The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
LGBT NPCs in APs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly I don't think malak can fathom that perhaps if people didn't treat trans people as 'outsiders' that they'd fair better.
Finally a thread about fighters!
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember one of the players in my former group once boasted on his facebook that he's played such a variety of gendered and non-gendered beings that he didn't even see the sex of an RPG character. I replied that I didn't think statblocks had genders either. I don't think that's what he meant, and he didn't reply after that.
hyzmarca
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

malak wrote:
TiaC wrote:
deaddmwalking wrote:
All the APs feature a bunch of dungeon crawls, so mounted combat is probably not going to work terribly well. If you want to play with animals, you're best off with a summoner. That way you don't have to explain how you brought your mount up the side of a mountain.

Taking the Narrow Frame on your mount helps a lot.

@Malak: Yes, how dare they add a memorable trait to a NPC. It is after all propaganda to acknowledge the existence of trans people.

I read multiple pathfinder APs, and played some. This is the only one I can remember that not only includes such specific NPC sexual references, but harps about them multiple times.

Anevia can be whatever, but

http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Anevia_Tirabade

there is no sentence in the history part that does not focus on the gender transformation.

Pretending to be a woman while hiding out from the law isn't a transgender thing. It's an sitcom thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosom_Buddies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Doubtfire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Momma%27s_House

Making it permanent using magic is just a fantasy thing.

Last edited by hyzmarca on Fri May 29, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Occluded Sun
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fashions in clothing, hairstyles, and espoused belief come and go. Taking any of them too seriously is an error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: