The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Game Narratives
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longes
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll write about cases in AA that pissed me off later.

I'm quite fond of Dragon Age 2. I liked the small scale focus on Hawke and his family and friends, instead of yet another Bioware Plot.
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Longes wrote:
I'll write about cases in AA that pissed me off later.

I'm quite fond of Dragon Age 2. I liked the small scale focus on Hawke and his family and friends, instead of yet another Bioware Plot.
I like the dialogue in bioware games more than the overarching stories. I treat their games like stuff that's written by Joss Whedon. I like a bunch of the bits and pieces but I can take or leave the big picture.
Finally a thread about fighters!

Last edited by MGuy on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Blade
Knight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you enjoyed Illusion of Gaia, be sure to play Terranigma. It's the next entry in the series (the first is Soul Blazer, but it's more dungeon oriented, and I haven't found it very interesting).

The concept behind Terrnigma was to make a RPG where the goal wasn't to fight/destroy something but to build something (in that case, the whole world and human society). It has a quite deep stories, and just like Illusion of Gaia, it does delve into some darker themes (but maybe less so).
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, i LOVED Terranigma back then *-*
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never played Terranigma but I saw HCBailiey's LP of it.
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Robotron 2084.
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should make mention of Bioshocks 1 and 3. For Bioshock one the atmosphere and the way the world was introduced to me was very well done. Having not played or even heard of System Shock 2 made it all new to me. The revelation at the end also came as a complete 'shock'. Infinite was much the same. I loved the setting, the story, and the gameplay was engaging.
Finally a thread about fighters!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: