Fuck It

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Fuck It

Post by RelentlessImp »

Since the mouth-breathers over on Myth-Weavers are incapable of parsing simple sentences and turn immediately to strawmen, ad hominem, and straight up bullshit, I'm going to ask here. Is anybody planning on starting up an online D&D 3.5 game that I could get in on?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I honestly haven't anything planned, only some disjointed notes on a possible sequel to Crypts of Chaos.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

I'll take anything. I'm actually hankering for the experience everyone decries as horribly passé, the silly "meet in a tavern, go adventure, maybe wind up saving the world" thing. Mainly because I haven't actually ever gotten to do that as most of my D&D experience has been people who were elitist as fuck and "beyond that childhood crap".
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I'd love to run a play-by-post game if I could get people to show up, and I'd gladly do a 'random shenanigans that tumble assbackwards into world-fate-deciding' game. I just think 3.5 is way too granular for the format.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

I would love to try a campaign with the den people.

I might even run it if you guys trust me, just let me know what kind of level and what homebrew you would like.

And I guess figuring out how the roller works here.

Test: [roll=1d20]1d20[/roll]
Last edited by maglag on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Don't think there's a roller here; invisiblecastle or someone else's web-based roller would probably have to be used, or doing it in something like Roll20. Or just honor system it up.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'd be up for a game with the Den.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

*Raises hand*
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I might be up for a game. With the Den is pretty nice, but I didn't like the Crypt's of Chaos rules, so it depends on what ends up being played.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'd be curious.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

I'm interested. Is there any quick fix replacement of off-turn actions like OA's for D&D3.5 though? They don't mesh well with play by post or require everyone to have "if ___ then ___" at the end of eery post.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Can I throw my hat in?
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Don't have a lot of free time for the next couple days, but I might able to run something in a couple months, or play a character in a game where I only needed to post once or twice a day.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Right so... people offering to run are maglag (and angel but not 3.5), and someday AH and Av .

Game type, setting info and/or chargen rules?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Here's my offer

Game Type: 3.5, using the Tomes written by Frank&K plus Kaelik's errata.

Adventure: Red Hand of Doom. It's a classic you probably all heard about and I would love to try running at least once. Starts with the players meeting in a tavern at the small town of Drellyn's Ferry located in the Witchwood, when news come that a warband of hobgoblins is preparing to attack. However they'll soon find out that the raid is only the tip of the spear of a much bigger threat. Is supposed to run from levels 5 to 10. Can be easily adapted to either Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms or Eberron, whatever you prefer, I'm equally fine with either. The adventure has its own detailed locations and NPCs.

Chargen rules:
-Starting level 5.

-32 PB.

-PCs get maximized HP. Makes the higher HD count more.

-Red Rob rules for magic items and armor instead of the item rules in Kaelik's errata.

-Starting gear of four lesser magic items +3 combined levels worth of potions (three 1st level potions or one 3rd level or one 2nd and one 1st)
+500 GP of mundane stuff. Item crafting feats will allow you to convert treasure from one kind to the other, since shops will not always be available, but will not increase your total wealth.

-3.5 printed books are ok, although I'll ask to stay away from Incantrix/Cheater of Mystra/Divine Metamagic/Planar Sheperd/similar.

-Basic homebrew of the tomes written by Frank and K, the versions in this site, plus Kaelik's errata linked at start.

-You can request any other homebrew you would like to use, I'll check it out and allow in a case-by-case basis.
Last edited by maglag on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I can't recall all of the differences between his and mine, but you might want to use Red Rob's items, as I think it is a more complete system than mine, giving abilities and stuff.

I would like to play a Kaelik Wizard going into Arcane Strategist preferably without the leadership requirement (I mean, I really don't want to have leadership, so like, declare that the party are my "followers" even if they don't obey me (or since we are Red Hand of Dooming, we can aribtrarily declare that the army in the city that we will probably never actually be working with is "my army")). Haven't decided on whether I want a one level Mindbender dip yet, it would be very strong, but as a DM, I tend to hate the shit of Mindsight, so let me know if you want that to not happen. EDIT: I have decided probably not Mindbender, as nice as it is, just going to go straight into Arcane Strategist if you will allow it.

EDIT: I fucking hate when mythweavers converts their sheet system, and they delete the entire spellbook of my Wizards. Fuck.

EDIT: You should probably also specify starting magic items, starting non magic wealth, and HP.
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Two questions:
1. What alignment systems in Tome of Fiends/Tome of Necromancy are we using (if any?)
2. What's the situation with starting gear?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Tome of fiend alignment: A Worthy Opponent. An evil army is building up and preparing to destroy and conquer everything in their path, and I expect the party has a preference for the locals already there.

