The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Red Hand of Doom IC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
maglag
Duke


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 1104

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Red Hand of Doom IC Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elsir Vale and the surrounding wilderlands are a thinly populated human frontier. It stretches almost 250 miles east to west and averages 70 miles north to south. Several small mountain ranges and dense forests form the vale's borders.

Right now it is the middle of a hot, dry summer. It's hard not to be sweaty and dusty, in particular if you're wearing heavy armor or bulky clothing. Rainfall is infrequent, but when it comes down, it really comes down. Thunderstorms and tornados are fairly common.

History of the Vale (Knowledge check (Local or History) or Gather Information DC 10)
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


For whatever reason you're at the road tavern of the Golden Beer, located near the center-south of Elsir Vale. It's nothing special, just a place for travelers to stop in and get some warm food and bed, fresh ale, play some cards and dice games, perhaps try to score with one of the wenches. Right now is somewhat empty, just a few dirty farmers besides you.

However as you're enjoying your food or gambling or getting drunk or whatever you like to do at a tavern, there's the sound outside of a horse quickly approaching and suddenly stopping, then a man in a dusty cape suddenly barges inside the tavern breathing heavily, clearly fatigued.

"The goblins and hobgoblins of the land have banded together under a charismatic warlord and are on the move! Thus the great Lord Jarmaath of Brindol has issued summons for any and all available and capable hands to support our soldiers and militia in guarding our lands! Any interested and able people from this area are to head to Drellin's Ferry as soon as you can to join the defense preparations! There you will be offered an advance payment in gold for your help!"

The local farmers shyly turn their heads away from the messenger, focusing on their plates and cups. None seem that motivated to risk their lives, even with the promise of a reward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12051

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


An average height man in gray leather looking armor with red eyes and a silver sheen to his skin stands up. Beneath the armor his legs are cobbled together steel parts. "Well Zeph, I'm always down for some wanton murder, would you like to join me in killing some innocent goblins?"

EDIT:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6115
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Upon hearing the message, Valzeller turns his amber-colored eyes from scanning for barmaids and towards the man in the cape. He gets up from his table, instinctively brushes his own clothes off and approaches the man. "I'm interested and more than able," he replies confidently, smiling just enough to show his teeth but not enough to show exactly how pointed they are. At this point he starts scanning the bar again, this time to see if there are others interested in joining the fight against the goblins.

(I don't know if Malakar is speaking through normal means or using telepathy. And if the former, what language he's speaking. Valzeller would respond to him if he can tell that he's speaking and can understand what he's saying.)
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Alicia, an athletic-figured female in dun-colored traveling garb - tunic, breeches, cloak- pushes herself up from her table, laying a hand on her left leg and grimacing as she puts weight upon the lame limb. The moment of pain on her features passes quickly, and she limps her way towards the caped man, her lame leg half-dragging across the floor. She is clearly used to the limb's useless weight by now, and has no problem using it to help her walk - just slowly.

"Easy, now," she says, laying a hand on the man's shoulder, speaking in a quiet voice typically heard in a nave. "Are you injured? I serve the Golden Lady, I can ease your pain if you require it."

From there, she slants a look in Valzeller's direction. "And I assume such services would be necessary for any responding to the call. I find myself moved to aid this town of... Drellin's Ferry, did you say?" she asked as she moved her eyes back to the messenger. There was no real expression of pious attitude in her words, purple eyes spotted with pink gleaming with a cunning glimmer. After all - a town out here would probably be very grateful to not be wiped off of the map.


Last edited by RelentlessImp on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Zeph, a disheveled, somewhat portly young man glares at his beer briefly, as if expecting it to say something, before nodding at it and picking up the glass. When the man in the cape speaks, Zeph turns to face him and listens. His eyes perk up, though he frowns slightly at the various people who turned away after hearing the message.

He hears Malakar speaking and turns to face him. He grins, stretches his arms with his palms interwined and tries to crack his neck, elbow and finger joints to no avail. "Definitely. Busting heads is always fun, and this time, there's even a reward for it!"

