[Dom4] BadNationsForBadPeople (Game on!)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I might have fucked something up on my first turn file but I'll deal with it later today. I need to sleep.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Durrr, don't put spaces in folder names.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Strange, all nations submitted their turn, quickhost is on, but the turn is not processe...?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Looks like the server's having a bit of a wobbly.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Yeah, it's the same for all games on llama right now.
K
King

Post by K »

Turn out, literally while I was typing a "llama is borked" message.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Hi K, can we get the nation list edited into the first post please?

Also, I've never played most of the nations in this game so I'm doing quick reviews:

K: Machaka: F3E3D2N3, with 10% +1F, +1E, +1D: Total 11
Leaders: Priest spy, tax collector (WTF is that, even?), assassin, and spider transforming mage.
Troops: Cheap archers, resource cheap low prot warriors, a decent spearman, spider cavalry, and a stealthy dual wielder.

name_here: Atlantis: W5F2E2S2, with 10% +1W, +1F, +1E, +1S: Total: 11
Leaders: Amphibious, some darkvision, poison spines (??), fortune teller, some cold resist
Troops: Various troops, none of which really seem to stand out.

Shiritai: Man: A3W1E1N4, with +10% A1, W1, E1, N1: Total: 9
Leaders: Stealthy priest, spy.
Troops: Famous longbowmen, hold the line troops for the longbowmen, and some cavalry.

Korwin: Eriu: A4W2E1N3, with +10% A1, E1, N1: Total: 10
Leaders: Spy, Glamour, Stealth, Lightning Resist,
Troops: Wow, that sucks. Sorry Korwin. The only thing that's solid in here is the glamoured stealthy sacreds --- I hope those are recruit everywhere?

Angelfromanotherpin: Shinuyama: F3W2E3D3N2, with +10% +1 fire, +1 water, +1 earth, +1 death: Total: 13
Leaders: Fearful assassin, darkvision,
Troops: Amphibious, darkvision, mediocre until the Dai Bakemo.

Ikeren: Ulm: F2E3A1S1: Total: 7
Leaders: Spy, Resource Bonus, Forge bonus, inquisitor.
Troops: Crossbowmen, all the infantry you want, Knights, anti-sacred guardians.
Last edited by Ikeren on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

And things that I'm noticing: We have Fire, Earth, Water, Air, and Nature magic in good qualities. Death is shorter (D3/D2), Astral basically non-existant (S2/S1), and blood totally non-existant.

The Crystal Throne will represent a powerful astral power up (E2S2 with easy forging of Crystal coins for S3), same with the Iron Throne (E2S2+1R), and thrones of Spring and Summer (A2N1, F2N1, I think) could provide useful diversity to a nation depending on who hits what.

Man has Little John, the Most High, Rider of Clouds, August Master, Eater of Filth, which means Air, Death, and something?

Eriu has Greenwater, Goddess of Primeval Depths, Queen of Primordial Waters, Patron of Berserkers which is Water/Fire?

Ulm (me) has The Foregmaster, Fountain of Order, He Who Makes the Way Clear, Lord of Stellar Lights, King of the Heirarchs, which I'll confirm means high order and some astral :P

Machaka has Simba, Prince of the World, Lord of Mountains, the Unshakable, Lord of Patience, which is Earth at least, not sure about the rest

Sinuyama has Emperor Yungchang, he who tempers the spirit, the afterthought, the armorer, and emperor of the bakemo...which means some earth?

Atlantis has Lapidus Majoris, God of invincible power, God of Gods, the Hammer of Gaia, God of Metals, Prince of Greater Earth, which I'm reading as Earth/Nature?

I'm not an expert on this, by any means. Sorry if I'm guessing wrong/and/or revealing your nations strategy in my brief summary.

Edit: Also, another analysis of what the game has:

8 Air: 4/3/1
10 Water: 5/2/2/1/
10 Fire: 3/3/2/2/
13 Earth: 3/3/3/2/1/1
3 Astral: 2/1
5 Death: 3/2
12 Nature: 4/3/3/2

Everyone has a bit of earth; lots of people have access to some Fire, Water, or Nature. Air is decently represented, and Astral and Death power is dismal, with blood again, being non-existant.
Last edited by Ikeren on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Ikeren wrote: Leaders: Priest spy, tax collector (WTF is that, even?), assassin, and spider
normaly you need an Connection to an fort to get taxes from your provinces. An tax collector is an mobile fort for tax collection porpose.
Ikeren wrote: Korwin: Eriu: A4W2E1N3, with +10% A1, E1, N1: Total: 10
Leaders: Spy, Glamour, Stealth, Lightning Resist,
Troops: Wow, that sucks. Sorry Korwin. The only thing that's solid in here is the glamoured stealthy sacreds --- I hope those are recruit everywhere?
nope :nonono:
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

One unfortunate drawback to MA Atlantis is that the mages are slow to recruit or capital-only. I'm not kidding. Literally all of them are one of those.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Ikeren wrote:Troops: Amphibious, darkvision, mediocre until the Dai Bakemo.
I take issue with this. The Bakemono Archer is an 8g/4r shortbowman, with stealth, forest survival, and mountain survival (and that's in a faction which has very little trouble throwing down Flaming Arrows). Undisciplined is a drawback, but a fairly minor one because you can use the Dais for targeted fire.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I thought undisciplined troops wouldn't shoot for very long before moving to melee?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Not as far as I've ever seen. My little dudes fire off their 12 ammo and only move to get into range.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Ah, I had stayed away from undisciplined archers thinking they'd just rush into melee. Whoops :P
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

So first black candle found, but there is an river between me and them.
Anyone allready found an neighbor?
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

So in regards to metagame:

Is saying I've had amazing luck so far and am already super powerful, or saying I've had terrible luck and my empire has shitty low income barbarians lands and no interesting indies everywhere, going to make it less likely for people to attack me? Neither is true. Just curious :P
K
King

Post by K »

Well, I can say that using Pygmies as chaff to blunt cavalry charges is making me feel like a racist.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Pressed b by mistake, I allways forget the mercenaries...
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

They're over rated. I'm just using them to kickstart my astral and air site searching, because knowing my luck it'll be 30 turns before I get an air or astral smith.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

One of my human capital-only mages is diseased from old age already.

Karma is apparently a bitch.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Greetings Shinuyama, don't plan to get to your side of the river.

--
Eriu
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I'm surprised that more people didn't send even a token champion to the arena.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I was in the category of "All I have are mages with not the right combat spells."
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

So, I got a pile of militia in one of those events which serves mainly to drain your income until you can get the moochers properly suicided. Well, they were convenient to be used as fodder in overcoming a Throne province, and those little good-for-nothings actually did a really good job. They held off twice their number in barbarians and phantasmal warriors for way longer than they could have been expected to, and managed not to rout until almost all of them had died, so I don't even grudge the remainder their upkeep.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

My god, that throne of beasts is a pain in the arse. When does it turn off? Ever? A random fucking dog killed one of my smiths. What the hell is that shit?