Tome Game I Run

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

It's true. I'm totally an animorph.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

What's the haps DM
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Work was worklike for a bit, and my brother lost function in his legs and changed hospitals. This combination moderately effected my free time and how I like to spend it. Expect something later today after I chill in a game of league or two.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Kaelik wrote:my brother lost function in his legs and changed hospitals
That's an extreme event. Has he had longstanding leg injuries or is that a terrifying new development? Either way it's upsetting obviously but one much less so than the other. Feel free to tell me to fuck off as well if you'd like.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Dean wrote:
Kaelik wrote:my brother lost function in his legs and changed hospitals
That's an extreme event. Has he had longstanding leg injuries or is that a terrifying new development? Either way it's upsetting obviously but one much less so than the other. Feel free to tell me to fuck off as well if you'd like.
I mentioned this briefly in the medical advice thread, but basically, about 10 days ago he had back pain, then it got to the point where he realized he had not gone to the bathroom in a long time, and he couldn't when he tried. So he checked into a hospital where they did an MRI, and discovered a big lesion on his spine. Then, while in the hospital after they did a brain MRI for lesions (since they thought it might be MS) and a spinal tap, and decided it was a "spinal infarction" he started to lose function in his legs. At the point where he basically lost all function in both legs, and the doctors where telling us it was the infarction "completing itself" we moved him to another hospital (Houston area, so from a smaller shittier hospital in the suburbs to the medical complex) where the new diagnosis is that he has a congenital bleeding thing that bled into his spinal fluids and that caused him to lose function. Which means we can probably expect a lot of function to recover over the next year or so once the bleeding stops. Currently they are doing some surgical procedures to stop the bleeding.
Last edited by Kaelik on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Cabe has the Travel Domain, will that let him get out of the grapple come my turn?
Last edited by Dean on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

You can automatically succeed on a grapple or escape artist check to escape the grapple on your turn by using a round.

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Are we rolling initiative, or is it "we go, they go"?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Grek wrote:Are we rolling initiative, or is it "we go, they go"?
I rolled init, you all beat the water. So in effect it is you go, they go.

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

How are we doing rolling, do you want us to use invisible castle and post results, or will Kaelik be rolling for the PC's?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Okay yeah, this shit is extremely fucking stupid, how you are abusing level 1 fireball and cone of cold with metamagic feats. So just don't do that.

Edit: Also as I already fucking said, I will make reactionary rolls for you, but for the love of god make your own rolls, so for example, if Dean wasn't an idiot in 5 different ways, he would have rolled his alleged damage (for his action that doesn't occur) and his other action that he didn't declare.

And Ogre should have rolled his goddam attack rolls and damage rolls, thus saving me time, instead of making me look at your posts, get really fucking pissed, and choose to not address it this morning before work.

You fuckers.
Last edited by Kaelik on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Since I am definitely going to continue using the metamagic feats I took on my spells why don't you tell me how you'd prefer those interactions to look
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Kaelik wrote:The water then proceeds to completely ignore all the porpoises, and your imaginary walls, and your invisibility and beat the ever living shit out of specifically you Cole, and I apparently mean that literally because it makes a bunch of attacks and grapples and engulfs your corpse, doing 58 damage. So... do you have any immediate actions?

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main. ... _id=111067
Nope. I am the dead. My own fault for charging forward with a squishy mage. So... should I roll up a new character?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Apologies for not updating my token. I was sure I did that.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

So... I guess RIP. I mean, you could probably be raised, but since it seems like literally 100% of your actions so far have been summoning, and I asked for no minionmancy, if you want another character that might be a good idea.

Uber, for whatever reason that might be a temporary Mythweavers thing, I get an error when I click on your character sheet. But off the top of my head, mindsight is fucking garbage that should never exist.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Dean wrote:Since I am definitely going to continue using the metamagic feats I took on my spells why don't you tell me how you'd prefer those interactions to look
When you are using a class I specifically asked you not to use, in combination with metamagic feats that really don't fit with that class, you could always just treat spells like they are the actual level they would be for a Wizard.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Since Ice9 hasn't said anything else I'll go with force potentate.