Zeph notices the folks who haven't shied away. "Whaddya know. Looks like we've got company."


Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6115
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valzeller eyes the others who have answered the caped man's call. Splitting a reward four ways wasn't too bad, especially if those involved were competent and experienced--which they looked. And Valzeller has always been sure that looks matter a lot. He turns to Zeph with a grin on face. "Indeed you do. By the way, I'm Valzeller," he says, now addressing all three of his fellow adventurers. "And you are...?" he asks.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
maglag
Duke


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 1104

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To Valzeller:
“Good to hear that, friend. You don't look like you're from around here, but just head the west road from this tavern and you'll reach Drellin's ferry in some hours. That town is located in the best place for crossing the Elsir river that separates our vale from the western savage lands beyond it.”

To Alicia:
“Thank you my good miss, but I'm not wounded, just tired from riding as fast as I can. I must still deliver my message to other areas before I can allow myself to rest. If you're a healer, your talents would be invaluable in helping defend Drellin's Ferry.”

Zeph can sense his beer has been somewhat watered down, but otherwise it has no strange substances. His guts tell him that the messenger is being completely honest and not under any kind of magic compulsion. The wind whispers him that there's indeed been large gatherings of goblins and hobgoblins in the west, advancing towards the area of Drellin's Ferry.


Last edited by maglag on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12051

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Well no point in waiting around here then. Zeph, you need anything before we go?" Malakar departs the building to arrange his horse outside for travel.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

At Malakar, "Nah, I'm good. I think I'll keep my head clear, and the beer's kinda watery anyway."

Zeph walks over to the others, deliberately walking through any objects in the way (he appears to flicker when he does so). "Name's Zeph. I'm interested, and quite able."


Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alicia merely shrugs, and hobbles her way out of the inn and into the stables to saddle and ready her horse - a big, black stallion that snorts and paws at the ground while she saddles it. It takes her a few moments to manage to mount it, having to bodily pull herself up into the saddle, then clicking her tongue at Giorgino and nudging him into a walk out front of the inn to wait for the others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6115
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Thank you," Valzeller says to the messenger as formally as possible.

Noticing Zeph's flickering body, Valzeller activates his Blue Gorgeous Wings Soulmeld (+Cha, flight) and (if possible) flutters outside. He then addresses Zeph telepathically:
"Nice trick. Glad to see you're not just talk. I think it's going to be fun working with you."
Valzeller leaves the telepathy open to response from Zeph, if the latter deems to reply in such a manner.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Zeph responds via Valzeller's telepathy, "Likewise. I'm looking forward to this."

He'll wait to see if the messenger has anything else to say, and then head for the stable, walking through walls and doors if possible. He'll get on his horse and then try to catch up to the others.

He'll consult with the wind to find out about any creatures, obstructions, etc. that happen to be on and/or near the route to Drellin's ferry.


Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12051

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since everyone seems to be rearing to go, Malakar will get on his horse and he and his friend Zeph, and presumably their two new companions will head out on their way to Drellin's Ferry. Malakar will activate all his durational spells, and there will now be five of him and five Ravens, even though that does almost no good, because only one of him is on the horse. (But that one is also under the effects of a Displacement).
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6115
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valzeller will follow Malakar (flying, if it matters) and activate his other prepared Soulmeld.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
maglag
Duke


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 1104

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The wind tells to Zeph that the road to Drellyn's Ferry is clear. The usual thick vegetation and ruins and soaring birds and wild mammals and lizards and bees and butterflies and flies and...

The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong. Then Zeph glimpses the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Fierce warriors-tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces-are lying in wait! They wield longbows and have greatswords stored on their backs.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by maglag on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6115
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

19.

