[Let's Play] Blood Sword IV - Doomwalk

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

We might as well burn our gold now. I can't imagine that we'll need more than a coin or two each to enter Sheol (and even that's only if Sheol is like Hades). It's part of why I suggested using up our excess gold on the merchant ship rather than risking using up any karma on potentially endangering the pilgrim ship (which I feared might bite us in the asses when we got to Sheol).
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Eh, may as well flip a coin on this one, so I did! The private room it is.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

It's kind of appropriate that the Trickster is, coincidentally, the only one who hasn't voted. He's the only one not carrying money. :biggrin:

Private room it is! I'm not going to waste time on voting who should spend the money, so I'm splitting the cost between Enchanter and Sage, who voted for it, 5 gold each, (not that it matters very much, but feel free to object if you wish!)
'Excellent!', he replies, counting the coins. 'You will not regret your decision, for this slight sum has bought you a night of most luxurious and hedonic slumber.' He shows you upstairs to a large and admittedly elegant suite. Servants scurry in to light the lamps, whose rich radiance reveals a number of fine tapestries and carven panels. A window covered by a screen of filigreed ivory opens onto a marble balcony which gives you a panoramic view of Crescentium's harbour.

'Serve dinner,' you tell the landlord.

He hesitates. 'A sumptuous meal can be had for two gold pieces per person . . .'

Any player who wants to eat should deduct this sum from the total on their Character Sheet. The meal gives back 1 Endurance point to anyone who is wounded.

You dismiss the landlord and servants and settle down for the night. After a few minutes you hear a cat squeal in the street below your balcony, and then the sound of voices urgently whispering.

If you get up to investigate, turn to 38. If you decide to try and get off to sleep, turn to 268.
Bah! Who needs your food, we've got our magic bread (and no one needs healing in any case)! Saving our gold on this pointless option.

Investigate the interesting cat whisperings?
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Investigate.
I'm going from Paris to Brest by proxy to defend my Champion of the Land of Vengeance!!!! title (that is, Paris and Brest are represented by proxies; I still have to go in person, unfortunately), so I won't be able to post for two days. Benedict will volunteer for attractive blue options and aggro monsters when necessary.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Check out the kitty.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Follow the kitty. This is the interwebs; there is always time for cats.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

An old man dressed all in black is standing under your balcony. He looks up and a meaningful glance passes between you. Then he points to a group of suspicious figures standing in the moonlight some distance away. Recognising them as men who were sitting near you in the tap-room earlier, you dodge back out of sight and strain your ears to pick up what they're saying.

'. . . must have plenty o' chink to hire the Azure Chamber,' whispers one.

'Aye,' murmurs another. 'We can look forward to a good night's takings.'

They all give furtive laughs in the manner of men contemplating great wickedness. You wonder that they haven't spotted the old man who warned you, but when you glance down you cannot see any sign of him.

You retreat into the room and prepare your arms and armour. The thieves burst in a few moments later, having climbed to the balcony with a nimble-ness born of long experience. They are surprised and alarmed to find you ready for them.

Magsmen

Fighting Prowess: 7 Psychic Ability: 6
Damage per blow: 1 Die Awareness: 7
Armour Rating: 1
Endurance:
first 15 second 15
third 15 fourth 15
fifth 15 sixth 15

If you flee you will have to hide from them in the streets nearby - turn to 119. If you kill them, turn to 224.
.....WHERE'S THE KITTY????

Awfully puny weak enemies....been some time since we last saw one, and now we got six! They are so getting creamed....

Strategies?

