[Dom4] BadNationsForBadPeople (Game on!)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Ikeren wrote:My god, that throne of beasts is a pain in the arse. When does it turn off? Ever? A random fucking dog killed one of my smiths. What the hell is that shit?
I honestly had no idea what I was unleashing there. At first I got some random dog allies, and all was well, but then those dogs died in a dog attack and one of my friars got into a bare-fisted brawl with a dog. If I've turned the game into wolf-world I sincerely apologize.
Last edited by Shiritai on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Ikeren wrote:When does it turn off? Ever?
There was a message this last turn that the power of the Throne of Beasts has waned, so presumably the dog attacks will at least slow.

I got hit with a couple, but fortunately my casters are secretly giant cats who kill dogs dead.
K
King

Post by K »

It could be worse. While I too have been getting random werewolf attacks and assassin dogs, one of my spider mages just got the Tainted Presence tag from fucking a witch and producing a foul spawn.

No bullshit. One of my mages got a mystical STD and a monster baby.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Oh man, am I glad that's over with. I had three land provinces two turns ago. Now I have one.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

What is the Tainted Presence tag?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I assumed Horror Mark.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Tainted Presence is apparently new in a patch, and it gives extra leadership while looking incredibly ominous. As in, it uses the Horror Mark icon.
Last edited by name_here on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
K
King

Post by K »

Tainted Presence uses a version of the Horror Mark. It's a blue aura around a black person instead of a blue aura around a red person like on a Horror Mark.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Atlantis wishes to formally announce our claim to the waters.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

I knew you were after my precious bodily fluids! :razz:
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Yeah, I got a couple water, I accidentally put PD10 in one not thinking. Sorry about that.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

What the hell is going on in Scorpion Cracks? It's like Eriu is fighting an actual (small) war with undead indies.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Ulm can open negotiations for the sale of dwarven hammers (and other Construction 2 goodies), with specific interest in Death and Astral gems.
Last edited by Ikeren on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Okay, who opened the bad box? Eriu, I'm looking in your direction.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

bad box?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

The Silver Sarcophagus global event, that raises death by 2 and diseases a bunch of units.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Oooh, I've seen that in single player. How do you open it? Send a commander there and activate an event? Or do you just discover it?

Edit: Also, Ulm can forge goodies such as Dwarven Hammers and Owl Quills at reasonable prices. Mostly looking for your unwanted, unused Death and Astral gems.
Last edited by Ikeren on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I got 2 separate turn files that are different sizes for Turn 31.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Yeaaah, same here. And the second says I staled. Looks like a hiccup where it ran the turns twice, maybe?

Also the purple font for the second email was a mystery.
Last edited by Shiritai on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

So everyone uses the first instance?
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Not sure if that'd work. The second turn 31 file it sent us takes place after the first turn 31; they're layered on top of each other.

And llamaserver is saying we all staled that last turn, sooo we might be stuck with the second turn 31.
Last edited by Shiritai on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Well, we could probably make it recompute the turn. However, the new version has some major bugs and I recommend we hold off till the next patch or hotfix in either case.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

So, for the moment, use the second turn 31?

Also, I noticed summons aren't showing up, and in my single player game, gems converted via alchemy show warnings to the server as cheating.
K
King

Post by K »

I suggest we just power through because this is probably just a hiccup. Everyone staling is annoying, but not entirely fatal at this point to anyone.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Seems sending the first turn 31 works fine, so there's no stale after all.