Assuming that the nearest raider hasn't headed over to melee by the point it's my turn, Valzeller will head over and smite it with his Soulblade. If it has headed over to melee, I probably still attack it if I can reach it, or attack the next-nearest one (assuming I can make it there).
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12051

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malakar (Init 22) will quickly dismount his horse move forward down the road to stand in the middle of the road at the very furthest red lined square, with his four images moving in and out of him to confuse enemies, and will then cast stinking cloud on the south/right side of the trail at the bottom right vertice of the middle hobgoblin. This will include that goblin and the other goblin further south.

(If you had letters on the top, we can't see them.)
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zeph (Init 20) will shoot a fireball (12 Damage, DC 19 Reflex for half, failure sends them to the nearest edge of the fireball, 20 ft area), centered on the vertex on the top right of the 2nd hobgoblin from the top , or if the 21 init hobgoblin moves and it is still possible to fireball three of them, he'll cast fireball so as to do so.

If the 21 init hobgoblin moves such that it's impossible to fireball all three, he'll cast a fireball on the vertex 5 feet above the top left corner of the third hobgoblin from the top, trying to hit two and maybe push them out of cover onto the road.

If possible, Zeph will ride into the forest to the left to get cover. If not, he'll ride right next to the trees and then fast dismount.


Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:06 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alicia (Initiative 14 (nerveskitter)) will stare at the hobgoblins for a moment, then speak a swift word in a sibilant, arcane tongue. For a moment, she seems to flicker, speeding up (nerveskitter). Then she selects a hobgoblin that seems slower than the others and speak briefly in the same tongue, twisting her fingers in the air above the stallion's head. Three glowing dots of light erupt out of her fingertips and race towards the slowest hobgoblin, peppering him.

(Maximized Magic Missile, hobgoblin of 4 initiative takes 15 damage.)


Last edited by RelentlessImp on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maglag
Duke


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 1104

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valzeller's soul weapon pierces his target's armor like it was made of paper and leaves an hoboblin bleeding heavily in the ground.

Similarly Alicia's magic missiles blow three holes in another of the hobgoblins, painting the nearby trees red.

Malakar drops a nasty cloud that leaves one hobgoblins vomiting.

Zeph blows up another two hobgoblins with a fiery explosion! Both targets end thrown into the open, barely able to stand from their heavy burns.

Still they're able to act. One landed just next to Malakar and thus draws his greatsword and swings, but only hits a false image. The other takes aim at the most vulnerable target that still proved dangerous along his remaining unarmed companion: Alicia. The first one lets go too soon and the arrow falls at his feet, but the second manages to score a hit on the servant of the golden lady! Nothing too dangerous for a veteran such as her tough.

You can hear some kind of mystic chanting coming from the ruined house.

(spellcraft DC 17)
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by maglag on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Narrowed eyes are the response to the arrow hitting her, along with a soft hiss of pain. Her eyes slant in the direction the arrow had come from, and she waves her hand, fingernails lighting up and releasing the three glowing dots once again, screaming towards the hobgoblin that had hit her.

(One more Maximized Magic Missile, 15 damage to the fuckhead that hit me. Also was there damage?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6115
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valzeller will attempt to finish off the wounded hobgoblin nearest him (K8, two squares to the south of Valzeller, right next to Malakar) with his soulblade, charging it if he can.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12051

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malakar will move back to his horse, drop his scythe, and pull out his longbow from the horse. He will also shout out "There is an invisible enemy to the south."
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
radthemad4
Duke


Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 2026

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zeph will attempt to make some water erupt from the hobgoblin in D9 (Fort negates 2 round stun, DC 19, Fatigued no save). He's not going to move.

Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maglag
Duke


Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 1104

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two more hobgoblins fall to Alicia's magic and Valzeller's blade, leaving piles of gore behind.

Malakar points at another standing hobgoblin and water starts coming out from his mouth, ears and nose, making him drop his bow and unable to do anything really.

Malakar pulls back to change weapons.

The nauseated hobgoblin manages to exit the fog and stumbles away from you, slowed down by the vegetation, vomiting some more.

More chanting comes from the ruined house, then something roars inside it.

(Spellcraft DC 18)
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by maglag on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group