The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
[Let's Play] Blood Sword V - The Walls of Spyte
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
angelfromanotherpin
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7451

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, that's as good a plan as any.
_________________
"Now that we've determined that up to π angels can dance on the head of a pin, how do we determine the specific number (or fraction) of angels dancing?"
"What if angels from another pin engage them in melee combat?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiritai
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 526

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We also have the rainbow as a potential hint, so I approve of RYGB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SGamerz
Duke


Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 2332

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rainbow it is!

Quote:
You put the yellow mask in place. Is it your imagination or is something tingling in the air? Which mask will you place on the third face? The green one, the blue one or the white one?


And the gold became yellow again? Hah, thought you could fool us by disguising your name? Not a chance!

Quote:
You put the green mask on the third face. An expectant hush seems to fall in the chamber. Was it your imagination or did Heimdall move?

If you wish, you can abandon your mask-placing and leave. Otherwise, which mask will you put on the last face? The blue one or the white one?


Leave? Pah, moving pictures don't scare us. Besides, we'd totally kick Heimdall's butt!

Quote:
You put the mask on the last face. A sudden stillness settles on the room. You notice a flicker of movement from the figure of Heimdall on the Rainbow Bridge. You jump back startled as he turns and hands you the Horn of Heroes, turns back, and freezes into immobility again! Note that you have the Horn of Heroes. Amazed, you continue on through the door ahead.


And he clearly knows that too, which must be why he gave us a peace offering.

Let me know who wants to carry the new toy.

Quote:
You come to a long hall. At the far end is a dais upon which rests an iron-shod quarterstaff that glows with a faint radiance. Beyond it are huge double doors adorned with two demon faces, wrought in gold. Between you and the dais the floor is a chequerboard of nine two-metre-square stone slabs. You will have to cross them to reach the dais and the doors. The first three lie before you. Will you step out onto the left-hand slab, the middle slab or the right-hand slab?


And which way to proceed?

Just a reminder, since the Sage's healing failed last time, he might want to try again....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6181
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, I heal (same healing plan as before) and recommend that we take the middle slab.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
angelfromanotherpin
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7451

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Middle.
_________________
"Now that we've determined that up to π angels can dance on the head of a pin, how do we determine the specific number (or fraction) of angels dancing?"
"What if angels from another pin engage them in melee combat?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SGamerz
Duke


Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 2332

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Healing roll: 2x 5 = 10. Pepito is up to 11 END.

Quote:
You walk on to the centre stone slab, senses alert for any trap. Nothing happens. Will you step out on to the slab directly in front of you, the centre-most slab of the nine, the slab to your left, the slab to your right, the slab at a diagonal to you, forward and to the left, or the slab at a diagonal to you, forward and to your right?


Seems to be safe. But now we have more options. Next step?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelfromanotherpin
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7451

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My dungeoneer instincts are telling me that this slab setup is a trap for overly-clever minds. Straight ahead, centre!
_________________
"Now that we've determined that up to π angels can dance on the head of a pin, how do we determine the specific number (or fraction) of angels dancing?"
"What if angels from another pin engage them in melee combat?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6181
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, keep on going straight.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SGamerz
Duke


Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 2332

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
With great care you cross the central slab, ready for anything. It seems safe, however. Will you step to the slab directly to your left, the slab directly to your right, the slab directly ahead of you or the slab diagonally forward to your left or the slab diagonally forward and to your right?


Good choice.....but will it work again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6181
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suspect they're trying to fake us out, so:

Tentacled Guy from Space Assassin wrote:
Take the middle, always the middle.

_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
angelfromanotherpin
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7451

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, continue straight.
_________________
"Now that we've determined that up to π angels can dance on the head of a pin, how do we determine the specific number (or fraction) of angels dancing?"
"What if angels from another pin engage them in melee combat?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiritai
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 526

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...

Quote:
The chamber's far wall is a huge archway, around which an ornate frieze has been carved. Beyond the arch is a bluish haze. The carvings are of many things: heads, geometric patterns and other seemingly meaningless symbols. The frieze directly above the arch is odd, for it seems to depict some kind of game akin to chess, save that there are only nine squares. It appears that some of the squares automatically destroy any piece that moves on them. There is nothing else of interest here, and no way out save to step into the blue haze. Shrugging your shoulders, you do so.


Not that it gives *any* clue about how to avoid those squares. So, sure, let's go straight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SGamerz
Duke


Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 2332

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As cautiously as you can, you steal out on to the slab. A surge of adrenalin courses through you as the slab shifts, and there is a loud click beneath your feet. Will you leap forward headlong or drop to the floor?


