[3.x]Call to Adventure: Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Thrull takes the soonest moment after they're on dry ground to heal Malagos a little more (3 hp), so he's now awake and able to take part in the closing act.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Archimedes is still carrying the flask, right?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Yup.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Good game.

I was going to have Archimedes request to remove the negative level, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Thanks for the game!
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I had a lot of fun. Thanks AH! I'm kinda curious about some of the behind the scenes details and also had some questions. How does Archimedes' hammer work anyway (intelligent item?)? What was the Naglfar doing there? What is Thrull and what did he do? What's up with the ethereal cloud people? Who poisoned the healing spring and how?

I've got more, (and I'll probably think of more after I reread this later on) but I just did a 12 hour shift at work and am exhausted, so just those for now.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

How does Archimedes' hammer work anyway (intelligent item?)
Intelligent rod of wonder with an empathic link; every time Archimedes mentioned it it activated.
What was the Naglfar doing there?
It was on loan to a necromancer.
What is Thrull and what did he do?
Ancient evil. Version of the Worm that Walks, only made of rats. The various rats that kept showing up was him regenerating. Was imprisoned for trying to steal an artifact hidden deeper in the swamps.
What's up with the ethereal cloud people?
Guardians dedicated to keeping the tainted inhabitants of the Zone from leaving.
Who poisoned the healing spring and how?
It wasn't poisoned, the water in the swamp is just infected with various terrible diseases.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

At this point I think it's fairly safe to assume that Archimedes' iron body was, in fact, a permanent iron body spell.
Off the top of my head:
What was up with the gauntlet that Archimedes picked up in the basilisk tunnels?
And what would the Eldest Bro's 'enhancements' to Malagos (that the latter turned down) have done?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

At this point I think it's fairly safe to assume that Archimedes' iron body was, in fact, a permanent iron body spell.
Flux slime in the eggs, rolled a 50.
What was up with the gauntlet that Archimedes picked up in the basilisk tunnels?
Glove of storing.
And what would the Eldest Bro's 'enhancements' to Malagos (that the latter turned down) have done?
Plant grafts.