First Gundam model kit I've built in years, the Jahanam

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

First Gundam model kit I've built in years, the Jahanam

Post by OgreBattle »

From the new Gundam series "Reconguista in G", the mecha design is by Street Fighter's Akira Yasuda, characters are by Street Fighter's Kinu Nishimura.

The detail in their 1/144 model kits has gotten way way higher since a decade go, had a lot of fun putting together the grunt mobile suit Jahanam:

http://imgur.com/a/AszoS

I got a Gundam marker (black) to fill in panel lines, turned out a lot better looking than I thought it would.

I'm surprised by how nice it looks with glossy plastic, but have been thinking about spraying it with matte coat to give a painted look.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I love how the cat just doesn't seem to give a shit.

That's really cool, tho. I love the head design; it kinda reminds me of Master Chief's helmet. Actually, the whole thing has a MC vibe going on.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

It looks fucking sweet, man. I always wanted to buy model kits, but that shit is fucking expensive.
Then, once you have absorbed the lesson, that your so-called "friends" are nothing but meat sacks flopping around in the fashion of an outgassing corpse, pile all of your dice and pencils and graph-paper in the corner and SET THEM ON FIRE. Weep meaningless tears.

-DrPraetor