Adventure Sheet:

WARRIOR:
NAME: Dame Caecilia Wither-Stoat

Battle Order: 1

Fighting Prowess: 12
Psychic Ability: 7
Awareness: 8
Endurance: 39/39
Damage: 2 Dice +4 (+3 from Enchanted Sword)

*Extra Notes: Takes no FP/damage penalty when fighting unarmed, +1 Armour Rating from Potentiation on top of normal armour bonus

Items:
1 Enchanted Sword (+3 Damage)
2 Enchanted Chainmail armour (Armour Rating five)
3 Money pouch (98 gold pieces)
4 Silver crucifix (with finger-bone of St Ashanax)
5 Iron Bell
6 Bedroll
7 Shielding Charm (+1 AR)
8 Dog-faced Creature's Spear
9 Ointment of Healing (10 Applications, +2D6 END each)
10 Empty slot
TRICKSTER:
NAME: Benedict of the Crimson Spires, Honourable Duelist

Battle Order: 2

Fighting Prowess: 8 (+1 from Enchanted Sword)
Endurance: 31/31
Damage: 2 Dice

Items:
1 Enchanted Sword (+1 FP)
2 Studded Leather Armour (Armour Rating two)
3 Golden Snuffbox
4 Dervish's scroll
5 Gloves
6 Bow
7 Harp
8 Quiver (6 arrows)
9 Fur Cloak
10 Gilt-edged scroll
*11 Screebo the Raven
SAGE:
NAME: "Pepito" Cascadero, Master of the Mystic Way

Battle Order: 3

Fighting Prowess: 7
Psychic Ability: 8
Awareness: 7
Endurance: 26/26

Items:
1 Quarterstaff
2 Ringmail Armour (Armour Rating two)
3 Seafaring Charts from Hunguk's ship
4 Bedroll
5 Magic Bow (Damage 1 Die+1)
6 Quiver (6 arrows)
7 Skull Amulet
8 Blue Crystal Eyes
9 Money pouch (95 gold pieces)
10 Silver key to Fatima's garden
ENCHANTER:
NAME: Enchanter Reed, Ninth of the Inverted Tower

Battle Order: 4

Fighting Prowess: 1
Psychic Ability: 15 (+1 from Ring of Sorcery)
Damage: 1 Die +2

Items:
1 Brazier
2 Silver armour (Armour Rating two)
3 Bedroll
4 Magical Bread Crust of Infinity
5 Fur Cloak
6 Money pouch (83 gold pieces)
7 Ring of Sorcery (+1 PA)
8 Iron rations (7 days)
9 Amber Tinderbox
10 Empty slot
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Drop Deliverance, cast Sheet Lightning, Nemesis Bolt, and Swordthrust. Then laugh maniacally.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

It doesn't even seem worth wasting arrows on them. I'll just walk up and smack the closest one with my quarterstaff.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Oh man, after exploiting down so many BAMFs last book, it's refreshing to revel in Kiki's literal invulnerability to these assholes. I'll soften one up for the lightning, then wade in and mop up any who survive it.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Starmaker has said that he'll be away, so I guess we can proceed with him attacking.....

COMBAT LOG:
Round 1 ... FIGHT!

Awareness 8 acts ...

Warrior fights Magsman#1. Damage = 5+4-1 = 8. Magsman#1 has 7 EN left.

Trickster fights Magsman#1. Roll = 5 (Hit!). Damage = 7-1 = 6. Magsman#1 has 1 EN left.

Enchanter attempts to cast Sheet Lightning. Roll = 9+4 = 13. (Failure!)

Awareness 7 acts ...

Sage fights Magsman#2. Roll = 9 (Miss!).

Magsman#1 fights Trickster. Roll = 7+1 = 8 (Miss thanks to Dodging!).

Magsman#2 fights Enchanter. Roll = 7 (Hits!). Damage = 1-2 = No Damage!

Magsman#3 waits.

Magsman#4 waits.

Magsman#5 waits.

Magsman#6 waits.

Quick Thinking bonus:

Trickster fights Icon. Magsman#1. Roll = 7 (Hit!). Magsman#1 is killed.

Round 2 ...

Awareness 8 acts ...

Warrior waits.

Trickster waits.

Enchanter attempts to cast Sheet Lightning. Roll = 5+4-1 = 8. (Success!) Magsman#2 takes 8 damage and has 7 END left. Magsman#3 takes 9 damage and has 6 END left. Magsman#4 takes 8 damage and has 7 END left. Magsman#5 takes 7 damage and has 8 END left. Magsman#6 takes 3 damage and has 12 END left.

