Testing Post? My text isn't displaying for some raisin.

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Judging__Eagle
Prince

Testing Post? My text isn't displaying for some raisin.

Post by Judging__Eagle »

For some reason a post that I edited in the In The Trenches forum is showing up blank, as is a copy-pasta and repost that I made.

Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Stahlseele
King

Re: Testing Post? My text isn't displaying for some raisin.

Post by Stahlseele »

Judging__Eagle wrote:For some reason a post that I edited in the In The Trenches forum is showing up blank, as is a copy-pasta and repost that I made.

What I was trying to post below
A better plan would be to have the "media venture" be an "animal documentary" company. The strapping of cameras to animals is the 'cover', because the footage of birds flight from their point of view is breathtaking and entertaining (example: [url]https://youtu.be/G3QrhdfLCO8[/url)

There are no unsolvable problems, only sufficiently misunderstood ones.

Also, hiding in plain sight is better than behind a curtain, because people love to peek behind curtains; and are totally unphased by "routine" things no matter how weird they really are.

Which is why I suggested developing a way to "normalize" Kel's military assets with an other character who is able to make the inhabitants of town say "oh look, it's so-and-so with their strange, but routine, and totally normal bear friend(s), whom they take care of as part of theis business." Specifically because it does two things that Kel (or the group at large) can't currently accomplish:

A) Give any sort of cover story for his souped-up ghoul and vicissitude'd bear lover for when he's doing an operation in town (e.g. "oh you're just bullshitting, there's no such thing as monster bears, you must have been drunk and seen so-and-so's bears when they were in town"). Having a way for (military) assets to actually be at a location matters more than having unstoppable assets in the first place.

B) Give a reason that won't raise suspicion when the coterie needs to bring the hammer down on people who they will no longer tolerate (e.g. any illicit non-masquerade faction sends some goons to mess with any existing group Resources in Juneau, and "just by chance" an other local "bumps into them", with their bear employee(s); "I guess we were at the right place, at the right time" (despite the fact that micro-camera'd ravens providing town-wide oversight combined with cellphones or high-gain military surplus radios to co-ordinate coterie members based on said visual oversight).

A wildlife conservationist character could be something I'd ask Ancient_History to play as. Since Kel (or a daytime capable asset)already has a setup to manage stuff from a remote location, they'd be an ideal fit to manage an aerial panopticon. They could keep tabs on camera feeds, notice anything out of the ordinary that facial recognition software notes as the groups means to keep tabs on the total population of the town (the better to blackmail and control the mortals; their criminal and other clandestine activities during the day would be otherwise impossible to leverage against them) and communication to in-town members (or simply the Juneau police) of potential incidents to be defused in town.

Having an "animal rescue" service run by the group would mean that the towns population is passively feeding the group more potential animal recruits; as well as give a good cover if anything happens to existing camera'd bird assets that might be recovered by town members.
this one is blank for me as well, i had to quote it to be able to read it O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

err . . ok so THIS POST WORKS . .
The one above this one where i posted his invisible post also made my text that i wrote outside the quote tags invisible . . interesting . .
Last edited by Stahlseele on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Here's your problem.

(example: [url]https://youtu.be/G3QrhdfLCO8[/url)
erik
King

Post by erik »

In the above post I included the part that causes invisible text: an improperly closed url tag
Maj
Prince

Re: Testing Post? My text isn't displaying for some raisin.

Post by Maj »

Judging__Eagle wrote:For some reason a post that I edited in the In The Trenches forum is showing up blank, as is a copy-pasta and repost that I made.

What I was trying to post below
A better plan would be to have the "media venture" be an "animal documentary" company. The strapping of cameras to animals is the 'cover', because the footage of birds flight from their point of view is breathtaking and entertaining (example: https://youtu.be/G3QrhdfLCO8

There are no unsolvable problems, only sufficiently misunderstood ones.

Also, hiding in plain sight is better than behind a curtain, because people love to peek behind curtains; and are totally unphased by "routine" things no matter how weird they really are.

Which is why I suggested developing a way to "normalize" Kel's military assets with an other character who is able to make the inhabitants of town say "oh look, it's so-and-so with their strange, but routine, and totally normal bear friend(s), whom they take care of as part of theis business." Specifically because it does two things that Kel (or the group at large) can't currently accomplish:

A) Give any sort of cover story for his souped-up ghoul and vicissitude'd bear lover for when he's doing an operation in town (e.g. "oh you're just bullshitting, there's no such thing as monster bears, you must have been drunk and seen so-and-so's bears when they were in town"). Having a way for (military) assets to actually be at a location matters more than having unstoppable assets in the first place.

B) Give a reason that won't raise suspicion when the coterie needs to bring the hammer down on people who they will no longer tolerate (e.g. any illicit non-masquerade faction sends some goons to mess with any existing group Resources in Juneau, and "just by chance" an other local "bumps into them", with their bear employee(s); "I guess we were at the right place, at the right time" (despite the fact that micro-camera'd ravens providing town-wide oversight combined with cellphones or high-gain military surplus radios to co-ordinate coterie members based on said visual oversight).

A wildlife conservationist character could be something I'd ask Ancient_History to play as. Since Kel (or a daytime capable asset)already has a setup to manage stuff from a remote location, they'd be an ideal fit to manage an aerial panopticon. They could keep tabs on camera feeds, notice anything out of the ordinary that facial recognition software notes as the groups means to keep tabs on the total population of the town (the better to blackmail and control the mortals; their criminal and other clandestine activities during the day would be otherwise impossible to leverage against them) and communication to in-town members (or simply the Juneau police) of potential incidents to be defused in town.

Having an "animal rescue" service run by the group would mean that the towns population is passively feeding the group more potential animal recruits; as well as give a good cover if anything happens to existing camera'd bird assets that might be recovered by town members.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

That's what happens when you fix the problem. It's a ) instead of a ] at the end of the tag.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Thanks, I didn't notice I hit the wrong keys when typing it.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.