid allies, himself excluded as he's immune to fire).

Telepathically to allies, "I'm going to start clearing some of the smoke if it doesn't go away. If there's anything in particular you want, or don't want cleared, let me know."


Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11403

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clara hurries over to Vian and casts cure light wounds (Vian heals 8 hp, bringing him up to 3 hp).
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dominicius
Knight


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 490

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vian gets to his feet slowly, gritting his teeth as he stumbles back up. Raising one hand he wipes the blood from his chin and takes a moment to asses the situation.

"Ugh... T-thanks. This is what I get for all the wood I burned over the years..." He said, slowly coming back to his senses. "If you are looking for those... things, then you are too late. I heard them shambling north."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 593

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A low growl spilled out of the beguiler, who turned towards the stunned rodent. With a toss of his head, he looses psionic energy upon the creature. A thick gout of goopy, pearlescent black liquid forms in a torrent over the creature, and Alim turns and kicks dirt upon the poison-coated body.

The creature is more than thirty feet away in the smog, he thinks, the only explanation for his power failing.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AcidBlades
Journeyman


Joined: 11 May 2015
Posts: 142

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragaan simply scuttles on over towards what would probably be the edge of the smoke over westward. "I shall try and see what awaits for us. Hopefully I won't get ambushed." he said telepathically with his steps cautious.

Last edited by AcidBlades on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr will fly towards and then unleash a gust of wind (60 ft line, counts as Severe Wind) on the area where the stone box was from above.

(One standard action left, assuming this is a new turn)


Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11403

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orr's wind quickly clears the area around the box, which sits blood-stained but otherwise undisturbed from before. The soil around it is loose, and there is no sign of the great tree whose roots once curled around the box.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Telepathically, "Huh, been wondering about the stone box we saw earlier. Any ideas for finding out more about what's in it safely, or do we just open it and hope for the best?"

Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos recalls his skeleton to his side. My associate here could open it.
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6222
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archimedes lets out a snort of relief, and ties the boats to whatever tree looks the least likely to attack him (sniffing carefully to make sure that nothing smells odd about it either).

"So we've taken care of the trees, then?" he asks telepathically. "At the very least they're gone, it seems. As for the box, I suggest that the skeleton opens it."
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Okay, let the bony one one open the box."

Orr will stay up in the air and ready an action to power channel water (DC 17 Nauseate, fort negates and Sickens, no save), if something comes out of the box and does anything that seems hostile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AcidBlades
Journeyman


Joined: 11 May 2015
Posts: 142

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"I am also in favor of the skeleton opening it, and that I suggest that we all pace ourselves at least a few meters away from it. Just in case it's effects take hold over one of us swiftly." Dragaan motions away, looking at the box with a look of light disdain. Lowering his crossbow, over to his hip. While the fire familiar blinks out of existence, as it typically does.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11403

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The stone box has no obvious hinge or lid, but seems to be composed of many pieces tightly-fitted together, like an Elvish puzzlebox. It is carved with images of rats and the skulls of various different creatures - none of them human, or even obviously humanoid, except for what might be a lizardfolk - and is marked by runes and glyphs in several unknown languages.
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dominicius
Knight


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 490

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vian sits down by one of the boats, letting his companions examine the box. He himself already had enough excitement for the day.

"Anyone here have any more healing?" He asks, clutching onto his chest which still hurt like hell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 593

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alim will approach the box, and study it in silence, attempting to decipher the script despite not understanding the language.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 11403

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alim finds among the symbols some of those similar to those used in some of the Celestial smith-scripts...the same that often find their way into the Dwarf pictographic technical image glossaries for "Warranty Void if Opened" and "No User Serviceable Parts."
_________________
The Unpublishable - Updates Fridays between midnight and midnight | http://wikithulhu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 593

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Funny," Alim said, sniffing briefly at the box. "Looks like someone's prank. It basically says open at your own risk." Shaking his head, the beguiler settles down on his haunches, reaching back to rub at the wound suffered at his flank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapnTthePirateG
Duke


Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malagos orders Gort next to the box. "Everyone get away, I'm about to open it."
_________________
OgreBattle wrote:
"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 3 of 53

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group