[IC]Princes of the City

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

(The name of the driver taking Ia/Cornrows/Max(?) is Steven, and in the back of the SUV would be some basic weaponry (pistol or two, shotgun, bunch'a road flares).)
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

radthemad4 wrote:Seth will look up more info on her daughter. He'll also look up the significance of her title, 'Gorgoneion'. He'll check if there are any cellphones being carried by the Assamites Suzanne is with and if so, go through them.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

radthemad4 wrote: Seth will look up more info on her daughter. He'll also look up the significance of her title, 'Gorgoneion'. He'll check if there are any cellphones being carried by the Assamites Suzanne is with and if so, go through them.
The daughter is in her senior year at Eagles Landing High School in McDonough, Georgia - name, Lilith Dumont (her father's parents' name).

The "Gorgoneion" was an ancient Greek amulet of a gorgon's head, famous from the Aegis of Athena; however in Kindred parlance it bespeaks of one who is related to, or comparable with, the Lamia, an extinct bloodline of warrior-women tied to the ancient Clan of Death, and supposedly Lilith-worshippers.

The Assamites carry no phones or other electronic devices as far as Seth can tell. Based on the position of Suzanne's phone, however, they will be at the Dairy in roughly ten minutes.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Verge texts Seth "I need the daughter's email address. Don't ask why.

"On second thought, faster if you do it. I have a file on my computer, FTM.zip. Attach it to an email to her, along with casenotes.txt, and everything you've dredged up about Eris. Program it to automatically send to the daughter in half an hour if it isn't stopped. I have a program on my computer to do that, just in case. Never needed it."
Last edited by hyzmarca on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Vincent suddenly texts "I lost her, I just lost her." Seconds later, Ia and Max's SUV arrives at the employee parking lot for the Dairy, and Verge arrives moments after that.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"I'll see if I can get it."

If successful,

"Done. I can stop it with a thought if necessary."

Seth will also look into the deaths in Eris's family, and try to gauge if she was likely to be responsible.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Verge texts: "Lost her probably means tunnel. She wouldn't want to do in the front way. Too much chance of being spotted."

Verge takes a second to distribute 6 grenades each to Max and Ia.

"White Phosphorus, burns like a motherfucker. Don't bother going for direct hits, close counts. Make sure you're not in range. You don't have to kill her, use them to limit her mobility and buy time and keep her away from you."

Then he attaches a detonator to a piece of detcord, plugs it into a block of RDX, and pairs it to a dead-man's trigger before zipping the duffle bag back up and into the dairy with it.

Along the way he asks Kel to show him her hiding spot.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

Ia feeds on Cornrows as we travel for two points of blood. Then bites his wrist, drawing blood and feeds her a point back. After the damage she's been through she should be hungry for it.

As Verge is preparing his explosives Ia will tell him as he works, "Your bravery is admirable but you don't have to go in there. You're still a young kindred."
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Shady314 wrote:Ia feeds on Cornrows as we travel for two points of blood. Then bites his wrist, drawing blood and feeds her a point back. After the damage she's been through she should be hungry for it.

As Verge is preparing his explosives Ia will tell him as he works, "Your bravery is admirable but you don't have to go in there. You're still a young kindred."

"It's not about bravery, Ia. It's about knowing. There's worse things than being a haint. It's just another adventure."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

At the Dairy
Vincent texts: "She went into the woods. Pursuing on feet."

The cows low gently, and a gentle breeze is blowing. The clouds uncover the face of the moon. After several tense minutes of waiting, a figure slips from the surrounding trees, her boots crunching on the gravel of the employee parking lot. You had all seen her pictures before, but her face is difficult to describe. The normally impassive mask is broken, the straight lines of the tattoos across her broad cheeks and nose twisted up in the corners in a bloody grin. Her left hand falls to her side, and from it drops a small white statue, the head twisted clean off, the insides hollow.

"Good even, gentlemen."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel texts back to Vincent, "Babe, I love you, but you're dumb. Pursue on wing. You're less likely to die."

