The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Red Hand of Doom IC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5814
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"I agree," Valzeller remarks telepathically. "Time is of the essence, so let's not bother wasting it on this ugly and probably stupid creature. We have goblins to kill."

With that, Valzeller will fly away as fast as he can from the creature.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
maglag
Knight-Baron


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 954

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hydra comes out of the water as you spur your mounts to go around it or fly overhead, revealing six hissing reptilian heads. But slowed down by your magics, it cannot keep up with your speed and you soon leave it behind.

After some more time of travel, looming out of the shadowy woods ahead is a haunting sight-a ruined keep. The old castle sits on a small rocky hillock, and you can even catch glimpses of a broken tower between the trees. A moss-covered stone at the side of the road you're following marks a footpath that looks like it leads up to the keep.

(Survival DC 10)
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


If you don't want to approach by the direct path, you can scramble up the forested hillside.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 11896

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We should tie up our horses down here inside a bunker against the cliff, and then fly up. I can also use the bunker to silence my casting of fly. Malakar transmits telepathically to Zeph.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Good idea."

Zeph will use Earth Shape and Wall of Stone to make an improvised bunker with a rotating false wall in the front and a few airholes. He'll then lead his horse inside.


Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 11896

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malakar will lead his horse into the bunker and begin casting fly, to be cast on Zeph, and then himself.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5814
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(2 on my Survival check. Not surprising given the lack of ranks and shit Wisdom.)

Valzeller will reactivate his wings (if they aren't still active) and follow along with Malakar and Zeph.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(I have a minimum roll of 16 on Survival check)

Telepathically because why not, "There are a lot of fresh footprints around here. Humanoids and large wolves."

Once Malakar finishes casting Fly on him, Zeph will fly up the hillside.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 11896

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And if I don't hear the sounds of Zeph getting murdered at the top of the cliff (or telepathically if he tells me something when he reaches it) I will continue casting fly on myself.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
maglag
Knight-Baron


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 954

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Between your travel time and building the bunker for your horses, dusk has arrived and night has just fallen.

It takes about two minutes for Zeph and Valzeller flying to get to the top. The old keep is in very poor repair. The gatehouse is partially collapsed, as is a section of Wall to the south. A small wooden building sits next to the remains of a long-abandoned garden in front of the structure. The walls surrounding the keep are about fifteen feet high, with a two-story tower looming in the southwest corner of the courtyard within. Large boulders lie strewn amind the ruins of the two watch towers, and a massive humanoid skeleton slumps amid the ruins of the northern one. This skeleton still wears tattered fragments of hide armor, and a large club lies next to one of its bony arms.

As you get closer, you notice a sickly greenish light flickers inside the second floor of the ruined tower, and the faint sound of eerie moaning can be heard from within.

Spot DC 10
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5814
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(8).
To Zeph, telepathically:
I don't see much, other than that giant skeleton and the light in the tower. But I'll bet anything that moaning isn't anything good. For that matter, the skeleton and the light probably aren't good news either. Do you have a plan? Should we relay back to Malakar?
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(We don't see any sentries? How dark is it? Would a silhouette of someone flying be noticeable without darkvision?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maglag
Knight-Baron


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 954

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(There's no sentries visible. It's dark enough that someone flying would not be seen unless inside darkvision range)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Telepathically, "Let's wait for Malakar to get here before we approach. I'm thinking either fly in, or underground. There's smoke coming from somewhere in the South, so let's not approach from there. We could scout ahead, but if we're spotted we'd be a man short, and I'm not risking that."

Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5814
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very well, Valzeller agrees telepathically.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
maglag
Knight-Baron


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 954

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(you can assume that nothing in particular happens while Malakar flies to join you)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 11896

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malakar flies to join them.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"So... green light room first?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 11896

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Works for me.

Just always telepathy.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Telepathically, "Here's my plan. Stay close, but out of sight of the window. I'll drop in through the roof. I'll contact you telepathically right before dropping, and again, the moment I'm in. You guys fly in then or a few seconds after I start dropping in case I'm unable to reach you for some reason."

(if no objections:)

Zeph will head to the roof of the building with the green light, avoiding line of sight of the green lit room's window and activate Greater Blink once on the roof (2 minute duration), rest for 18 seconds to recover an Ethereal token and then drop down to the green lit room, readying an action to Power Strong Channel Water* on the most threatening enemy he sees.

*Water attempts to erupt from a target within close rage, if they fail a fort save (DC 21), they are stunned for two rounds as it shoots forth. Pass or Fail, afterwords they are Fatigued as well (Stacks to Exhaustion if stacked). Plants are not immune to stunning for the purpose of this stun.


Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5814
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, Valzeller silently agrees.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 11896

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malakar will fly up the side of the building, standing near the window with his feet on the wall, attempting to tremorsense what is inside. When he hears from dear beloved Zeph telepathically, he will fly in and cast a spell. Decided based on what he detects with his tremorsense and what he sees (if something must be cast). Also I suppose based on what Zeph says.

OOC:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5814
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valzeller will wait to hear what Zeph has to say about the room before deciding a plan of action, although it'll probably involve smite-charging whatever looks like the most powerful opponent.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
maglag
Knight-Baron


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 954

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Zeph rises, he sees that the circular roof has partially collapsed to the southeast. Massive timber slumps against the floor, fallen from the rafters above. There's an huge gap in the tower's east wall, besides the four windows on the remaining walls. Three large boulders lie on the floor amid a halo of fractures and cracks. A reek of rotting flesh rises from the room. A glowing pale corpse at the center of the room gives off bloodcurling howls while rising its arms!

Then Zeph spots the hobgoblin hiding just behind one of the timber pieces, pulling the thin ropes lashed to the glowing corpse's limbs, like it was a puppet. It's also the hobgoblin making the howling sounds, seemingly pretty entertained with himself. If one was peeking from the window it may just look like an actual undead was haunting the place, but from above the crude illusion is easily seen through.

Zeph's water summon easily stuns him before the hobgoblin can notice he's being observed, and the corpse puppet stops moving along the yelling.

Malakar cannot sense any other creature in the room besides the stunned puppeteer hobgoblin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Telepathically, "Only one hobgoblin in here. Currently stunned. Come on in and let's finish him off before it wears off"

Zeph will fly above him and stronger channel air at him from directly above* (DC 19 Fort negates, 10d6 damage).

* A 60ft Cone of rushing Air pushes away from the Siphon. Those within the Cone are pushed backwards until they leave the Cone. If they hit a wall or other impediment, they are subject to 2d6 damage for every 10ft they did not travel. A Fort Save negates this effect. Airbourne creatures suffer a -5 penalty to the save. This affects objects.


Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 5814
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"You don't need to tell me twice!" Valzeller will smite-charge-power attack the stunned hobgoblin for 5 (+14 melee, 1d10+19 damage).
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group