[Dom4] BadNationsForBadPeople (Game on!)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

K
King

[Dom4] BadNationsForBadPeople (Game on!)

Post by K »

Heyo!

Looking to play some more Dom4. The premise for this will be that everyone plays a "bad" nation that they usually wouldn't play, but it's strictly honor system. Map is Valanis, +20% sites, no mods, Middle Era, someone will take over running the game if I get killed.

Anyone in?

edit:
K Machaka
name_here Atlantis
Shiritai Man
Korwin Eriu
Angelfromanotherpin Shinuyama
Ikeren Ulm
Last edited by K on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Well, the one I really dont want to play (again) would be MA Oceania...
and I wont in this. Not shure what would be next of the bad on my list.
I'll think about it.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I'll give MA Atlantis a shot.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I don't know enough about Dom4 to know which nations are bad. I know Frank did a brief era guide, but what are some of the lower end nations in MA so I can fiddle around with them?
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

I'll go for MA Man; trying a low diversity side like that would be... interesting. At least the early game will be straightforward!
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Thought about Agartha, but did'nt they get an update?
Are they still bad?

Edit:
BTW, what are you playing K?
Last edited by Korwin on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
K
King

Post by K »

I was thinking of Machaka.

Low end nations are probably Abysia, Shinuyama, Ulm, Eriu, Asphodel, the ocean nations, the ones picked....
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Well, then I'll try Eriu.
Never played it, not even in single player...
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I'll give Shinuyama a go.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I also have no idea what is or isn't a shitty nation, but Pangean Ermor sounds fun. If K says Asphodel is shitty, I will trust him and sign up for Asphodel.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Ooooh, can I take MA Ulm? Zinegata, I'm using your strategy word for word. Maybe that will make up for the fact I suck at this shit?
K
King

Post by K »

So it looks like....

K Machaka
name_here Atlantis
Shiritai Man
Korwin Eriu
Angelfromanotherpin Shinuyama
DSMatticus Asphodel
Ikeren Ulm

I propose seven Level 2 thrones, ten Level 1s, 16 points for a win.
Last edited by K on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Control 2/3rds of the map? Might be a hint high? Even in the current game, getting 8/16 points is going to mean controlling an incredible amount of the map.

I dunno, I'm not great at this.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

In retrospect, I am really not sure this is a good time for me to try and get into a Dominions game. I was planning to use the "play a shitty nation" gimmick as a basis for giving zero fucks and having a comparatively relaxed go at global conquest, but dicking around with builds and strategies in singleplayer has reminded me exactly how OCD I am and how time consuming Dominions can be. Particularly for a nation with freespawn. So I'm gonna apologize for jumping the gun on this one and duck out.
K
King

Post by K »

Ikeren wrote:Control 2/3rds of the map? Might be a hint high? Even in the current game, getting 8/16 points is going to mean controlling an incredible amount of the map.

I dunno, I'm not great at this.
Mmm, with 24 points in play.... yeh, 16 is probably too high. Twelve seems better.

Eight would be crazy low because you could just rush the four nearest level 2 thrones for the win.

How about 12 for the win?
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

I don't have much experience with thrones games, but 12/24 sounds like a fine ratio to me.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

12/24 seems reasonable. I'm down.

Also, in my preliminary run of Ulm: Holy fuck the micro. This is why I mostly play giant nations...
Last edited by Ikeren on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

50% is ok for me too.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Created my pretender. We have 6 players; Valanis at 142/21 might be a bit big? 27 provinces a person?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

my pretender would be ready too...
K
King

Post by K »

BadNationsForBadPeople is up and accepting pretenders.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Pretender in.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Same.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I think only K is missing.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Game started!