Seeing the empty statue fall, Kel merely says "Well, shit. If we survive, dibs on the diablerie."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Shotguns drawn, Clay and Steven flank Stan as the trio enter the Mobile Slaughter Unit, intending to access its cab-mounted megaphone.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Verge disengages the safety on the dead-man's trigger with his left thumb and squeezes it.

"Good evening," he replies as raises the trigger where everyone can see it. "If I drop this, everyone in this parking lot will die. Even with that power-up that you just chugged, there won't be enough left of you to fill a thimble. And if you make any move without my permission, I will drop it, no offense to my friend Ia. I've got more friends than enemies on the other side. I figure you, not so much."

Verge is not bluffing. If she tries to escape or otherwise acts hostile, he will drop it. Unless, of course, she goes fully incorporeal or does something else that would render explosives useless against her.

"The Ass Mites will be here soon. So please, explain to me why the world wouldn't be better off without you in it, tell the whole truth and nothing but. "

If she speaks, Verge uses an Ear for Lies.

He also opens his third eye and reads her aura in an attempt to gauge what that statue did to her.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

"Good, Vergil, good. By dissembling our feelings we keep the strategic edge."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Verge is not bluffing. If she tries to escape or otherwise acts hostile, he will drop it. Unless, of course, she goes fully incorporeal or does something else that would render explosives useless against her.

He also opens his third eye and reads her aura in an attempt to gauge what that statue did to her.
Verge sees her aura shot through with black veins, which seem to writhe and move like arteries attached to a great, slow-beating heart. Then he sees it blur.
Eris smile doesn't change, but her outline seems to waver and blur, the tiniest movement leaving after images.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

"You should have a doctor take a look at that, it doesn't seem healthy."

Verge waves the trigger around far too flippantly for safety.

"Why don't I start the conversation, then. What's you're favorite pony? Mine's Pinky Pie. I just love parties. Can't get enough of them. And her enthusiasm is just so adorable. I wish I could have half as much energy as she does."

It's probably a bad idea, but Verge also uses telepathy on her, in an attempt to get a handle on her thoughts.

"Does your daughter like My Little Pony? I know she's a bit old for it, but it does have quite a following among teens and young adults."
Last edited by hyzmarca on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Eris stops blurring. Then she notices Cornrows.

"Cease your pathetic macho bullshit. I'm about to leave your city. I'm taking my daughters with me. There's no reason for us to fight."
It's probably a bad idea, but Verge also uses telepathy on her, in an attempt to get a handle on her thoughts.
Eris thinks she's already disabled your dead man's trigger at super speed, and you're too stupid to have noticed it yet. She's also worried about Cornrows and the others, though not as much as she probably should be. The guns and explosives don't scare her, but the ghoulbear is a surprise, and she isn't keen on tangling with the Assamites, even with the blood of Amarok running through her.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

"They're not your daughters, and you don't have the right to take them anywhere. A parent is supposed to protect her children. You used them as tools. You killed Rosa. Those girls have real parents who are worried sick about them."

"Right now I just want to talk, which you should have done when you first arrived. We could have shared. I personally wouldn't have drank that blood, because I think it's an incredibly stupid thing to do, but I'm sure that there was enough to go around and we could have done serious research on it instead of chugging strange blood on the run like an idiot. Instead you murdered innocent people. And the sad thing is, we can still work out an arrangement, if you'd just give us a good reason to, beyond your own macho posturing. Why did you kill Rosa? And what did you do with the ghosts you took?"

