Fuck It

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

I'll probably be away from the net this weekend and probably monday so I may be missing during that time.
radthemad4 wrote:I'm doing this for a 3.5 feat. If you want to do this to get a Tome feat you'll have to ask maglag.
Flaws won't allow you to get tome feats.
CapnTthePirateG wrote:Alright, hopefully I can finish my guy by the end of the week.

Disclaimer: I've actually run RHoD before, but I will try not to be the metagaming asshat. If you think this is a problem I can drop.
I trust you not to be a metagaming asshat.
CapnTthePirateG wrote:Hmmm. Reading through the cleric spell list reminded me of why I hate clerics. Can I be a psychic warrior or a duskblade instead?
Sure. Psicrystals don't get feats.
radthemad4 wrote:How about Iameki's Eldritch Knight? You'll need all martial weapon proficiencies, shield proficiency, light armor proficiency, 1st level arcane spell, Subtle Spell and BAB 1 to enter. You can enter as Full BAB Class 1, Favorite Arcane Caster 1. Soulborn 1 can nab you permanent enlarge person and a lightsaber (or sabers) that can bypass hardness and DR and hit incorporeal things.

Edit: and BAB 1
I won't allow that Eldritch Knight, not only because it doesn't cost any actual CL, but also because it has the bullshit ability of "Hey remember that mechanic Frank designed to give mundanes an edge over casters? Fuck that noise, now fullcasters get the Edge over mundanes"
Last edited by maglag on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

How about the Sorcerer rewrite from that same thread?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

So I'm thinking of playing a pretty soldier of love and justice Soulborn. Is that class OK? It's not in the original Tomes or Kaelik's errata so I'm not sure.

Also, how do the expensive but non-magical armors (Adamantine, Dragonscale, Mithril, etc.) in the simplified armor thread interact with our starting gear? Is it possible to start out with one?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Alright, one claw-based psychic warrior coming up!
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

RelentlessImp wrote:How about the Sorcerer rewrite from that same thread?
No. The Kaelik wizard was a rewrite. Got new tricks but also lost stuff. What you're asking is a complete power up to one of the original top 3.5 classes.
Darth Rabbitt wrote:So I'm thinking of playing a pretty soldier of love and justice Soulborn. Is that class OK? It's not in the original Tomes or Kaelik's errata so I'm not sure.
The 3rd level Arcane Sight will be swapped for See Invisibility for simplicity's sake, otherwise ok.
Darth Rabbitt wrote: Also, how do the expensive but non-magical armors (Adamantine, Dragonscale, Mithril, etc.) in the simplified armor thread interact with our starting gear? Is it possible to start out with one?
Red Rob said:

"It's pretty common nowadays for DM's to just tell the players how many magic items they can start with rather than allocating a gold value. If you are using this method I'd recommend that any armor that costs 2,000gp or more should count as a Lesser Item on its own."

So if it costs less than 2000 GP you can have one for free if you're proficient with it, otherwise you can spend one of your starting magic items on it.

[/u]
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

OK. Two more questions (and then I'll shut up).

Would Prak's Magical Warrior prestige class be allowed, and if so how would it work with Soulborn (I assume Soulblade would be the Patron Weapon and it advances Soulmelds)? If it's OK it for the game it seems like the kind of thing that should be able to work with Soulborn given that both have built in glowy spirit weapons, gear, etc.
Edit: It actually doesn't matter for now because the soonest I'd be able to get in is level 6. So my character should be good to go either way.

The other class I'm considering playing is a Ceilingcat Shadow Warrior. Probably going to go with Soulborn but I figured I might as well ask if Shadow Warrior is cool in case I decide otherwise. Ignore that I'm going with Soulborn.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

How would you feel about these feats, maglag?
Siege Shot [Combat]
You can shoot a single, devastating shot.
Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.

+0: You make make a "siege shot" as a full-round action. Make a single attack with a ranged weapon or thrown weapon that you wield, for this attack your range is tripled. The attack counts as a siege projectile, and it ignores damage reduction (except DR/-) and hardness.
+1: When making a siege shot, you deal an extra d6 damage per point of Base Attack Bonus you have.
+6: A creature hit by your siege shot must make a DC 10 + 1/2 BAB + your dexterity modifier or be stunned for 1 round. A creature that succeed it save against this ability is immune to it for one round.
+11: When making a siege shot, double the threat range and increase the critical modifier by 1 (for example a light crossbow would become 17-20/x3).
+16: Your siege shot becomes an attack action, but can only be used with iterative attacks granted by Base Attack Bonus.
Monkey Grip [Combat]
When all else fails, get a bigger sword.
Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.

