Phoenix: Dawn Command

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

silva
Duke

Phoenix: Dawn Command

Post by silva »

Kickstarter is up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tw ... f=gamerati

So, card based. The more you die the stronger you get ( but your maximum lives are 7 ). Bronze Agesque aesthetics. From the author of Eberron and "Gloom".
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

I saw the title and really hoped it was a cleaning up of the Pheonix Command ruleset. But no, just another heartbreaker. This time with dying on purpose and cards.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

silva, it's time to stop shilling Kickstarters.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

He does it because he's getting responses. If you stop responding, he'll probably stop posting them.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

Blasted wrote:I saw the title and really hoped it was a cleaning up of the Pheonix Command ruleset. But no, just another heartbreaker. This time with dying on purpose and cards.
Any deck building game could be, in theory, construed as "dying makes you stronger".

For example: Dominion. Each time you shuffle your deck the current generation of the head of the noble family you're supposed to be playing dies, and the heir inherits greater power/land/wealth by shuffling the deck and folding in the last generation's acquisitions.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

RelentlessImp wrote:silva, it's time to stop shilling Kickstarters.
Or at least to keep such shilling to one of the appropriate already extant Kickstarter shilling threads.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Sorry, didn't know those existed.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen