Princes of the City: Anyone Want to Bite?

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:Sorry for the delay, still on vacation.
No problem. Vacate all you want.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

hyzmarca wrote:
Ancient History wrote:Sorry for the delay, still on vacation.
No problem. Vacate all you want.
Yeah man, enjoy yourself.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

For those who feel like their characters have nothing to do...this isn't a mystery that'll likely be solved in one night, and not everybody's skillset is going to be directly applicable at all times. Feel free to come up with some other goal or typical other business that your characters might engage in, such as clubbing , looking for prey, seducing minor government officials, etc. (In other words, what do you do with your unlife?)

Otherwise, we can just assume you're busy with the general business of taking care of your dietary needs and maintaining your Backgrounds.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Any other questions people want me to ask my menagerie? I had thought to ask about colour, but didn't think I'd get anything from them. But what the hell. I mean, I doubt they can give us any identifying characteristics, or even be much good spotting a perp out of photos. So... I mean, I'm kind of not so helpful here.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Prak wrote:Any other questions people want me to ask my menagerie? I had thought to ask about colour, but didn't think I'd get anything from them. But what the hell. I mean, I doubt they can give us any identifying characteristics, or even be much good spotting a perp out of photos. So... I mean, I'm kind of not so helpful here.
Did the perp have a wee wee or a hoo-ha? Any bounncy things on their chest? Basically, any gender identifying characteristics that the animals could notice.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yes, because I do all my corpse disposal in the nude.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Prak wrote:Yes, because I do all my corpse disposal in the nude.
I'd suggest doing in in saran wrap, makes cleaning up easier.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I talked to Longes and he isn't planning on entering this game. So, we're going with a Mummy Companion I guess.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

In Florida (again) this weekend, limited posting. Does anybody need help getting caught up? Is the pace too slow, or too fast? Bueller? Bueller?
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I've mildly appreciated the bit of slowdown due to getting knocked the fuck out by mono. I'm more on the ball now though.
bears fall, everyone dies
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

I'd personally love a faster pace but that's because I can spend my working hours alt-tabbing to this site periodically which I realize is a somewhat unique position to be in. I don't expect anyone to match that kind of availability so the speed doesn't bother me either way.

Despite a couple (corrected) mistakes before I think I'm caught up.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm cool with the current pace.

Ancient History
Serious Badass

C'mon, your highneyasses.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

hyzmarca wrote:
Ancient History wrote:
Hyzmarca/Verge wrote: He also does a a couple of google searches for Tlingit burial grounds and holy places.
Google pops up that the Russian Orthodox Cemetery in Juneau was a Tlingit burial ground for centuries.
As Verge's attempts to contact Suzanne fail and go to voice mail, he makes a trip to the Orthodox cemetery to see if he can find anything there.
(Edited)
The two cemeteries this could refer to are either effectively the southwestern corner of Evergreen Cemetery, where Joe Juneau is buried, and next to Verge's current location, or a few minutes drive away on Douglas Island(map on p33), which was in primary usage after Evergreen. Neither of these areas are maintained by the city, even though other parts of the cemeteries are, and its slipping into neglect is overseen by the nearby St. Nicholas Parish, where Stan holds services, and which serves as one source of the group's Military Forces and Herd.
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Thu May 07, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I've annotated a map, and linked it to the group backgrounds post. One layer is reserved for current character locations*, another for Holdings/Property, a third for retainers/allies/contacts, and the last for points of interest/vampire NPCs. Anyone can edit it. I've attempted to roughly match a character's color with that of their corresponding entourage, but the provided palette is surprisingly slim pickings. There are 8 character-specific locations/contacts that couldn't be approximated by description alone, so they're floating in Gastineau Channel along with the NPC vampires. Please check it out and help me get everyone's stuff placed the way they'd like. I stuck the mummy in the group's tower, if anyone feels like naming/statting them up.

*The Grove where the bound demon is awaiting Suzanne was described as being a hiking trail 15 minutes drive from the University, so I just picked a spot.
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Thu May 14, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The reason I wait between posting is to give everyone a chance to post, so one or two players don't monopolize the action...but that doesn't work if players don't post.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:The reason I wait between posting is to give everyone a chance to post, so one or two players don't monopolize the action...but that doesn't work if players don't post.
That's also why I wait between posting.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

If anyone (in character) objects to my releasing Ouathiel, this would certainly be the time to do it, because Suzie is going to do it otherwise.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Koumei wrote:If anyone (in character) objects to my releasing Ouathiel, this would certainly be the time to do it, because Suzie is going to do it otherwise.
Verge would, but he isn't there.

If he was, he'd ask Othaiel if it's in our interests to release him and if we'd regret the decision.

Because, honestly, this isn't the sort of thing that one does lightly. Verge assumed that he'd just give the message and go.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel would ask Suzanne if Ouathiel can be trusted to not try to kill them after being released, whether they would be given to understanding we didn't know who they were, and thought they were just some demon sent to, well, attack us, not the contact of Suzanne.

Kel will trust Suzanne's judgement, but Ursula's not going anywhere.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Seth wouldn't do anything because he isn't aware of the demon situation (unless I missed something somewhere).
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon May 25, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

Ia would hope Ouathiel is going to abide by the rules of the city. If not he'd be against it. A demon running loose getting its jollies off seems like an additional headache we don't need.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Players? Couple hours of night left, if you want to do anything else before we move on to the next evening...
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I'm fine moving onto the next evening.
bears fall, everyone dies
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

There was at one point talk of checking out Vlacha's tattoo/Madame Zora's palmistry respective parlors. If no one's interested in their characters doing that, Stan will just go home and muck about with his daytime proxies' faces. To that end, what sort of things might people like to have agents attempt during business hours? Getting specifics about the beef recall comes to mind, as does compiling a list of which politicians are implicated in the nascent sex scandal. Also someone can speak with the group's allies involved in smuggling (Glacier Distribution and Jeff Bridges) to make sure the arrests aboard the Midnight Venture in no way can be linked to similar clandestine (if less execrable) smuggling committed on Thorton's Misfortune.