Awareness 7 acts ...

Sage fights Magsman#2. Roll = 5 (Hits!). Damage = 5-1 = 4. Magsman#2 has 3 END left.

Magsman#2 fights Sage. Roll = 11 (Miss!).

Magsman#3 Moves to engage Warrior and Trickster, because he's stupid (and because there's no options for NPCs to flee no matter how much sense it may make).

Magsman#4 moves up behind Magsman#3.

Magsman#5 & #6 likewise move forward like the idiots that they're forced to be.

Round 3 ...

Awareness 8 acts ...

Warrior fights Magsman#3. Damage = 6+4-1 = 9. Magsman#3 is killed.

Trickster waits.

Enchanter attempts to cast Nemesis Bolt (targeting #6, who has the highest END left). Roll = 6+5 = 11. (Success!) Magsman #6 is killed.

Awareness 7 acts ...

Sage fights Magsman#2. Roll = 10 (Miss!).

Magsman#2 fights Sage. Roll = 6 (Hits!). Damage = 1-2 = 0!

Dumbass Magsman#4 Moves to engage Warrior and Trickster.

Magsman#5 shuffles forward like the brainless zombie that he is.

Round 4 ...

Awareness 8 acts ...

Warrior fights Magsman#4. Damage = 9+4-1 = 12. Magsman#4 is killed.

Trickster waits.

Enchanter attempts to cast Swordthrust (targeting #5). Roll = 5+2 = 7. (Success!) Damage = 13+3-1 = 15/ Magsman#5 is killed.

Awareness 7 acts ...

Sage fights Magsman#2. Roll = 6 (Hits!). Damage = 7-1 = 6. Magsman#2 is killed.

Magsman#2 fights Sage. Roll = 5 (Hits!). Damage = 4-2 = 2. Sage has 19 END left.
Dammit, that was so close to a flawless! But that last guy gave Papito a tiny nick right before he dies.
The six rogues lie dead at your feet. You can take their weapons if you wish - also their leather jerkins, which give an Armour Rating of 1. They have six gold pieces among them, no doubt the plunder of a less fortunate victim earlier this evening.

Summoning the landlord to have the bodies removed, you go back to sleep. The sun is already rising when you awake and, realising you are late, you gulp back mouthfuls of breakfast while pulling on your clothes. Each wounded player recovers 1 Endurance point for the meal, plus Endurance equal to half his or her rank (rounding fractions up) for the night's rest.

As you leave the inn, the landlord rushes up with another man at his side. 'My brother here is a collector and dealer in curios - ' he begins. As you
brush him aside, he adds: 'Magical curios.'

If you want to see what the man has for sale, turn to 103. If you think you had better hurry to board the ship, turn to 506.
And the Sage is back to full END again almost immediately.

They didn't even tell us what kind of weapons those guys were using, but I doubt they're worth looting, since no bonus is mentioned. Warrior and Trickster already have weapons with bonus, and I rather doubt any of them were using quarterstaffs.

Their armour is crappier than ours, so only the gold is worth looting. Split between Warrior, Sage and Enchanter (2 each), since Trickster has not money pouch.

Shall we look at the shopping list or not?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I doubt we'll have enough to buy the curios and get passage on the ship, but let's check the shop out anyways.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Dammit, there's the money sink. Sure, look at the shinies.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Very well,' you say to the landlord's brother'. 'Let's see what you have.'

'At once,' he says, nodding obsequiously. He calls to a couple of slaves, who carry forward a large chest and open it. 'Look at this magnificent talisman,' he says as he takes out a large blue jewel. 'It is the fabled Amulet of Safe Voyaging and it will protect you from shipwreck. This gold torc, on the other hand, belonged to a jarl of ancient Thuland; it wards against spells of control and command. And these four swords - which I can only sell as a set, observe the bimetallic strapwork on the hilts and scabbards - these four swords were enchanted by the wizard Mathor at Wayland's Smithy, and always strike mightily at their wielder's foes.'

