Fuck It

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Forgot that I had +1 caster level, so... three magic missiles, maximized, 15 damage instead of 10.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Smite.

Saves. (forgot they were supposed to get +4 against the fireball from the tree's cover, but wouldn't have saved them anyway).

Puny arrows.

EDIT: Not gonna bother roll the nausea duration for the hobgoblins that got out of the cloud until they actually last another 2 rounds.
Last edited by maglag on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I clearly said that I was Stinking Clouding the South of the map, I even said right in case there was a compass you weren't showing us.

Maybe if you had letters as well as numbers we could use grid intersections. In the mean time, south is down and right is to the right of our direction travelling.

Also if we can hear mystic chanting we should probably get a spellcarft check.
Last edited by Kaelik on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'm waiting for this (EDIT: by which I mean the placement of the Stinking Cloud) to all be resolved before I decide my next action.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Also, since OgreBattle and his infinite healing is not present, I'm going to do the thing we were talking about earlier, and use my gold, my extra potion gold, imps extra gold/extra potions, and the gold rad sent me (plus his potions?) to craft a Wand of Lessor Vigor with Imp in the past, so we have it now. 15 daily charges of lesser vigor :).

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

RelentlessImp: My bad, Alicia takes 8 damage from that arrow, forgot to put it in the IC.
Kaelik wrote:I clearly said that I was Stinking Clouding the South of the map, I even said right in case there was a compass you weren't showing us.

Maybe if you had letters as well as numbers we could use grid intersections. In the mean time, south is down and right is to the right of our direction travelling.
Maybe if you actually used the numbers there would be no confusion. Every other player was kind enough to use the goblin's initiatives they wanted to harm as reference. You just said something vague about hitting two non-identified hobgoblins to your right.

I'm not redoing any map until you provide actual numbers for the positioning of your spell.
Kaelik wrote: Also if we can hear mystic chanting we should probably get a spellcarft check.
Yes, but since that's kinda the RAW effect of spellcraft, I didn't think I would need to point it out.
Last edited by maglag on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

maglag wrote:Maybe if you actually used the numbers there would be no confusion. Every other player was kind enough to use the goblin's initiatives they wanted to harm as reference. You just said something vague about hitting two non-identified hobgoblins to your right.

I'm not redoing any map until you provide actual numbers for the positioning of your spell.
How the Everloving fuck was I supposed to know that you were trying to tell us which hobgoblin had which initiative even though our characters had no way of knowing, and you edited that in after I opened the spoiler and looked at the map?

Why is "south side of the trail" too confusing to locate an AoE spell on the south side of the trail? Why do you have half of a grid, instead of a whole grid on the map?

How about putting it on the goblin between 10 and 15, oh wait, that is three of them, well, it is also the goblin who is at F12 maybe I suppose that could also be E-G11-13, or on vertice FG12/13. Because that is the south side of the trail.

I guess that goblin also has an initiative of 4, although god knows how I was supposed to know to identify the goblin by init instead of trying to locate my AoE effect on a location, or how I am going to locate an AoE effect I don't want to cast on one of the 4 vertices of an enemies square.
maglag wrote:
Kaelik wrote: Also if we can hear mystic chanting we should probably get a spellcarft check.
Yes, but since that's kinda the RAW effect of spellcraft, I didn't think I would need to point it out.
The RAW effect is to identify spells. Just saying mystic chanting, despite heavily implying spell, doesn't mean it for sure. So if it is a spell, and the check is reactive, instead of waiting for someone to ask if it is a spell and they should roll spellcraft, and then you answering six hours later, and then six hours after that them rolling a spellcraft, and then six hours after that you telling them whether or not they identified a spell, and then six hours after that them posting an action, because you know, what spell is being cast might be relevant to their actions, you skip that 18 hour wait and just roll spellcraft for the people with spellcraft modifiers on their sheets, and tell everyone who made the check in a spoiler box what spell it is.

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Last turn's IC updated. Kaelik's wizard loses an image since he was gassing a hobgolin already bleeding to death leaving an extra hob to act.

For future reference, attacking a dude with mirror image means rolling an extra die equal to the number of images and 1 hits the original.
Last edited by maglag on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

maglag wrote:Last turn's IC updated. Kaelik's wizard loses an image since he was gassing a hobgolin already bleeding to death leaving an extra hob to act.

For future reference, attacking a dude with mirror image means rolling an extra die equal to the number of images and 1 hits the original.
Point of fact, I gassed him before anyone else acted because I rolled highest on init. Also Imp could not have magic missiled the selected hobgoblin because it had total concealment from him.
Last edited by Kaelik on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Btw, maglag, you might find this useful:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36844791@N00/

There are at least some maps from RHoD without any tokens and stuff on them.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

radthemad4 wrote:Btw, maglag, you might find this useful:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36844791@N00/

There are at least some maps from RHoD without any tokens and stuff on them.
Oh, that may be handy in the future, thanks!

Also the trees only provide cover, not total cover, or the whole "hang back in the trees and shoot arrows for an ambush" plan they have would be kinda impossible to achieve.

Soul attack

Fort save against water

CL check
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Why on earth would you have him land for no reason when he didn't say he lands, and he would have to be an idiot to end his double move by landing at the entrance to a place he knows someone could be?

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Because he wanted to see inside and that demanded getting near an entrance and also near the ground?

EDIT: Also he provided no coordinates despite I going through the trouble of adding numbers and letters to the grid. I already have enough in my side taking care of monster actions. If a PC gives me vague movement instructions, then I will not spend even more time thinking what the PC's most tactically genius movement would be.

EDIT2: In addition that character does have 8 Wis, so he is indeed an idiot.
Last edited by maglag on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

"Valzeller flies towards the house as quickly and effectively as possible (double move)."

Nothing about looking inside the house. He went over to the house because that was where he heard the noise, unlike you, we didn't know that the character was inside the house, but even if he did, he never made even the slightest claim to looking in, and while it is one thing to not give specific coordinates, making him land for no reason is silly. If he had given specific coordinates, that still wouldn't have given a Z axis, would you still have him land when he didn't say anything about it?

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

maglag wrote:In addition that character does have 8 Wis, so he is indeed an idiot.
This is very true.

And I really don't mind since I was very vague.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:
maglag wrote:In addition that character does have 8 Wis, so he is indeed an idiot.
This is very true.

And I really don't mind since I was very vague.
I suspected you would really care because you are filthy melee attacker :), but I feel obligated to point out the issue anyway. Now you want to be less vague about what you shout out while getting mauled so I can take my action.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

In hindsight, I am glad that I made the check to cast defensively, but I probably should have just risked an AoO even if they could take one, since displacement and AC and mirror image probably makes them hitting less likely than me failing the defensive casting and wasting my spell.

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

For the record, does Valzeller have any abilities to prevent Aoos from movement?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

He does not appear to have any such ability.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I figure that risking an AoO is better than risking another full attack from Blade Bearer.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

You might also want to fly up :)
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

FYI, I made an edit to the Kaelik Wizard, I noticed he sort of mostly can't cast cantrips (He can cast them with a 15 minutes casting time, and then they have a duration of at most 15 minutes), and I really wanted to have prestidigitation, so I added 2 cantrips at will, that can be changed. Let me know if you have a problem.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Haven't completely decided on the specifics of what I'm going to do yet, but I've fast dismounted successfully and will be fireballing for 16 damage, probably all the back up goblins.

How tall is the house? I'm wondering if I can blink walk to the roof.

In the future, can I fast dismount without rolling for it when I'm blinking, by blinking through the horse? I don't think it works by RAW, but it sounds like the sort of thing someone greater blinking should be able to do.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.