Princes of the City: Anyone Want to Bite?

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Yeah, the mummy's an NPC. Think of it this way, though: now you know what to ask for!
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

Ancient History wrote:
Prak/Kel wrote:Kel will send Vincent to the Sealaska to keep an eye on Seth's back,

Vincent has a smoke outside the closed museum, and strikes up a conversation with a passing prostitute, keeping everything professional.
Am I to understand Kel sent Vincent to Sealaska forgetting Seth was actually at Northrim bank and AH just rolled with it? If so that is hilarious.

Also have I mentioned your map is awesome Neb?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Okay, yeah, that is hilarious. And seconding the second thing too.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

radthemad4 wrote:Seth will mentally text Vincent, "The burglar is in here, and will probably leave soon. I need you to tail her if, er... when she escapes. She's fast so I'd advise you to get somewhere high and keep an eye out for when she leaves the building. Transform and roll out. Sorry... couldn't resist."
Now twice as funny.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Well, shit. My bad.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Shady314 wrote:Also have I mentioned your map is awesome Neb?
Squee. Pretty please feel free to move stuff around, especially the character-specific stuff floating in Gastineau Channel. For Ia that's just his PI retainer, speedboat and bolthole, but other people have more.

Also, descriptive information that anyone feels like inserting in the individual markers would be neat.
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

Max is in the alley too. I was waiting for him to use that butterfly knife.

Looks like our goons are handling that gaggle of ghouled girls.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I was gonna stick with the full defense trick I mentioned earlier and just have him be standing his ground and doling out counterattacks. Against that many people you can't really win conventional melee combat by being the aggressor because you'd get boned by the action economy and would have to let people make unopposed attack rolls against you, which is very, very bad.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Shady314 wrote:Max is in the alley too. I was waiting for him to use that butterfly knife.

Looks like our goons are handling that gaggle of ghouled girls.
Blood boosted pampered uiniverity girls are still pampered university girls. And They don't have all that much blood to begin with, since they've only got one donor between them and she doesn't seem the generous sort.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

hyzmarca wrote:"Does anyone know how to use a rocket launcher?"
Maybe, but only for 5 minutes.
The number of successes rolled determines how well the character understands this particular piece of equipment. One success allows a basic knowledge (on/off and simple functions), while three successes grant competence in operating the device, and five successes show the character the full range of the device's potential.
10 dice vs Difficulty 4 (3 if railroaded by Max), and spend one willpower for an autosuccess.

Though I don't know what 'competence in operating the device' and 'the full range of the device's potential' actually translate to in mechanical terms. Could Verge benefit from Analyze if he's using Telepathy on Seth when he does it?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Seth could instruct Verge on how to use the rocket launcher via Telepathy.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I get the feeling she'd just dodge the rocket launcher with superspeed. Perhaps Ia should hold her down telekinetically or something first.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

radthemad4 wrote:I get the feeling she'd just dodge the rocket launcher with superspeed. Perhaps Ia should hold her down telekinetically or something first.
It's an incendiary designed to attack buildings. You shoot it in the general area and burning fuel gets sprayed everywhere. A direct hit shouldn't be necessary.

The Russians classify it as a Rocket-Assisted Flamethrower, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxQxJPtJthw

Anyway, it's main use, tactically, would be to control her movements and herd her, and maybe induce Rötschreck.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Apologies for delay, unexpected 14-hour drive. Also, the dog ate something foul (we think cat poop) and threw up in the car. Game will resume tomorrow-ish.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Uh, I kinda lost track. What's going on with Suzanne? Has she been ambushed by Assamites or something? Should we do something about it?
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

radthemad4 wrote:Uh, I kinda lost track. What's going on with Suzanne? Has she been ambushed by Assamites or something? Should we do something about it?
No. The Cammies have sent a squad of Assamites to capture Eris.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

hyzmarca wrote:
radthemad4 wrote:I get the feeling she'd just dodge the rocket launcher with superspeed. Perhaps Ia should hold her down telekinetically or something first.
It's an incendiary designed to attack buildings. You shoot it in the general area and burning fuel gets sprayed everywhere. A direct hit shouldn't be necessary.

Anyway, it's main use, tactically, would be to control her movements and herd her, and maybe induce Rötschreck.
Nice. No video game I've played does them justice.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

radthemad4 wrote:
hyzmarca wrote:

Nice. No video game I've played does them justice.
Video games tend to tone down the power of explosives because they'd be way too overpowered otherwise.

Hmm. Her daughter would be at least 16 by now, nearly 17. Though, realistically, she'd be close to 18 at this point.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

I should point out, completely OOC, that for my current plan Stan does not have to do what Verge just asked him to do. In fact, it's probably better if he doesn't for various reasons. It's only important that Stan tell Verge that he did it, and even that isn't vital.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

You mean Seth.

I updated the character's locations. While most are on Douglas Island, and several are roughly 5 minutes from the dairy, I'm trying to catch all the accompanying NPCs, carpools, and order of arrival as well. Please tell me if any of this needs to be adjusted:

Eris: at dairy, all hidden-like
Kel, with Ursula: at dairy
Suzanne, accompanied by her assistant Lucas, Mme. Hermes, and the Assamite Camarilla Delegation: <5 min from dairy
Verge, presumably accompanied by the ghost John Smith: ~5 min from dairy
Stan, with Clay: a little behind Verge
Ia, with Steven and "Cornrows": a little behind Stan
Max: either riding with Ia or at the alley with the cops and most of the DoL
Seth: the safe house
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:You mean Seth.
Yes. Me names confused.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:Seth: the safe house
Seth was going there, but decided to do rocket launcher duty instead and changed course for the dairy.

Would Seth survive a rocket launcher shot at point blank range? If he does, how long would it take to recover after our minions pick up the pieces?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Verge, Stan, Ia, Max, Kel and their various entourages are now at the dairy. Suzanne & co. are enroute. Eris is not present. No word from Vincent since he claims he lost her.

The cows are restless.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

So, everyone clear on where they are before the action starts?
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:So, everyone clear on where they are before the action starts?
I am clear.