[IC-Tome] Big Dark Tall Talling Darker Big Tower

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Good idea. Perhaps we should observe what happens to the trapped creatures. We could wait outside invisibly."

(If we go in, that marching order sounds fine)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Megasoma agrees with the marching order
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

"I think waiting and watching their little trap is a fantastic idea but we might as well do a bit of exploration while we're here. I'm sure we'll want to rest soon enough and that's a good thing to set up while we are already set to pass the night. Why don't we head in with the little creature up front to guide us"

Cabe will dismiss his Fly spell and maintain a Summon Undead spell then follow Megasoma through the door.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Cole nods. He summons a Coure (duration 2 minutes), casts Continual Flame on it and asks it to lead the way. He also summons a Shadow Celestial Bison to cover the rear.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Okay what actual instructions do you give to the creatures walking in front of you. If you are going to be using summoned creatures all the time for everything you can save me a lot of time by giving the specific instructions you are giving to them instead of saying something general like "they dig" or "let's have then go in front of us."
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

((I am down with that marching order.))

Gertrude reclaims her ladle, abandons her brew and follows after Cole through the door. Upon seeing the bison following behind her, she elects to transform into an owl to take advantage of its superior hearing and vision.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Cole covers everyone (except the Coure) with invisibility spheres. Since the hole seems to be large enough, he brings his phantom steed with him. He uses Major Image (concentrates as a move action while riding the steed) to replicate a Mirror Image effect with four images on the Coure Eladrin.)

To the Coure, "Fly 60 ft straight ahead (move action) and let Cabe know what you see. Listen to him for further instructions. Ignore the copies of you."

To the bison, "Follow me." (it has scent, so the invisibility shouldn't be an issue)

(I'd like to take 10 on Knowledge checks, Arcana: +12 (22) and Architecture and Engineering: +8 (18) on the entrance and the tower itself. Should we link to invisible castle for rolls, or will you handle all of them?)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

I'll tell the Skeleton to follow after the Eladrin 30ft behind and then I will communicate with the eladrin. Mostly I'm going to have her move forward at a walking pace telling me anything she sees that is noteworthy or to stop if she sees something worth investigating, the skeleton will follow her at her pace and we will follow the skeleton.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

The Coure reports that there is more corridor.

Saves me the trouble of rolling for you if you link them, but I'll still be doing reactive rolls for you. Your architecture tells you "uh... this thing might be stable if it was solid, but beyond that I can't tell, and there is probably magic involved."

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Gertrude casts Detect Magic, examining the walls and the way ahead.

E: After turning back, of course, because spells don't work if you're a bird.
Last edited by Grek on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Grek wrote:Gertrude casts Detect Magic, examining the walls and the way ahead.

E: After turning back, of course, because spells don't work if you're a bird.
You see that the interior is bumpy, and that while the main structure appears to be obsidian, you see lots of tiny little bumps of a black metal sticking out of the walls.

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

"Seeing some metal poking out of the wall. Not obviously magical. Have one of the summons touch it?"
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Cole nods and asks the Bison to put a hoof on the wall.

(Dean, the Coure has Detect Magic and Detect Evil. I'd recommend advising it to use them)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I suppose I was not sufficiently clear. They are very small, and there are lots, and they are everywhere, to even walk you would have to touch them, and the bison's hoof would probably touch at least 5-6 of them no matter where he puts his hoof. Nothing happens when you walk on them or the Bison touches them.

Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Yeah have the eladrin use its detect magic as it goes down. Continue moving down the hall at the same rate in the same order until something is worth reporting in or we all get through to the other side
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

OOC
One little wall of reset Sepia Snake Sigil Traps and you guys think this is trap dungeon and go all Detect Traps on me.
Two minutes later, your summon reports back that it is at a ledge into a room.
Last edited by Kaelik on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Dismiss my skeleton. Walk forward till were where the eladrin is and move towards the room until we see anything worthwhile.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Assume Owl Form before swooping right on in.

"Caww!"
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Kaelik wrote:OOC
One little wall of reset Sepia Snake Sigil Traps and you guys think this is trap dungeon and go all Detect Traps on me.
Two minutes later, your summon reports back that it is at a ledge into a room.
OoC
Summons last two minutes and I don't explicitly recall just replacing it with another one. Clearly it's a doppelganger wizard using an image spell to make it look like it's still there and baiting us into a trap and not Kaelik ignoring that aspect for the sake of moving this along faster.
Cole moves along with the others.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Well children. You now stand on a ledge, looking down over a room. I'm going to give you the entire map of the room, because there is no way for me to give you only part of the map on the program I have. I do this even though you are all blatant metagamers. You can see however far you can see, and each square is 5ft. The ceiling is about 10ft above you, and the drop is about 60ft straight down. One the ground, you see a wide current of water flowing together down the tunnel.

Feel free to move all your characters around, and once you have move them, post the new link.

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main. ... _id=109632
Last edited by Kaelik on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Cabe casts flight and then floats to the center of the chamber, inspecting his surroundings.

(What makes up the floor? I have 60ft Darkvision)

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main. ... _id=109638
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main. ... _id=109647

Maintaining current height, but flying into the room.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

The floor is made up of a liquid flowing along the ground into the tunnel ahead. Underneath, so far as you can tell it looks the same as everything else.

Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

I would like to dip down and touch the water,investigate it with any relevant knowledge checks. If its unremarkable I'll fly back up and ask if everyone can fly.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(I can summon Hippogryphs which last for two minutes each (summoning more and switching mid air if necessary) so flight won't be an issue. I think all of us can breathe underwater and phantom steeds can water walk, but I'll wait for you to check on whether that's actually ordinary water or not.)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.