If you wish to purchase any of these, turn to 123. If you demand a demonstration, turn to 297. If you aren't interested in his wares, you had better go to the quay and board your ship - turn to 506.
Buy or not? Ask for demo or not?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I'm pretty sure this whole thing is a scam, which means watching them scramble to demo them will be entertaining.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Agreed.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

He is quite happy to comply. 'Of course,' he explains with a jovial laugh, 'I cannot easily demonstrate the amulet or the tore. However...' He claps his hands and one of the slaves lifts a large shield out of the chest.

'Is this shield also magical?' you ask.

He draws one of the four swords. 'No, it is only ordinary iron and wood. Nonetheless, watch this.' He swings at the shield - which is still held by the cringing slave - and the blow splinters it effortlessly. The slave gives out a wail and presses a rag to a deep gash in his arm.

'You see?' he says, wiping the sword with a cotton pad before returning it to its scabbard. 'If it can perform so well in my hands - I, who have never fought in my life - how much better it will perform in yours.'

If you don't want to buy any of his items, then you may as well go and join your ship - turn to 506. If you wish to make a purchase, turn to 123. If the Enchanter is here and wants to try a spell, he or she should turn to 94.
Unfortunately, there's no option for an magic-enhanced Warrior to smash one of the shields with her bare hands to prove that they're phony.

Normally, I'd wait for the Enchanter to vote whether he wants to take he special option, but the only other options are to buy or not to buy, so there seems no reason not to get some extra info before deciding....

ENCHANTER:
[A hastily cast spell of Detect Enchantment tells you that all the items are non-magical fakes. If you have any companions, it is up to you whether you let them know about this.]
Well, it tells us to go to 123 after that option....
'Naturally, quality comes at a price and my prices are therefore not cheap,' he says with an apologetic smile. 'The Amulet of Safe Voyaging is thirty gold pieces - but what a negligible sum for peace of mind! The Torc of Indomitable Will is thirty-five gold pieces. And for the set of four swords I mast ask one hundred and fifty gold pieces.'

Decide which item(s) you will buy, if any, and cross off the money. Once you have recorded any purchases on your Character Sheet(s), you had better hurry to the quay before the ship sails without you.
.....and it turns out to be a waste of time either way, because whether they're genuine or not we can't afford any of the items if we want to save enough money for the ship!
If your voyage was arranged by a letter from Sir Tobias to the captain, turn to 445. If you are paying your way, are you intending to travel aboard the Providence, or the Golden Lance?
Golden Lance it is!
'You have the sum we agreed on?' says Silthor, shaking hands as you step onto the deck.

If you can pay him two hundred and fifty gold pieces, cross off this sum and turn to 304. If not, turn to 454.
We can, and we're now left with 26 gold after paying it!
This is one of the few situations where it's an instant Game Over if we can't manage to get a ship to Entasius!
We can now empty 2 of the money pouches we have, which is just as well in case we need to drop items to free up equipment slots. I won't cross of the pouches just yet since you might want to keep them if we run into large amount of gold that we need to carry later.

Who volunteers to carry the remaining 26 gold?
The Golden Lance rocks gently as the anchor is raised and the sails unfurled. She is a carvel-built cog with a single square sail, capable of making good headway if the wind is favourable, and you should reach Entasius's island within a month. The sailors give high-spirited cries as they scull her out of the harbour. You wonder whether Silthor has told them yet about the long detour the ship will be taking on her haul back to Ferromaine.

Once beyond the harbour walls, her sail catches the wind and she is soon ploughing through the waves. Silthor approaches, his face suffused with the exhilaration all sailors feel on returning to the sea. He has another man with him, whom he introduces as the quartermaster, Lokven.

If the Warrior is here, turn to 189. If the party does not include a warrior, turn to 20.

Oooh, rare Warrior option!
Lokven shows you to your cabin - a cramped space under the poop deck, barely three metres square. Measured against the typical standards of shipboard accommodation, it is the height of luxury. Turning a yellow-toothed grin at you, he says: 'The captain requests that you join him for a drink in his cabin at sundown. Perhaps he'll wish to discuss your destination - but it is not for me, whom he treats like a mushroom, to be privy to such secrets.'