Uh oh.....

Where do we think the trap is coming from?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiritai
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 526

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Make like a checker and jump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Starmaker
Duke


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 2330
Location: Redmonton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SGamerz
Duke


Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 2332

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
You hurl yourself forward, coming to rest just in front of the dais. A long sharpened wooden stake bursts out of the slab you were just on. Relieved to be still alive, you turn your attention to the dais.


Quote:
The dais is plain and uninteresting, but the staff that rests upon it is far from that. The quarterstaff is of hard ash, bound in iron at each tip, and with bands of iron along its length. Runes of power are etched into the wood. If there is a Sage in the party who wishes to examine it, turn to 458. To anyone else, it feels as any other staff would, but is obviously of great value.

When you have finished here, you turn your attention to the great double doors. They swing open easily at a touch. Turn to 165.


Does Pepito want to touch the stout length of wood?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6181
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pepito will fondle the wood.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SGamerz
Duke


Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 2332

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's take a look at Pepito's new rod!

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


SAGE:
Quote:
You recognise the staff as an ancient artefact that was once wielded by the Legendary Great Wizard, and Master of the Lore of Sages, Lord Kashu, Shackler of Demons, Suzerain of the Palace of the Moon, the Sorceror Supreme.

It is the Staff of Might. While you wield it in combat, add one to your Fighting Prowess and one to your damage rolls. It also enables you to cast the Enchanter spell Volcano Spray once per combat. For this purpose it counts as automatically readied for that combat, and is cast with a Psychic Ability of ten. You may or may not tell your comrades of its power, at your discretion.


Wait....he's supposed to have the option of keeping it secret? Then why the hell wasn't the text in italics?

Oh well, at least it's about time the Sage finally gets a cool magical weapon.

Moving on....

Quote:
As you step through the doors, there is a flash of bright light and you feel a sense of timeless dislocation. When you recover, moments later, you find you are standing at an underground wharf. A river flows from a low rock tunnel to your left, into a wide stone corridor ahead. A cool blast of air accompanies the icy black water on its journey. Bobbing beside you on the water is a barge of copper, finely crafted, easily large enough to take half a dozen passengers. The magical defences of the tower have teleported you either deep under ground or to some unknown part of the world. There appears to be no other way to go, so you climb aboard and pole your way into the corridor ahead. After a while it widens to the size of a small lake, at the centre of which lies an island of dark rock. At the far end you can just see the river flowing into another tunnel.

Will you moor the boat and investigate the island or carry on up the river?


Investigate?

Oh, and no one has volunteered to take the Horn of Heroes yet, btw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Starmaker
Duke


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 2330
Location: Redmonton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's quite a staff.

I'd take the horn but I don't want to be a single point of failure.
Investigate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6181
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pepito will tell everyone about the bitchin' volcano staff.

How many free slots do we each have? I don't mind taking the horn if I still have a free slot.

Also investigate.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
angelfromanotherpin
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7451

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll take the horn, now that I'm not carrying so many rods.
_________________
"Now that we've determined that up to π angels can dance on the head of a pin, how do we determine the specific number (or fraction) of angels dancing?"
"What if angels from another pin engage them in melee combat?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiritai
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 526

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definitely investigate; maybe artifacts of power are just laying around everywhere now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SGamerz
Duke


Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 2332

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
You moor the barge to some iron railings that have been set into the rock of the island. As you walk on, you realise that the interior of the island is a low bowl or depression which cannot be seen from the lake. An old dilapidated hut stands near you, beside a small shrine consisting of a carved stone pedestal to some forgotten god.

Will you investigate the hut or the shrine? If you decide to return to the barge, turn to 282.


I've given the Horn to the Warrior, since she has more free slots.

Adventure Sheets:

WARRIOR:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


TRICKSTER:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


SAGE:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


ENCHANTER:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelfromanotherpin
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7451

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the inhabitants of the hut are more likely to tell us about what's happening in the shrine than vice-versa, so start with the hut.
_________________
"Now that we've determined that up to π angels can dance on the head of a pin, how do we determine the specific number (or fraction) of angels dancing?"
"What if angels from another pin engage them in melee combat?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Rabbitt
King


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 6181
Location: Anywhere but here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First I heal for 10 EP worth. If I roll a 1 it all goes back to me, otherwise I spend the first 10 EP on myself and up to the next 20 split evenly between Trickster and Warrior (so 10 each). If I roll a 4+ I spend the rest healing myself, and if there's any left over after that it divides back between Trickster and Warrior.

Then go to the hut.
_________________
-The Reverend Sir Professor Darth Rabbitt
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group