Verge is still reading her mind.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel leans towards Verge and whispers "so, how's that kill it with fire plan coming?"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

While Clay starts the truck, Stan simultaneously turns on the cab's external speaker and the charm (spend a point on Awe, so as to not be especially overt) as he intersperses threats betwixt his sonic velvet:

"Ms. Stephanopolous, we cotton to the Traditions in this town. I don't need to quote them for you to recognize you've rejected our notions of Hospitality, and look as if ready to attack us now. Your group is currently in mortal custody because the member you see before you thought it wise to kick off a face I chose to wear. I fervently hope you prove more prudent than her and address the concerns brought to us by the respectable Children of Haqim, at which time your Daughters can be released to you with our gratitude, and your ghoul's insult forgiven."
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"You were with the Sabbat right? I remember what that was like. The Camarilla aren't perfect, but then again, we're not the Cam even though we do have a perfunctory relationship. You've currently got two bullseyes on your back and you're now getting a chance to get rid of one. We've got resources. If you cooperate, we can guarantee the well being of your daughters, biological or otherwise."

Seth will have repeatedly used Analyze till he had gotten full understanding of the rocket launcher (need five successes with 10 die vs Difficulty 4).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

hyzmarca/Verge wrote:"Why did you kill Rosa? And what did you do with the ghosts you took?"
Using his telepathy, Verge gets flashes from her mind - the dark saint she couldn't coerce or bluff into doing her bidding - hacker ghosts mapping out the coterie's entire computer network, listening in on their phone calls, tracking their information...she's been snooping on you this entire time and oh shit the ghosts are still there, sitting in the servers, waiting for the order to kill it all...
She looks like she's about to speak, when Stan's speaker barks.
"Ms. Stephanopolous, we cotton to the Traditions in this town. I don't need to quote them for you to recognize you've rejected our notions of Hospitality, and look as if ready to attack us now. Your group is currently in mortal custody because the member you see before you thought it wise to kick off a face I chose to wear. I fervently hope you prove more prudent than her and address the concerns brought to us by the respectable Children of Haqim, at which time your Daughters can be released to you with our gratitude, and your ghoul's insult forgiven."
The mention of the Assamites brings a visible hiss, breaking her calm demeanor. Seth steps into the break with his speech.
rathemad4/Seth wrote:Seth will have repeatedly used Analyze till he had gotten full understanding of the rocket launcher (need five successes with 10 die vs Difficulty 4).
Seth accumulates the successes in two rolls; he could disassemble the thing and reassemble it blindfolded at this point.
Finally, she clenches her fists and bares her teeth. "I don't have time for any of this..."

"No, Little Mother. You do not."

The speaker's voice is cultivated, with only the tiniest hints of accents - Russian, Japanese, and something else. He steps from the shadows, dressed in rough home-made clothes of leather and fur that he wears with all the dignity of an emperor in his finest. His head is shaven, though he has about an inch of beard, and his dark skin and eyes mark him as Siberian, or Native Alaskan, though there's little difference between the two. Beside him, two other figures, dressed in black seal-skin ponchos and bearing strange hooked knives move to block off her retreat into the woods.

Up above, a raven surveys the scene. There is the approaching sound of a helicopter.

"The Council of the Camarilla wishes to make you an offer, Little Mother." The Siberian goes on. He spreads his hands. "Join us, and all your sins will be forgiven. A renegade from the Sabbat...quite a prize, don't you think? Besides, have you not already got what you wish from this place? Honor your blood. See reason, Little Mother."

Eris seems frozen, a rictus mask on her face, eyes darting from one potential foe to the next.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel will step forward, Ursula following, but staying behind and a good distance back. "Look, Eris, you've got death looking at you, what, five ways here? Sure, you might be fast enough to escape one, maybe two, but all of it? You'd have to be damned lucky. Just give it up. Join our coterie. Help us. And survive." If there's some phrase that is distinctly Lilithian, but not obviously so, Kel will work that into his mini speech as well, to show her she's not the only heretic there.
(Manipulation+Expression? 4 dice)

Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

Things are looking pretty climactic so Ia spends a blood point and attempts to focus his mind, boosting his initiative so he can keep from being caught unawares.

Ia places his left hand on Cornrows shoulder. "Do it for your daughters sake if not your own."
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Verge does not trust her to properly disarm the trigger at superspeed, so he carefully turns it off and palms a grenade.