I just discovered my internet twin

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

I just discovered my internet twin

Post by hyzmarca »

And he's Russian.

I've used hyzmarca for a long time because it was unique. It was just a nonsense word I strong together, and no one else was using it. No one else ever uses it. I had been, to my, knowledge, the only hyzmarca on the internet, which is more than I can say for some people.

But, I just googled myself, looking for an ancient post that I don't even remember which forum I posted on, and I suddenly see a hyzmarca posting about oprinter problems on a Russian discussion board. In Russian.

I don't speak Russian. I can't read Russian. So I'm pretty sure it's not me.

And yet, he even uses my affectation of leaving the first letter lowercase.

It's weird.

Does hyzmarca mean something in Russian that I'm unaware of?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

"хозмаркет" means "Household market." Your internet twin could well be a Russian spambot.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

hyzmarca wrote:Does hyzmarca mean something in Russian that I'm unaware of?
I believe it refers to the sensation one has when they realize that between the seven billion other people they're sharing the planet with they will never be as unique as they think they are.

It's an oddly specific word.
If it's talking about products, it's probably a spam bot using names from a database compiled by other bots crawling through other forums for the purposes of collecting names that sound like they were plausibly made by a human being - by stealing names that actually were, in fact, made by human beings.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Mon May 18, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Ancient History wrote:"хозмаркет" means "Household market." Your internet twin could well be a Russian spambot.
Doubtful. "hyzmarca" sounds nothing like "хозмаркет".

To make you even more terrified, hyzmarca has apparently been translating oWoD Kindred of the East.

EDIT: "hyzmarca" may mean something in Ukrainian. Apparently there is a ukrainian user named hyzmarca.
Last edited by Longes on Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:"хозмаркет" means "Household market." Your internet twin could well be a Russian spambot.
It's not a spambot. It was a "my printer's not working, what do I do?" post. I think. According to Google Translate. On a tech support forum about printers.

Apparantly, the guy's printer can't detect any paper, even though the paper tray if full.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

Hyzmarca means nothing in Ukrainian, no more so than it does in Russian.
Then, once you have absorbed the lesson, that your so-called "friends" are nothing but meat sacks flopping around in the fashion of an outgassing corpse, pile all of your dice and pencils and graph-paper in the corner and SET THEM ON FIRE. Weep meaningless tears.

-DrPraetor