[3.x]Call to Adventure: Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr can see in Magical Darkness, but assuming it's some effect that causes blindness he can't really do anything as everything but fireburst (an area effect and would thus hit Drowning Squid too) requires a target (could aim a channeled air at the hag with a 50% miss chance, but I don't know if it's worth doing). He might be able to fireburst Archimedes to maybe get the bone hand off of him if you guys give him a direction and relative altitude, but other than that I don't think Orr can do anything else here, other than maybe burying himself underground. If Archimedes and Malogos don't suggest anything, Orr will just bury himself, leaving a tiny air hole.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

CapnTthePirateG wrote:Did Malagos' sksleton get blowed up again?
No, Boney is chilling with the pack lizards.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

The peril of all online pick-up groups: teamwork
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Sorry for the slow response, between work, class, Easter weekend and clearing out for a possible move I've been really busy the past week.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Is Malagos doing anything?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Players?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I was waiting for a response from Capn.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

We could just assume Malogos cooperates and lets Archimedes carry him across the arch for now.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

That sounds good to me.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Fair enow.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Honestly, if Malagos gets eaten by something to make the game go faster I'm cool with it. A little lost at this point to be honest, and I've been busy.
Last edited by CapnTthePirateG on Wed May 17, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Ancient History
Serious Badass

This is the big final battle before the end of the adventure. Your final boss is giant slugs snails.
Last edited by Ancient History on Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Somehow, that seems strangely fitting...
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Aw... it's only been... holy shit we've been playing since October 2015! Well, on the bright side I'm looking forward to the autopsy and to marking this as my fourth (non oneshot) game that actually ended.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Well I'll stick around till the end then.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Is the mucus currently having any effect or just gross scenery?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You suspect it would be very slippery if you tried to move, probably requiring a Reflex save to avoid being knocked prone.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

It struck me that I forgot to add the extra +2 damage from Combat School into Archimedes' natural attacks last round (1/2 current Str mod [12/2=6]+4 Races of War Power Attack +2 charging +2 Combat School). I'm not sure if that would leave the dying snail dead... although that probably won't influence Archimedes' next action too heavily.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:Archimedes leaves the dying snail to Malagos, activates his Fighting Style, and full attacks the snail that has just approached him. He avoids using the key this time lest it hurt the necromancer again
The key hurt Malogos somehow?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

radthemad4 wrote:
Darth Rabbitt wrote:Archimedes leaves the dying snail to Malagos, activates his Fighting Style, and full attacks the snail that has just approached him. He avoids using the key this time lest it hurt the necromancer again
The key hurt Malogos somehow?
I misremembered the fight with the basilisk in the tunnel, in which Malagos was knocked unconscious. I looked at it again, and what KOed Malagos was Archimedes trying to pull him from the jaws of the basilisk:
Ancient History wrote:
Darth Rabbitt wrote:Archimedes will sniff his way towards the basilisk and attempt to pull Malagos free from its jaws.
As Malagos begins to thrash about from inside, the iron half-minotaur grabs his legs and pulls - which is, unfortunately, not a good thing to do when the basilisk's teeth are still clamped into his chest. Flesh shreds and Malagos' joints pop as the brute strength of Archimedes successfully pries him from the basilisk's jaw - the dagger-like teeth making furrows through his chest and back. (Malagos is now at 0 hp and unconscious. Also, if anyone had eyes open to see it, the basilisk spit has completely removed all hair on his head.)

Archimedes feels a burst of heat behind him as Orr firebursts himself.

The half-minotaur also hears a hiss and feels a sudden weight and claws on him, as well as a slight shower of earth raining down from the ceiling - while he cannot see what is going on, Archimedes knows that the basilisk is crawling on top of him, trying to use its weight and leverage to knock him down. (Archimedes may choose to make an Attack of Opportunity.)
The key collapsed the tunnel that they were fighting in, but didn't seem to bring Malagos into the negatives:
Ancient History wrote:Archimedes feels the key-hammer connect with something - and then there is a roar and the sense of hundreds of things fluttering against his iron form; then his legs slip out from beneath him and he falls prone, the full weight of the basilisk pressing him down into the earthy floor.

This is followed by a sudden blast of heat, and then...nothing. The weight on top of the half-minotaur is still there, but it feels very much like dead weight. The tunnel smells of burning things.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Sorry Capn.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr is immune to fire from his Product of Infernal Dalliance: Baatezu feat. Or is this some sort of super magical fire?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed May 24, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Oh hell, I forgot about that one. Okay, Orr's tentacles are unsinged.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Fhtagn. I misread. It's been a long week. And it's only Wednesday. Yes, Archimedes is moving at regular speed, let me go edit...