If ubernoob's cool with it, I'll play the also amnesiac Shawn Moneybags and show up whenever he does.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ice9
Duke

Post by Ice9 »

radthemad4 wrote:Since Ice9 hasn't said anything else I'll go with force potentate.
Go ahead; the situation at work's still ongoing.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Kaelik wrote: in combination with metamagic feats that really don't fit with that class
I haven't crafted a Rube Goldberg device here, I'm using your metamagic rules for Tome with spheres. If your Tome metamagic rules interact with Spheres in a way you find inherently unacceptable you should revise those rules because Spheres are a fundamental building block in Tome. This isn't a class specific result, core Tome must have at least a dozen Sphere using classes and any one of them would operate identically.

My metamagic will have Fireball be a third level spell, Cone will be 3rd? 4th? I don't have 5th level spells. I'll trade something out for Burning Hands to restock my 1st level evocation.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Dean wrote:
Kaelik wrote: in combination with metamagic feats that really don't fit with that class
I haven't crafted a Rube Goldberg device here, I'm using your metamagic rules for Tome with spheres. If your Tome metamagic rules interact with Spheres in a way you find inherently unacceptable you should revise those rules because Spheres are a fundamental building block in Tome. This isn't a class specific result, core Tome must have at least a dozen Sphere using classes and any one of them would operate identically.

My metamagic will have Fireball be a third level spell, Cone will be 3rd? 4th? I don't have 5th level spells. I'll trade something out for Burning Hands to restock my 1st level evocation.
You are explicitly playing a Rude Goldberg that I crafted. There is a difference between people who get 2 spheres at will at this level, as their entire fucking stick, and you, playing a class that gets that along with buffs and a bunch of other shit because it is a shitty fucking class that I asked you not to fucking use. So yes, if I choose to take away some little thing, like making the spells count as a higher level for combination with metamagic feats, you should just be thanking your lucky fucking stars that I am letting you play the class at all.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Ice9 wrote:
radthemad4 wrote:Since Ice9 hasn't said anything else I'll go with force potentate.
Go ahead; the situation at work's still ongoing.
Thanks. Any suggestions feat/itemwise?

Hey Kaelik, does the Force Companion get iterative attacks? The description says it gets a move action and a standard action, but later mentions being able to trip as an attack action, and using 'successive' attack actions.

This is more of a general rules question, but if the Force Companion lifts an enemy and flies around Megasoma in circles, would he get AoOs on the enemy? Would bullrushing someone through or out of a threatened area provoke AoOs?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Is this feat okay:
Koumei wrote:Deific Attention
You have a friend in high places.

Prerequisite: Worship a specific deity that you don't tend to piss off.

Know (Religion) is always a class skill for you. Additionally, once per day you may cast a single 1st level spell as a spell-like ability. This spell must come from a domain the deity possesses, and if it has any expensive material components or an XP cost, you must still pay it.

4+ ranks of Know (Religion): You gain one Domain power that your deity can grant, using your character level for anything that relies on cleric levels.

9+ ranks of Know (Religion): Your deity can sometimes intervene and save your ass. Once per day, if an attack would reduce you to 0 HP or less, you can elect for your deity to step in and halve the damage. You are still knocked prone, so it looks like you were killed, in case you want to play dead and not attract the wrong kind of attention

14+ ranks of Know (Religion): You now gain an additional spell-like ability once per day. It must also come from a domain list your deity offers, and has the same exception on costs, but it may be of any level up to and including 6th.

19+ ranks of Know (Religion): Once per day, you may smite the enemies of your deity, given some half-assed justification. This grants you a +4 bonus to hit, and deals an additional amount of Holy or Profane damage equal to 3d6 plus your character level plus your Charisma modifier. If this slays the enemy of your deity, they are so pleased that you may, at any point before the end of the day, activate a Heal spell upon yourself.
And this item:
Red_Rob wrote:Magic Clothing [Lesser Magic Item]:
ArmorArmor BonusMax DexACPGold Cost
Magic Clothes+2-08,000gp

Your pants, your shirt, and your socks exude magic. Truth be told, it's mostly your pants.
Magic Clothing provides a +2 circumstance bonus to Charisma based checks
Scaling bonus: Magic Clothing has a +1/3 levels enhancement bonus to AC
Magic Ability: Magic Clothing provides a +1/3 levels deflection bonus to AC