Moments When Designers Clearly Weren't Talking To Each Other

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Moments When Designers Clearly Weren't Talking To Each Other

Post by Prak »

So, Player's Guide to Faerun has the feat "Magical Artisan." You pick an item creation feat to piggyback it to, and it reduces the cost of items you make with that feat by 25%

Kind of a shittier version of Eberron's Extraordinary Artisan, right?

Except Extraordinary Artisan and it's siblings ARE FUCKING ITEM CREATION FEATS.

Fucking PGtF and Eberron Campaign Setting were published two months apart. They were clearly in the production pipeline, and no one fucking thought maybe there should be some clarification? Or the Eberron cost reducers maybe shouldn't be Item Creation feats?

What the fuck? Were they just doing mountains of crack at WotC?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Wikipedia has an article on such moments: Here it is
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Thu May 07, 2015 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Josh_Kablack wrote:Wikipedia has an article on such moments: Here it is
Ah, I think you meant this one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... ld,_Part_I
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x