[Dom4] BadNationsForBadPeople (Game on!)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

K
King

Post by K »

Both turns come up as stales for me. Anyone else?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Only the second shows as a stale for me. Although the first one claims that Ulm is cheating on its gems which I assume is the alchemy bug.

I'm still not sure which turn to respond to. And I shudder to think what happens if we split our responses.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Well, I'd recommend the first turn, but I'd also recommend pausing the game until the bugs get sorted out. Alchemy and summons are both pretty important.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
K
King

Post by K »

I put a 24-hour pause on the game so we can reach an agreement.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I submitted the second turn and got

"Hello from the LlamaServer.

I received an e-mail from you, but unfortunately there seems to be a problem with it.

Your 2h file seems to be for a different turn number to the one the game's currently on. The 2h file is for turn 32, while the game is now on turn 31."

So I think we're stuck with the first turn?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

anyone tried turn resending?
If not, I'll try it later...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Ikeren wrote:I submitted the second turn and got

"Hello from the LlamaServer.

I received an e-mail from you, but unfortunately there seems to be a problem with it.

Your 2h file seems to be for a different turn number to the one the game's currently on. The 2h file is for turn 32, while the game is now on turn 31."

So I think we're stuck with the first turn?
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. The second turn 31 wasn't accepted, but the first turn 31 was. Which is good, since the second is where everyone staled.

As for the new patch, I'm fine with waiting until gem transmutation and remote summons are fixed up.
Korwin wrote:anyone tried turn resending?
If not, I'll try it later...
The first turn 31 email you got should work; try playing your turn off of that one.
Last edited by Shiritai on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I'm personally fine with continuing play, mostly because I just won't do more alchemy/remote summons :P
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Just threw out a new turn (presumably from everyone auto-submitting) and claims everyone staled again.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

new turn Claims wrong turn too...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
K
King

Post by K »

Crap. It actually staled me again. Not getting to "do turns" or "have troops follow commands" is really going to put a cramp in my plans to take over the world.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Do we have a solution? E-mail Llamaserver? It seems like we're totally out of sync with the game.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Yeaaaa, same here. Even though the server says I didn't stale, in-game it says I staled due to my .2h file being too old. I agree with Ikeren; we should see if this is a llamaserver-wide thing.

Edit: It's not a llamaserver-wide thing.

Edit edit: It's exactly the same as this this problem, so it sounds like our best next step is emailing the llamabeast.
Last edited by Shiritai on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Email sent. Digits crossed.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Also, here on out I will need a 48 hour turn timer as I will be planting trees.
K
King

Post by K »

After an initial response, there is no word from llamabeast.

I think I should roll the game back two turns to before the fuck-up now that the patch for the alchemy bug is out and hope for the best. Anyone object?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

For my part, lets try it.
I think I would have forewarning of Mans attack, but I can live with that :D
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

I honestly have no idea which turn it would give us after reverting two turns, bu sure, let's try that!
K
King

Post by K »

Well, it looks like I accidentally hit it twice on the second turn rollback. We're rolled back three turns instead. My apologies.

So, redo Turn 29 and we'll hope for the best.

Also, make sure you are updated to patch 4.17.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Lousy timequakes.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I will get to this tomorrow evening. Please 48 hour turn timers from here on in?
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Don't have time to do the turn. Could I get a delay please?
K
King

Post by K »

Ikeren wrote:I will get to this tomorrow evening. Please 48 hour turn timers from here on in?
I set it to 48 before the rollback. Anyone need more time than that?
Last edited by K on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Uh, it looked like 24 to me --- I saw the turn Monday evening for the first time (it wasn't there Sunday evening) and it rolled already by Tuesday evening?

I staled. But whatever, I guess.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Urrrr, durr, nevermind. It used my default turn 29 turn file, which was fine.

Submitting turn 30.