Shin Megami Tensei: Persona the RPG. Who would you do it ?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Alright, come clean: you never actually played Persona 3, did you?
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

I'm replaying it by the third time now.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

If that were true, you would know that social link NPCs are not present when you are fighting.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Depends on the case. The Fool, for e.g., is your link with Sees team in Persona 3. And Sees members are present while you're fighting.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

silva wrote:In fact, Social Links are such an essential feature of the game that without it, it wouldnt be really a Persona game for me.
Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. There are three Persona games that didn't include the Social Link bullshit, and two that do. Social Links are not a requirement for Persona. Go suck a barrel of cocks and do your fucking research. For the love of $DEITY, please quit shitting up things I enjoy.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Heh. You guys can't have a post without some dramatic swearing, do you ? What's up with that ? Too many soap operas and American TV shows ? Is this it ?

Man, I'm glad I don't watch American TV.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

It seems prudent at this point to remind everybody that when you rage at silva, he does this:

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Honestly, if Social Links are integral to his experience of Persona I can get behind that. I've never played a Persona game that didn't have them, and I think the majority of Persona fans haven't. I actually do think a hypothetical RPG should have something called Social Links, they just probably shouldn't be that big a deal.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Okay what exactly to you want Social Links to do, Silva? How would this system interact with the other systems of this game?
silva wrote:Heh. You guys can't have a post without some dramatic swearing, do you ? What's up with that ? Too many soap operas and American TV shows ? Is this it ?

Stop being a hypocrite.
Last edited by Leress on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

silva wrote:Heh. You guys can't have a post without some dramatic swearing, do you ? What's up with that ? Too many soap operas and American TV shows ? Is this it ?

Wow, you can't respond to actual criticism of your shitty ideas without resorting to fallacious insults, can you? What's up with that? Too much licking 9-volt batteries and pretending a person's country of origin has anything to do with their intense fucking dislike of you and the fact that your ideas are shitty?

Man, I'm glad I'm not from (Insert silva's country here).
Last edited by RelentlessImp on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Im not being hypocrite, Im stating a fact. We cant have two straight posts around here without at least one having some drama and swearing and offense or, you know, the kind of thing we watch on those exhagerated american TV shows.

Whats up wth that ? Are you guys like that in real life while talking with your friends, wife, mothers, etc ? Honest question. It sure sounds funny as fuck. :mrgreen:
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

Yes. You've been here long enough to know our culture here on the Den is based on taking no bullshit and pointing out bullshit in a quite insulting fashion. If you dislike it, please go fuck yourself.
Then, once you have absorbed the lesson, that your so-called "friends" are nothing but meat sacks flopping around in the fashion of an outgassing corpse, pile all of your dice and pencils and graph-paper in the corner and SET THEM ON FIRE. Weep meaningless tears.

-DrPraetor
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

silva wrote:Im not being hypocrite, Im stating a fact. We cant have two straight posts around here without at least one having some drama and swearing and offense or, you know, the kind of thing we watch on those exhagerated american TV shows.

http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=44 ... ht=#441324

You have done the same thing, that makes you a hypocrite.

Now please answer my question about what you want out of your Social Links system.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

silva wrote:We cant have two straight posts around here without at least one having some drama and swearing and offense or, you know, the kind of thing we watch on those exhagerated american TV shows.
I'm sure he'll never answer. Honestly, its as "dramatic" as you make it, there's no real "drama" here than what you create with dishonesty Silva. Hell, you freak out every time Adults use swear words, so either you live in a PG-Sitcom world where nobody swears, or I assume you're not actually an adult who can comprehend this is how adult talk.

Finally, since you're still trying to pretend you're "new" to talking on forums, and the Gaming Den (like some eternal looping hipster), here's WHY the adults here use swear words. So welcome to the Gaming Den, leave your ego at the door, and be weary of your emotional problems.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Oh come on, everyone, stop pretending that we swear *only* because it's efficient for communication. We also do it because it's funny, and sometimes do it for lulz when it in fact impairs communication. Cursing each other out melodramatically is our thing, and it is pretty formulaic. We have catchphrases like sitcom characters. I said "suck a barrel of cocks" once and we still haven't stopped thinking it's funny. So I'm gonna go ahead and concede that comparing us to TV is pretty accurate. I'm just not going to apologize for liking what I like.