Super Smash Brothers: Melee: Netplay

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Super Smash Brothers: Melee: Netplay

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

Ever want to play one of the best fighting games ever ONLINE with REALLY FUCKING LOW LAG? Well now you can.

Melee Netplay

Yeah, this is pretty much the greatest thing ever. All you need is a $15 adapter (Mayflash 4 port) to play using a gamecube controller.

Oh wait, you also want a matchmaking and ranking system? Done. It's right the fuck there.

Does anyone else play this? It is quite possibly the greatest thing in the history of great things, and a testament to mankind's willingness to do a ton of shit just to play an awesome videogame online.

The whole setup and site is very impressive. Playing SSBM with 3-frame input lag and 20-40ms of visual lag isn't IDEAL, but it's a better experience than many professionally produced online games. Well done, tournyfags. Thank you for extending this game's life for another infinity years.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Can you wavedash reliably?
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

Kaelik wrote:Can you wavedash reliably?
Since it's just input delay yeah, wavedashing is a muscle memory thing. Wavelanding and stuff is harder due to the slight lag, but you can still do it and l-canceling quite easily a few seconds into a game.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.