NSFW News That Makes You Laugh/Cry/Hurl/etc.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Grek wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:That's one of the few things I don't quite understand, but whatever makes them happy.
Once you realize that those eggs are likely going up someone's butt, the buyers being fussy about size, shape and quality makes quite a bit of sense.
I was referring to not understanding oviposition in general.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

I would, in fact, be tempted to circumcise those. Though I can certainly understand and sympathize with their point, I'm afraid that they're failing to engage with the cultures that practice this.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Presumably, she wanted to make sure she'd be comfortable on her economical swedish sofa when lazing around at home.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Oh hey, I played an early version of that.

It was pretty fucking lame, and contained about as much sex as [random farm simulator app] in that all fucking was implied, you just had "sexy" sprites.

But I completely fucking forgot about the game until I watched the video and started recognizing art. That's how remarkable that shitty game was.

Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Having read a [translated] copy of the Malleus Maleficarum, it isn't as interesting as you might think. It pretty much opens with this dick-stealing obsession, and prattles on in a pretty crazy way. 'Case studies' is giving the silly thing far more credit than it deserves, and attributes far more serious scholarship to Kramer than the paper's author has any reason to.

It is an entirely serious paranoid fantasy of a nutty Dutch lawyer, and it's downright sad that it got taken seriously and used to justify witch hunts. Even to the medieval mind it should have provoked 'this guy is fucking crazy' responses, not 'women are going to steal our dicks.'
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I'd agree with you except that penis-stealing witchcraft is still totally a thing people fret about: http://www.alternet.org/world/penis-sna ... ountryside
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Everytime I hear about witchcraft penis stealing, I wish someone would teach me...

tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

Even to the medieval mind it should have provoked 'this guy is fucking crazy' responses, not 'women are going to steal our dicks.
The medieval mind is an interesting thing to speculate about, but you do have to understand they were basically all pre-school children. Their lives were based around doing a bunch of shit by rote they couldn't understand and then getting murdered for refusing to believe in what authority figures told them to believe in, to the point of depopulating large chunks of Europe over arguments about the correct way to pray to God, and who it is should be allowed to choose that on your behalf.

The elite had parts of the education we'd expect of a middle school student, but a fair bit of that stuff hadn't been invented yet. Like the idea of physical evidence being superior to priestly authority was still rather a long way off.

So to the medieval mind, if some dude in the right hat told you witches were what made your dick feel uncomfortable at times, then he either had the right hat and knew how god and the devil made everything work or he didn't have the right hat and you should probably tell on him to someone who did.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

tussock wrote:
Even to the medieval mind it should have provoked 'this guy is fucking crazy' responses, not 'women are going to steal our dicks.
The medieval mind is an interesting thing to speculate about, but you do have to understand they were basically all pre-school children. Their lives were based around doing a bunch of shit by rote they couldn't understand and then getting murdered for refusing to believe in what authority figures told them to believe in, to the point of depopulating large chunks of Europe over arguments about the correct way to pray to God, and who it is should be allowed to choose that on your behalf.

The elite had parts of the education we'd expect of a middle school student, but a fair bit of that stuff hadn't been invented yet. Like the idea of physical evidence being superior to priestly authority was still rather a long way off.

So to the medieval mind, if some dude in the right hat told you witches were what made your dick feel uncomfortable at times, then he either had the right hat and knew how god and the devil made everything work or he didn't have the right hat and you should probably tell on him to someone who did.
Plus there was no internet and books were quite expensive, assuming you knew how to read at all.

And human biology books were mostly full of bullshit, since cutting open corpses was taboo and stuff.

Remember, by the time Isaac Fucking Newton joined the royal academy of sciences several centuries later, the elite there still had serious discussions about werewolves. Not if werewolf existed, they talked about their properties as if they were real based just on stories and old books.

Humans have quite an easy time believing in what other humans tell them as long as you use the right tone and have a nice piece of clothing. It's kinda the basis of politics after all.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

maglag wrote:Humans have quite an easy time believing in what other humans tell them as long as you use the right tone and have a nice piece of clothing. It's kinda the basis of politics after all.
It's actually more complex than that. The crazy nonsense ideas need to have specific qualities that make them the kind of crazy nonsense that people are inclined to believe.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Vaginas are kind of scary though, if you think about it. Imagine an orifice that's open to your abdominal cavity that oozes blood and chunks of rotten meat one week out of the month and mucus the other 3.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I was just thinking it would be perfect for people playing a tzimisce ghoul in vampire larps...

deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Vaginas are kind of scary though, if you think about it. Imagine an orifice that's open to your abdominal cavity that oozes blood and chunks of rotten meat one week out of the month and mucus the other 3.
If I think about it, it isn't scary.
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

Prak wrote:Everytime I hear about witchcraft penis stealing, I wish someone would teach me...
Just witchcraft, if it worked, would be pretty awesome. Stealing people's genitalia would just be the icing on the cake.