'Indeed it is not!' you tell the insidious fellow. 'Be off with you.'

If you bought four magic swords from the landlord's brother at The Heart of the Sunrise inn, turn to 302. If you bought the Torc of Indomitable Will, turn to 294. If you didn't make either purchase, turn to 170.
If we bought the items we wouldn't have been able to afford this ship's passage.
Anyway....the Warrior special option here means that we get better accommodation compared to parties without the Warrior. One of the few instances where the author remembers that the Warrior is of a comparatively higher social standing than most other characters in this world. It's doesn't affect much other than the rate at which we get to heal during the travels, though.
Off to meet the captain we go! Le's hope he doesn't treat us "like a mushroom". Whatever that's supposed to mean, it doesn't sound pleasant!
The ship sails north by north-west, making good headway with the strong following wind. As the sun sinks off the port bow, you make your way to Silthor's cabin.

Over a tot of brandy he discusses the ship's course with you. 'We cannot be sure exactly where Entasius's island lies,' he says. 'Once we reach the Sea of Mists I am prepared to devote six days to trying to find it. If we don't sight land in that time, we'll have to resume our voyage to Ferromaine where you can look for another ship.'

What will you reply?

'That is not our bargain. You will find Entasius's island, be it a task of six days or six hundred.'? Or

'Yes, of course, captain. That sounds eminently reasonable.'?
Accept his bargain?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'd tell the guy to go fuck himself. But I'm not sure if it's just Kiki talking to the captain or if the whole gang's there.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I don't see any reason to aggravate this guy now, but that's based on the theory that we could 'alter the deal' later if need be, which I'm not sure we can. So yeah, I'm a highborn warrior who does as she likes, and he's a filthy merchant who also does as I like.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Sure, check out the infomercial.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Shiritai wrote:Sure, check out the infomercial.
I'm actually not sure what you're referring to with this post....

Fortunately, the Sage and the Warrior seem to agree on what to say, so we can go ahead with rejecting the captain's offer.
Silthor is rather put out by your manner. He was on the point of refilling the glasses, but instead he frowns and recorks the bottle. 'Aye, well ...' he says slowly. 'We will see about that when we reach the Sea of Mists.'

Sensing that you have outstayed your welcome, you leave his cabin and avoid him for the next few days.
Nooooooo! You missed the opportunity for more booze! That was clearly the worst vote you'd ever made!!!! :tongue:
If you have the codeword FLAG, turn to 419. If not, turn to 490.
Nope.
You get the codeword if there's no Warrior in the party and we get the more crappy cabin.
In the comfort of your small cabin you are able to get to plenty of rest, as there is little for you to do throughout the voyage apart from your daily regimen of exercise and combat practice. Any wounded player can restore his or her Endurance score to its normal level.
So many opportunity to get healed....we could really have used that in the last book. So far we've had only one tiny opportunity to get hurt at all in this book.
Some three weeks out from Crescentium, you awaken to sounds of commotion out on deck. Emerging into the sunshine, you see the sailors crowding along the starboard rail and, shielding your eyes against the glare of the sunrise, you peer across the waves. There you see a ship with sails of scarlet cloth - sails which are lowered and furled while she lies at rest in the gentle breeze.

'Could she be a ghost ship' muses Silthor as you step onto the poop deck beside him. 'I've heard many a tale of vessels deserted by their crews, left to ride the sea at the wind's whim ...'

If you suggest going alongside to investigate, turn to 377. If you suggest that he sail past as quickly as possible, turn to 281.
Investigate the ghost ship?

Oh, and since no one volunteered, I gave the leftover 26 gold to Reed, since he's the only one who didn't vote for the Golden Lance earlier. Let me know if you prefer a change.