+0: You can wield weapons up to one size larger than normal with a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
+1: You no longer sustain penalties to attack rolls for wielding a weapon because of its size (you are still limited to the size of weapon you can wield). In addition, you may now add one and a half times your Strength modifier to the damage of any one-handed oversized weapon you wield and twice your Strength modifier to damage for a two-handed oversized weapon. Lastly, you may always choose to deal bludgeoning damage when wielding an oversized weapon regardless of the weapon's standard damage type.
+6: You may now wield weapons two sizes larger than normal, and you gain reach equal to that of a creature with the same size category as your weapon.
+11: You may now wield weapons three sizes larger than normal. Whenever you make a melee attack, you may also choose to attempt to hit a square adjacent to the target struck, with the creature‘s AC measured against the same attack roll. A creature cannot be hit more than once with a single attack roll by this ability.
+16: You may now wield weapons four sizes larger than normal. As an immediate action, you may also use your weapon to shield yourself, gaining total cover from a single attack or effect of your choice.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I hate everyone in the universe, but especially Prak.

Do you know why the Jester gets to use weapons that are sized way to huge for him?

BECAUSE BIG ASS SWORDS ARE A FUCKING JOKE. And trust me, we are laughing at you not with you.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I really don't give a shit. And I'd probably only take one of those, since, as I mentioned before, of course all tome protagonists are part fiend.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=543276

Buff Drinklots, hero of the...whatever.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Here's my character so far. Basically he's a foppish Feytouched Soulborn.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Can we just fucking start now. My tolerance for waiting for someone who posted interest but suggested three different classes for his character and never posted again for a week is done.
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Mag's doing Labor day stuff, I think. I'm finishing up spending money for my character, and then I'll do a quick writeup for him. I'm still waiting on an answer about Siege Shot (fuck Monkey Grip). I'd also like approval for the feat Hidden Talent, which gives a single level 1 psionic power and 2 power points to use it with. I really don't give a shit about the fluff of psionics, it's just handy to have Expansion twice a day.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Prak wrote:Mag's doing Labor day stuff, I think.
That's what I figured, too. My character should be finished.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I didn't so much mean right this second, just can we agree to go forward without Ogre Battle, since he is the only person who hasn't submitted a sheet.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, not to metagame too much, but is Red Hand of Doom a pretty standard dungeoncrawl that would be less than conducive to a hireling archer troop? Because 500 gold is a lot for mundane stuff when I've already got my armor and weapons, and hirelings are fucking cheap.

RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Red Hand of Doom is, in places, very time-sensitive. Marching an archer troop would slow us down. But they might come in handy when it comes to a certain part.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I was considering getting 10 longbowmen, since I could hire them for 2gp a day, and they'd be able to put down volleys.

Edit: also, it looks like the "retrieve item by saying the name" part of a handy haversack is worth maybe 1000gp (at most), comparing it's space limits to a T1 Bag of Holding. There's a 2400gp difference between a T2 and T3 Bag of Holding and T3 is still a minor item. Would it be possible for one of my lessers to be a T2 Bag of Holding with the "Handy" bit of handy haversack, and a continuous Tensers Floating Disk effect (1000gp)?
Last edited by Prak on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Instead of wasting 500gp on a bunch of mooks who die to the first breath weapon, you could give it to me, and I will add more spells to my spellbook.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can give me all your gold, and Imp and I can craft a wand of cure light wounds.
Last edited by Kaelik on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'd be willing to do either of those.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Here's Baragos' sheet. A brief description and background is at the bottom.

CapnTthePirateG
Duke

And suddenly remembered we get flaws. One minute please...updated.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=543276
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Added a background. Do telepathy and "communicating with animals and magical beasts as if they shared a language" (from the Raised by Owlbears background) combine to allow me to communicate silently with animals and magical beasts (since they have a language for me)? It doesn't really matter since both telepathy and speaking with animals/magical beasts are both useful abilities for my character even if they don't combo, I'm just curious if I can telepathically communicate with horses and shit.

Also, can I take the Magic in the Blood Regional feat (increases 1/day racial SLAs to 3/day)? It normally doesn't apply to Feytouched but they're not in the PGtF and other bad touched races Planetouched can take it so it doesn't seem unreasonable from a flavor perspective for Feytouched to be able to do so too. But by RAW it's illegal and I'll admit that two extra uses of silent image per day is really nice for a non-Tome feat.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

So... I guess I'm going to begin every combat by Dropping Web on the enemy, which will prevent bullshit 400000000 damage charges. Then after that I can swift action hesitate the PartyKillMonsterofMageHate before he goes, hopefully preventing him from trying to kill the four mages that the party is made of.

Of Course, that is premised on winning init over him. On the other hand, his saves are so bad that by just hiding inside a Stinking Cloud his attempts to kill me will probably fail because even his fort save is so low that I have a greater than 60% chance to stop him.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kaelik wrote:PartyKillMonsterofMageHate
If you're talking about my barbarian, the whole "I hate magic" thing was changed...