Tome of Necromancy alignment:
Playing with fire. Not all undead need to be exterminated on sight.

HP: PCs get maximized HP. Makes the higher HD count more.

Starting Gear:Let's say
-Four minor magic items.
-3 combined levels worth of potions (three 1st level potions or one 3rd level or one 2nd and one 1st)
-500 GP of mundane stuff.
-Item crafting feats will allow you to convert treasure from one kind to the other, since shops will not always be available, but will not increase your total wealth.

Using Red Rob's rules.
Kaelik wrote:I can't recall all of the differences between his and mine, but you might want to use Red Rob's items, as I think it is a more complete system than mine, giving abilities and stuff.
I seem unable to find Red Rob's item rules, mind providing me a link?
Kaelik wrote: I would like to play a Kaelik Wizard going into Arcane Strategist preferably without the leadership requirement (I mean, I really don't want to have leadership, so like, declare that the party are my "followers" even if they don't obey me (or since we are Red Hand of Dooming, we can aribtrarily declare that the army in the city that we will probably never actually be working with is "my army")). Haven't decided on whether I want a one level Mindbender dip yet, it would be very strong, but as a DM, I tend to hate the shit of Mindsight, so let me know if you want that to not happen. EDIT: I have decided probably not Mindbender, as nice as it is, just going to go straight into Arcane Strategist if you will allow it.
Arcane Strategist and Kaelik wizard are ok. You don't need to take leadership for the Prc. I'll just ask you don't apply any normal wizard ACFs like trading your familiar for other stuff. However I'll also rule that losing your familiar carries no penalties and you can replace them for a new one the next day for free if they get gibbed like an animal companion.
Last edited by maglag on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

maglag wrote:I seem unable to find Red Rob's item rules, mind providing me a link?
Complete Tome items and Wish Economy

Also, Simplified Tome Armor

Dibs on Elemental Siphon.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

maglag wrote:I'll just ask you don't apply any normal wizard ACFs like trading your familiar for other stuff. However I'll also rule that losing your familiar carries no penalties and you can replace them for a new one the next day for free if they get gibbed like an animal companion.
But my Abrupt Jaunt! D: :(

Fair enough on the familiar changes, but could I also implore you to allow spells shared with my familiar (or only durational spells, if that matters) to remain on the familiar even if he moves more than 5ft away? Seems pretty pointless to have a share spells feature that basically just gives you a bird outgrowth on your shoulder or no share spells.

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Hmmm, ok, I'll allow the familiar to retain spells even if they move more than 5 feet away

radthemad4 wrote: Dibs on Elemental Siphon.
Elemental Siphon seems good.

Also Red Rob item rules seem pretty nice so we'll be using them as you vouch for them, updated the other post to reflect that.
Last edited by maglag on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Kaelik wrote:Mindbender
You can get telepathy with Product of Infernal Dalliance if you've got feats to spare.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Seeing as we have a mage already, I'm interested in an elf berserker type of character, which will most likely involve Barbarian, but I need to see if there are prestige classes I want to aim for.

If you're cool with refluffing the Half-Dragon racial levels to be a totem spirit thing, the character I have in mind has the raven as his totem.
Last edited by Prak on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

How do you feel about flaws being used for 3.5 feats, or alternatively, Making a comprehensive Tome feat out of some stuff available in 3.5?

Specifically, I was going to go for Keen Intellect, which bases Will save on int, and most/all wisdom based skill checks. Not sure what I would throw in after that, maybe insightful refexes that does the same thing for dex, hence why I ask about flaws instead of just making a big one.

my decision about mindbender was based mostly on the feat cost of Mindsight, and how much I wanted the bonus to Fort saves, and how unfun I think Mindsight is. So I basically just decided fuck Mindsight. But definitely Dalliance is, as always, on my list of possible feats.

EDIT: Preliminary Sheet as is now.

Awaiting determination of feats, because I want Keen Intellect, maybe Insightful Reflexes, and Infernal Dalliance (Tanari). Obviously, absent a flaw or condense ruling, I will probably move Infernal into level 1 and see what happens level 6.
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

I'll allow up to two 3.5 flaws for two 3.5 feats.

Prak wrote:Seeing as we have a mage already, I'm interested in an elf berserker type of character, which will most likely involve Barbarian, but I need to see if there are prestige classes I want to aim for.

If you're cool with refluffing the Half-Dragon racial levels to be a totem spirit thing, the character I have in mind has the raven as his totem.
Refluffing is fine.