Adventure Sheet:

WARRIOR:
NAME: Dame Caecilia Wither-Stoat

Battle Order: 1

Fighting Prowess: 12
Endurance: 39/39
Damage: 2 Dice +4 (+3 from Enchanted Sword)

*Extra Notes: Takes no FP/damage penalty when fighting unarmed, +1 Armour Rating from Potentiation on top of normal armour bonus

Items:
1 Enchanted Sword (+3 Damage)
2 Enchanted Chainmail armour (Armour Rating five)
3 Money pouch (empty)
4 Silver crucifix (with finger-bone of St Ashanax)
5 Iron Bell
6 Bedroll
7 Shielding Charm (+1 AR)
8 Dog-faced Creature's Spear
9 Ointment of Healing (10 Applications, +2D6 END each)
10 Empty slot
TRICKSTER:
NAME: Benedict of the Crimson Spires, Honourable Duelist

Battle Order: 2

Fighting Prowess: 8 (+1 from Enchanted Sword)
Endurance: 31/31

Items:
1 Enchanted Sword (+1 FP)
2 Studded Leather Armour (Armour Rating two)
3 Golden Snuffbox
4 Dervish's scroll
5 Gloves
6 Bow
7 Harp
8 Quiver (6 arrows)
9 Fur Cloak
10 Gilt-edged scroll
*11 Screebo the Raven
SAGE:
NAME: "Pepito" Cascadero, Master of the Mystic Way

Battle Order: 3

Fighting Prowess: 7
Psychic Ability: 8
Awareness: 7

Items:
1 Quarterstaff
2 Ringmail Armour (Armour Rating two)
3 Seafaring Charts from Hunguk's ship
4 Bedroll
5 Magic Bow (Damage 1 Die+1)
6 Quiver (6 arrows)
7 Skull Amulet
8 Blue Crystal Eyes
9 Money pouch (empty)
10 Silver key to Fatima's garden
ENCHANTER:
NAME: Enchanter Reed, Ninth of the Inverted Tower

Battle Order: 4

Fighting Prowess: 1
Psychic Ability: 15 (+1 from Ring of Sorcery)
Damage: 1 Die +2

Items:
1 Brazier
2 Silver armour (Armour Rating two)
3 Bedroll
4 Magical Bread Crust of Infinity
5 Fur Cloak
6 Money pouch (26 gold pieces)
7 Ring of Sorcery (+1 PA)
8 Iron rations (7 days)
9 Amber Tinderbox
10 Empty slot
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

I vote we loot check out the suspicious ship.
SGamerz wrote:Off to meet the captain we go! Le's hope he doesn't treat us "like a mushroom". Whatever that's supposed to mean, it doesn't sound pleasant!
Kept in the dark and fed shit.
Last edited by Shiritai on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Check out the spooky ship.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Can't be more haunted than the last ship we checked out. Go for it.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Silthor is uncertain what to do, but he allows himself to be swayed by your arguments. 'If we avoid this other ship,' you point out, 'then it could lead to all manner of rumours among the men. Even if the ship is deserted, it is better to confront that fact boldly than to let insidious speculation run rife among our crew.'

He fingers his jaw. 'Aye, it may be that you're right. Verrochio -!' he calls to the helmsman. 'Bring her about. We're going alongside.'
The Golden Lance gradually closes on the scarlet-sailed vessel. As you draw nearer, signs of life are spotted aboard. 'She's not a ghost ship after all,' cries a man who has climbed to the crow's-nest. 'See that man at the wheel - and there, two deckhands.'

Nonetheless, you find it eerie the way the other ship seems only to come alive as you approach. The cries of her sailors gradually drift to your ears across the grey swell. By the time you are alongside, dozens of men crowd along her rail calling to you. But you cannot escape a sensation of foreboding.

'Ahoy, Golden Lance,' calls out a man you take to be the ship's captain. 'We're bound for the Sea of Mists. What of you?'

'The Sea of Mists!' says Silthor to you. 'You an continue your journey with them and I can head straight for Ferromaine. What luck!'

If you agree to this, turn to 201. If you refuse to travel in the other ship, turn to 443.
How convenient......

Travel on the strange new ship?