[Dom4] BadNationsForBadPeople (Game on!)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

K
King

Post by K »

Atlantis wins the award for the Most Amusingly Useless Throne.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

What does Dominion Conflict Bonus +1 mean, anyways?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I assume it means your Dominion counts as one higher for purposes of dominion pushes.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Hi Machaka/K

Kindest regrets, but I'm afraid I'll have to terminate our NAP 3 as of this turn 40. Expect orders to attack sent on Turn 43.
K
King

Post by K »

Ikeren wrote:Hi Machaka/K

Kindest regrets, but I'm afraid I'll have to terminate our NAP 3 as of this turn 40. Expect orders to attack sent on Turn 43.
I figured that. Your build-up of forces was not subtle.

I'll see you on the field of battle on turn 44. It should be interesting.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I am not good at subtle.

I also apologize for this, but I'd like turn times to be set to 72 hours.

I am currently planting trees. Here is what my day looks like:
6am wake up - breakfast, pack lunch, in the truck for 7am
8am, arrive to cut block. Plant trees for 9 hours. (I burn 4000-5000 calories/day)
5pm, get in trick, drive back.
6pm, cook dinner, get gear ready for the next day, do dishes.
7:30pm-9pm: Free time, if everything has gone well. Often it hasn't, and I have to do something else (fix something, go get groceries, do laundry, etc).

I'd like to have enough time to give this game a good shot, so I'd like to make that request. Sorry if it's a large inconvenience for people.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Yeah, MA Ulm is bad at surprises.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Ulm has a small number of owl quills for sale --- 5-10. If you're interested, please throw an offer my way. Preferences in gems: Air--->Water--->Death--->Other.

Working on my turn, should be able to finish it tomorrow night.
K
King

Post by K »

Mmm, now that Atlantis and Ulm are double-teaming me, I'm glad we are at 72 hours. So much damned scripting now.

Should be fun, guys.

That being said, who popped an Earth Attack on me? That's a gross amount of Conjuration. What's the plan there?
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

It's a good thing, too. It'd be a damn one sided battle if it was me versus you :p ... I'm still not very good at this, as evinced by my getting slaughtered one-sidedly in the other game.
Last edited by Ikeren on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I'm sure this is old news to a lot of people, but man, fighting someone when the greatest part of their strength is invisible is nerve-wracking.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

You could have gone, against Man instead ;)
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
K
King

Post by K »

Ever see a SC King of Fire beaten to death by a small number of cavemen? I have!

Sooooo, Magma spam. Interesting. I was wondering what the plan was there.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Massively off script. He should have cast a battlefield enchantment, followed by a couple self-buffs, then hold + attack. He had the gems for it, too, and didn't have conservative gem usage turned on...so I guess it decided the Cavemen were too easy to use the gems, but then managed to lose anyways?
K
King

Post by K »

Ikeren wrote:Massively off script. He should have cast a battlefield enchantment, followed by a couple self-buffs, then hold + attack. He had the gems for it, too, and didn't have conservative gem usage turned on...so I guess it decided the Cavemen were too easy to use the gems, but then managed to lose anyways?
I'm confused. He did cast a battlefield spell (Fire Storm? I always confuse it with Flame Storm and forget which one is the battlefield one), but you didn't kill much because you got beaten to death pretty quickly and cavemen have a small fire resistance and high HPs.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I haven't watched it yet. He didn't cast the self buffs after Fire Storm? Maybe fatigue was too high?

Edit: Yeah, I watched it, that's what happened. I must have got the math on Fatigue for that wrong. Oh well.
Last edited by Ikeren on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Looks like I wasn't the only one to lose a thug for very little gain, though I think mine was more expensive by a mile.

I didn't recognize the chasis. Is that a Machaka national summon?
K
King

Post by K »

Ikeren wrote:Looks like I wasn't the only one to lose a thug for very little gain, though I think mine was more expensive by a mile.

I didn't recognize the chasis. Is that a Machaka national summon?
Nah, that was from Hidden in Sand. It was just some nonsense that I wanted to test as a thug option so I tossed all the random crap from luck events onto it plus a decent sword.
Last edited by K on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

In other news, I'm now sold on Curse of the Frog Prince. Sea trolls are a lot less hardcore when they are frogs.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Ah, the commander from hidden in Sand. Shoulda figured that out --- usually I just pay attention to the mages.

I see you started putting guards on your sorcerers. The micro for that is annoying, eh? I've been doing 100% of my commanders on the off chance you have some assassins kicking around.
K
King

Post by K »

Ikeren wrote:Ah, the commander from hidden in Sand. Shoulda figured that out --- usually I just pay attention to the mages.

I see you started putting guards on your sorcerers. The micro for that is annoying, eh? I've been doing 100% of my commanders on the off chance you have some assassins kicking around.
Yeh, at this point in the game the micro is insane. I think micro-fatigue has killed more nations than Fire magic.
K
King

Post by K »

Ulm's Magma Army is now short 41 Master Smiths. I am happy.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Quite the battle. I'm surprisingly pleased at how not terribly I did, and I think I got some ideas.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Buying Water gems. Have nature and air (mostly).

--
Eriu
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Korwin wrote:Buying Water gems. Have nature and air (mostly).

--
Eriu
I also have Fire and Astral Gems.